It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"pod-people" dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Dreams of Pod-People

Hi all. First posted thread ever here at ats. First post ever in this forum.

This seems like the place to post this. Anyone else have these or hear of them?

These started back in the 70s before I knew anything about greys, abductions, E.T., or Close Encounters o' 3rd Kind. (For the youngsters, the grey-type alien heads weren't anywhere in our pop culture.)

I remember having these dreams when I was less than 10. I would usually have these when I was sick. But also had them when I seemed to be entering a particularly heavy sleep (less often). Before I'd fall asleep things like my bedside clock would look like they were six feet away and so forth. When I was sick, this also happened and I also knew when I would have the dreams when I was sick. It was a weird sort of heavy and drowsy feeling and also uncomfortable because I had figured out what was coming but in a way sort of pleasing.

They seemed to occur a few times a year.

The dreams were always the same. They were black and white only. There were not any objects or things at all in an optical way. The entire dream was sensory and quite vivid in this respect.

As I said, they were black and white and this is what I would "see": something like oil or paints dropped in water. Always changing and slightly bubbling sort of. In a way not much different than what it looks like to put slight pressure on your closed eyes Sometimes it was kind of like static on a black and white tv only with changing patterns.

There were voices that were very irritating. The would sound as sarcastic and patronizing as is possible. They would speak in whispers and then change to yelling and on and on.

The sensory things I mentioned were unpleasant. I remember swallowing something larger than my head which I immediately refered to as a bowling ball. It's not that the voices told me it was a bowling ball. I remember that they seemed to be talking to themselves and I couldn't make anything out. So, they never said "swallow a bowling ball." It's like all of a sudden I knew I was doing something that shouldn't be possible and I'd feel it as well. Like a bad zen nightmare.

I refered to these dreams as "pod-people" dreams. I first remember mentioning them to my mom when I was into my teens. She said "Oh, you used to have those when you were three". So that weirded me out.

I think I stopped having them by the time I was out of grade school. For a while I'd have the "heavy" feeling and things would look far away, and the patterns would sort of start, but I don't remember them materializing into the same type of dreams. They weren't pod-people dreams.

Of course when I started hearing about abductions, some of the similarities were intriguing.

Again, I'm just wondering if someone has heard of or had similar dreams.

Man I hated those dreams.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I used to have dreams that I was hiding from UFOs that hovered around trains and railroad tracks. I've never seen one in person or been abducted, though.

You could also have been having very mild epileptic seizures. That's pretty common in childhood. A type of seizure includes very weird sensations and can include some visual stuff. It all depends on what part of the brain is affected. If this happened when you were sick, that could have triggered the seizure, especially if you had a fever at the time.

Or it could have just been bad dreams.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I rember about 3rd grade I started dreaming about aliens,thow I dont
think I was abducted , but thay were scary. in my dreams my family would be waching tv and aliens would storm in and take evrey bodey but I would run and hide and thay would be walking around and looking for me.

and the dreams ware thair was a mother ship or big ufo floating real slow
over are house as we all sat and looked at it
I wish I had a vcr for my dreams. lol but realy.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I had a dream I WAS an alien (some type of intelligent, possibly space-faring, insect-like species). I think it might have been a past life memory. It was really weird, because sight and sound were different - sight was more blurry - but there were other senses.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
ive never had an alien dream ever...

even tho i have seen UFOs around 20 to 30 times with many other witnesses

how ironic huh?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
When I was sick(well, fever) I used, and maybe still do, dream pretty much about the same thing. What it is, I can't really explain except that I feel uncomfortable and maybe anxious(sp?). I also think thos dreams are in black and white
Anyway, just to point out, maybe they're just "feverhallucinations" or whatever you wanna call them.
But since you say you had them when you weren't sick maybe they're not.
Did you, in your dreams, ever see anything resembeling an alien or "Gray"?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
hell yea they used to chase me around all the time.

The first dream i remember was when i was about 5-10 years old....i had a dream the tall greys came to the summer camp and me and my friend were hiding in the closet untill one of them opened the door and i woke up.

The last one i had i was hiding under the house and watched as aliens picked up people like crops from the streets...and saw human doctors operating on greys in hope to find some defence against them

you wanna know how i got rid of them?

I turned around in my dream when they were chasing me and yelled at them to leave me alone...and it worked

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
WingandaSigh and Phood,

Thanks for those comments.

The seizure thing may lead me to some answers or examples of similar dreams.

And the black and whiteness being related to fevers or sickness is interesting too (that is when they mainly happened, maybe even only when they happened).

Mine had more of a lack of color, more like black and grey. I really don't remember whites. Just sort of a nauseating gurgling moving canvas of goo.

Oh, and to answer the question about greys. The similarity I find is that the voices and presences in the dreams were definitely of intelligence in a human-like way (spoke in english, etc), but they were definitely not of this earth or plane (the simpleist example is the way they talked going from low to loud with thick irritating condescention).

Also, I was always "tortured" in some way, usually not in a terrifying way but sometimes painful, but always extremely uncomfortable. Huge feelings of compression or like the swalling something huge as does a snake example.

Also, the dreams were ALWAYS the "same." Meaning that they didn't vary in content, look, feeling, or action. Sometimes the "torture" would be different, but only slightly. Basically the exact same recurring dream.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

top topics

join