It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - Land of opportunity? Apparantly not...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I read this article today which i found very interesting... he title of the article says 'Australia seen as land of opportunity', but we need to look past the Pro-Australia spin (its a Sydney newspaper) and look at the underlying issue outlined in this article.

The Pew Global Attitudes Project, which asked 17,000 people in 16 countries about their attitudes to the United States, found that it had lost its image as the land of opportunity.

There is a similar ATSNN News Thread on this as well, but i feel that there is enough difference in this thread to warrant a new one.

This article (and i'm sure there are more out there online somewhere) shows that world opinion of the USA differs greatly to how the USA see's itself. Also it shows that the land that once prided itself on being 'the land of opportunity' no longer holds that title as less and less people from around the world would like to live there.

Heres another article from an Australian Newspaper with a very anti-American Twist on it.

What do you people (the ATSNN users) think of this trend of world opinion turning away from America? Do you feel it is the beginning of the end of the US dominace on world culture? Or do you feel it is directly due to your current administration? Or do you feel it is nothing but propaganda?

I particularly would like to hear from some of the pro USAers, more so the ones who argue America is the best place in the world due to the amount of people who wish to migrate there.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
yeh thats kind of right australia is the land of freedom and all not united states its all a saying there

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
personaly i think its how the laws are in us is what stops the place from becoming a free place its run by the goverment its like america is robots the goverment sets stuff out and the rest follow

new topics

join