It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

odd lights of of I-70 in kansas 8 years ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I finally decided to post my experience in hopes that I can get an explaination. I was driving out to Denver from Florida. I was on I-70 in the middle of Kansas, about 7 hours outside of Denver. The time frame was either the last few days of Oct, or the first few days of Nov 1997. I knew it was just after the first big blizzard that hit Denver that year. Anyways I notice off to my left(south) about 7-8 amber lights. They were aligned horizontally. I first thought they were flares. I used to be in the Military and the color seemed close. After 20 min, I started to really wonder. They did not descend nor did they go out. They almost appeared to be pacing the car, but since they were like a few miles off of the interstate, I didnt think much of it. I wanted to stop, but the car I was driving was a POS and I was afraid that if I stopped, it would not start back up(broke down 3 times on the way out). AS I review the Phoenix sightings, I can make a comparison to what I saw. If anyone has any input, please post.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thanks for this firsthand report. It's info like this that makes the ET/UFO forum great!

Actually, I was in Iowa during the same snowstorm. I remember it well: I was coming back from break and a blizzard (if we are talking about the same storm) hit the midwest. Many of my friends (i was a freshman in college at the time) couldn't make it back to school and had to stay overnight at hotels that were scattered around the region. This storm was so heavy that it shattered several trees on my campus alone.

Some thoughts/questions on/about your sighting:

1) If we are talking about the same storm, the visibility was so bad that nothing beyond lights could be seen. I found, in my years in Iowa, that farmers like to line up their machinery in rows while they are working at night. This could have been the source of your lights...
2)On the other hand, no farmer would even attempt to work during a blizzard. If these lights were fairly far from a road, it would mean that a farmer was working in crazy conditions.
3) Could these have been road flares? The conditions might make this a possibility.
4) Did you have any problems with your radio or engine at this time?
5) Were the lights in a perfect row during the entire sighting? Did they ever change their arrangement?
6)Did it seem like other drivers were slowing down to look?
7)About how well was your visibility at this point?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This was about a week or 2 after the storm left the state. Visability was good, Clear starlight sky. There werent alot of road lights and not alot of traffic...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Oops,
In re-reading your post I see that you felt that the lights were keeping up with you, so they couldn't be road flares. Still, they might have been large industrial size lights like the kind you see hanging around midwestern truck stops/fueling stations. In that storm the visibility was so bad that even yellow lights might have seemed amber in color....

...But I don't want to sound too skeptical. If you feel that these lighst were keeping up with the flow of traffic, and that they stayed in line, then you might be on to something here. The infamous 'Big Black Triangles' seem to enjoy following highways.

BTW, I remember how crazy that storm was. I wouldn't be surprised if all sorts of odd things happened during it.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soccerinco
This was about a week or 2 after the storm left the state. Visability was good, Clear starlight sky. There werent alot of road lights and not alot of traffic...

Again, oops,
We're posting at the same time. Sorry for the lag. Can you provide any more details? Could you try to go back, in your head, and re-live the moment? Any further details would be great.

join