It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Mogul John Walton Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
John Walton, heir of Sam Walton; 11th richest man in the world (worth $18 billion); Wal Mart board member....is now deceased....

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.forbes.com...

Done in by the age old, cliché plane crash....No early leads yet as to what exactly happened....

Walton was an Army veteran who served with the Green Berets as a medic during the Vietnam War. He was awarded the Silver Star for saving the lives of several members of his unit while under enemy fire, according to the company. He attended the College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio.

Walton is survived by his wife, Christy, and son, Luke; his mother, Helen; two brothers, Rob and Jim; and a sister, Alice.

I'm no fan of Wal Mart's techniques, but I'm not a cold-hearted person either - I wish my condolences to the family

It's clear that the heirs to Wal Mart have not simply laid back and gone unnoticed in the duties their father had left to them, as it's one of the most successful businesses in America....

Wonder if this will have any effect on their stock tomorrow morning....

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey....Here's an idea....

Since the whole Walton family is roughly worth $18 billion each, spreading his $18.2 billion amongst them really isn't going to mean much to them...

But there are 295,734,134 other people in America....

Given he was worth $18.2 billion, there would be enough to send a check to each American for $61.54.......

That's one month's cell phone bill paid for me

Wouldn't that just be great?!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
How about we tax the wealthy so the poor don't have to - hey PTS!

Personally, I think all of it should go to me. I'm obviously the best person to handle this sort of load.

You've got to admire the business aspect of Wal-Mart. Something as successful as that deserves the recognition it gets.

new topics

join