It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Goulds and Tok'Ra were real, would you get implanted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm sitting here watching the Monday night Stargate SG-1 block of shows, and I just wondered how many people would let themselves be implanted if Goulds and Tok'ra were real.

I don't think I could handle having a parasite in my head, no matter how much knowledge I gained in the process. It would be pretty creepy to be two people in one. Although if the alternative were dying - well, I don't know.

Any willing Gould hosts out there?

Do you think a species like the Gould is possible? Maybe the greys are implanted! It would certainly explain their bad behavior ...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well the Tok'ra give the host some semblence of their old self, they co-exsist together... which wouldnt be too bad, but i would still prefer to have full control over my mind...

The Gou'ld proper though completely take over... this i owuldnt like at all as your no longer you but someone else at this point...

The Jaffa, however, are implanted with juvenile Gou'ld, these help your immune system and increase you strength, but arent fully developed as to be able to control your mind... this i would love to have. Imagine, super strong immune system, super strength, but control on your mind... who woudlnt like this...

BTW this is more suited for BTS not ATS

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The Jaffa, however, are implanted with juvenile Gou'ld, these help your immune system and increase you strength, but arent fully developed as to be able to control your mind... this i would love to have. Imagine, super strong immune system, super strength, but control on your mind... who woudlnt like this...

Of course, then you'd have that weird X in your belly, which wouldn't look so good in a bathing suit.

I've never posted on BTS, so ...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd definately go for what the Jaffa have. Like you said, increased life span, free of diseases, greater intelligence (I think, right?), strength...

By the way, I saw previews for the new SG1's starting July 15th and it looked like John Crighton and Erin Soon (don't know their real names) from Farscape are on there which would be great. You guys know anything about this?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

By the way, I saw previews for the new SG1's starting July 15th and it looked like John Crighton and Erin Soon (don't know their real names) from Farscape are on there which would be great. You guys know anything about this?

I've seen the commercials, but that's about it. I think they're trying to tease us into watching!

I used to watch Farscape, too.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I would'nt mind becoming a Tok'ra, I dont think it would want to blend with me though, I'm a bit demented, I would'nt mind being a Goa'uld if I could had some control and be could converse with it, just imagining all those people worshipping me as a god, plus the cool pyramid ships.

Aparently the guy who played crghton is going to be taking the role that O'neil left when he became a general, and the person who played Soon is going to become Daniels love interest, possibly replacing Teilk, but that part I dont know about, wow I am such a frellin nerd for knowing all that.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Actually, it's Beau Bridges taking over from Oneil as commander, Ben Browder is joining the team as a new team member, and Claudia Black is reprising her role from the episode where Prometheus was trying to visit Atlantis to check on them, and she stole the ship.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Actually, it's Beau Bridges taking over from Oneil as commander, Ben Browder is joining the team as a new team member, and Claudia Black is reprising her role from the episode where Prometheus was trying to visit Atlantis to check on them, and she stole the ship.

Ben Browder's taking over as the leader of SG-1 if memory serves

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I don't remember hearing he's going to be the team leader, but that he's going to be a team MEMBER, and they're going to show how he had worked with the team in the past sort of "behind the scenes".

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I don't remember hearing he's going to be the team leader, but that he's going to be a team MEMBER, and they're going to show how he had worked with the team in the past sort of "behind the scenes".

yeah one quick example is that he was the X-302 Squadron Leader that saved them in the episode "The Lost City" (part II) f***** brilliant scene that was!!!

top topics

join