It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
How come I feel that I am just an ordinary guy who walked into a biker bar every time I give my 2 cents.

The analogy is like this. I have a Conservative opinion on most things and every time I open my mouth in a thread thats ant-war/bush/ pro liberal I feel really out of place and get the feeling every one wants to beat my arse.

any one get the same feeling?

[edit on 27-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
The analogy is like this. I have a Conservative opinion on most things and every time I open my mouth in a thread thats ant-war/bush/ pro liberal I feel really out of place and get the feeling every one wants to beat my arse.

You're not paranoid. They probably do want to beat your arse.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I had to laugh at that! No, you're not the only one. However, I'm just on the other side most of the time. I think that whichever side of the relentless political struggle one is on, it seems like the other guys are the mean ones.

Truth is, some people are mean. There are, shall we say, 'less diplomatic' communicators on all sides of this thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It doesn't matter where on the spectrum you are, there will always be people on this board who are incapable of showing you basic respect.

I'm assumed to be a liberal, simply because of geographic location, when in reality I tend to be fiscally conservative, socially liberal and have a different stance on almost every topic. Heck, I've even been known to change my mind in light of new information, on occasion.

Politics is far too complicated to be black and white, or liberal and conservative.

You'll either get used to it, or do what I did and stop posting in those topics. I realized I came to this site to deny my ignorance, not everyone else's.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You have voted Duzey for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month

Thank you for putting into words what I have thought for ages. After all its not our fault that american politics has become so dumb down that a fourth grader could run for office.

iksmodnad your just going to have to toughen up after all ATS has a 30 degree slant to the right. Bear in mind there may not even be a true consertive on this great site.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

How come I feel that I am just an ordinary guy who walked into a biker bar every time I give my 2 cents.

Are you sure you just walked into the biker bar, or did you drive your tank through it?

No offense whatsoever, but whether conscious or not, we all ooze subtle nonverbals even on what's supposedly a verbal (text) medium. And those "first impression" cues have consequences.

Say, you enter a thread discussion on Christianity to argue it's great contributions to peace, love and harmony with this avatar...

It's an uphill battle from the get go of your own doing then.

Not that it matters or I care, but you asked why this happens did you not?

Well, the first thing I saw when I opened this thread was a tank pointing at me with something about promoting peace written on it. Avatars don't evoke measured reason, they're emotive. And I think you knew that when you selected it.

Just something for consideration by all.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yes but my avatar is not set to offend anyone, it doesn't mock Michale Moore or bush .. Its simply a picture of a tank and a saying opposed to someone superimposing bush's head on to Hitler with a ridiculous statement underneath it , or having Michale Moore weaning a peace sign and in a outfit with rainbows on them.

If anyone is offended by my Sig tell me I will replace it right away I have many more to use.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Get used to it. The people who preach diversity and tolerance won't kick your butt because they have no gumption, but they'll "stab you in the back" in a heart beat and use every trick in the book to shut you up. That's the only way they can live with themselves because their beliefs won't hold up to scrutiny. A rational question is anathema. An opposing view is repugnant.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The people who preach diversity and tolerance won't kick your butt because they have no gumption, ...That's the only way they can live with themselves because their beliefs won't hold up to scrutiny.

Are you actually suggesting that scrutiny leads to uniformity and intolerance?

"Everyone who doesn't see things my way is an idiot"? Does that pretty much sum it up?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Liberals think I'm a Bushbot for my conservative views and neo-cons think I'm liberal because I oppose the Iraq invasion.

The funny thing is, Bush is not a conservative, and I'm a Constitution Party member, like ThomasCrowne and resistance are (those are the ATS members that come to mind).

Peg me as a Constitutionalist, and if you know what the Constitution says, you know pretty much what my views are.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No, you are not alone.

top topics

join