It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night of the Comet ,Deep Impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I cant wait to see this.I am going to be wacthing nasa tv after I set of a
couple of rockets,what could better. but I can not find if I will be able to see
it with a teliscope from ware I live. I am in eastern time zone and at 1.52
am is time of inpact.will I beable to see it from ware I live?

I have did alot of looking on the net but not to shure ware to look.
any help would be great. a good link on the misshion

www.nasa.gov...

deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It is my understanding that it will only be able to be viewed in the southwestern part of the western hemisphere. Places such as southwestern US...western Mexico...Chile...Argentina. I'm in Texas and I'm not sure I will be able to see it, but I be looking. It may be below your horizon at the time of impact. They say that you may be able to see the "plume" left after impact for days though.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
[edit on 27-6-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'ts going to take place about 3 1/2 degrees east-northeast from the star Spica. Its a bluish star of the 1st magnitude, meaning its a bright star.
The star lies in the southern part of the sky. i think its gonna be just below the horizon for you guys on the east side.
go here for more info on the coverage of deep impact www.space.com...
It sounds like the chances of us actually seeing the event is kinda low, unless you got a sweet scope. Theres maps on how to find the stars location at that link.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by QUAS_UMA]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I hope there are some good live feeds on TV, I don't know what they will show, but alot of people are interested. This is an amazing event. I hope they find something un-expected in the comet's makeup.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
BBC: Comet mission set for deep impact

"The cosmic fireworks are scheduled for 0552 GMT on 4 July - American Independence Day.

The Hubble, Chandra, Spitzer and XMM Newton space observatories will be trained on Tempel 1 for the collision, as will ground-based telescopes worldwide."

Here´s NASA´s page: NASA - Deep Impact

And ATSNN: SCI/TECH: Watch Deep Impact's Comet Collision Via Live Webcast

[edit on 2005/7/2 by Hellmutt]

new topics

top topics

join