It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you supporting this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
HATE god damn right i have hate in my heart..

And for one man..
George Bush.

Im glad i dont live in the country, especially the way its heading.

HE hasnt done anything in my eyes for the benefit of mankind, or Americans for that matter.

This war on terror CRAP is bogus...

Surely some where in your mind you have to be questioning all the arguable points about his invasion, about 911, about his ties to saudi

sure all the memos coming out saying it was fixed, and they enver believed wms were in the country have SOME merrit?

benig we found NOTHING at all, not even a TRACE means something? especially when the government was sooo bloody CERTAIN he was STOCK PILING weapons?....

How exactly could they get this wrong?

The satelite photo's they show are pretty damn clear, so lets see the ones that they made GIANT mistakes with in claiming WMS's were present?

How is it lying when it has been PROVEN that IRAQ had nothing to do with 911?.. yet he still keeps referring it to it in speaches...

if 911 was his top priority he wouldnt give a crap about international parties standing in the way of caputing bin laden would he? i mean he sure as hell didnt let the internationa lcommunity, internal bickering, deomestic RIOTS and the UN Stand in his way for INVADING A country...

why let the most wanted terrorist on the planet run around willy nilly because ' other ' countries are resistingi n his arrest...

He's a stupid man, who should never of been president and he will for ever been known as the worst American president..

its now more people AGAINST his war than FOR....
if this war was JUSTIFIED people would be slowly turning FOR IT.. not AGAINST IT...

Its because the gullable sheep are slowly coming to terms with whast happening..

well obviously, its only SOME sheep realising that this curropt government is fixing this war on terror.

If this war was about democratic change whya re there 3 countries ABOVE IRAQ on the '20 most at risk countries for WAR, POVERTY and non-wellbeing'

IRAQ's number 4 on the list, and thats DURING WAR CONDITIONS, imagine its place prior to the invasion..

Amerca has made IRAQ what it is today , and what it willbe for a long long time,
A bungled mess, which is only going to promote HATE, and VIOLENCE toward western nations.. WHY?

Because all they see of this story, is whitefaced Westeners banging down doors, shooting there friends, slaughtering there families and destroying there wellbeing.

Now grow some balls Faust and realise this war for what it is...
while your at it, explain to me all the LIES I have incorporated in my posts..
Becausei would love to put you in your place

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It's nice to see that you never run out of steam. I always need some nice fiction to read and laugh at.

A bonus history lesson for ya. People were saying the same exact things that you're saying now back in WW2 in Germany and Vietnam. Hmm, lets do a little compasion shall we?

Germany: Although withstanding years of German Werewolf attacks, which were similar to roadside bombs, Germany eventually became a floushing Democracy. Which to this day is member of NATO. Peace has been in Germany ever since.

Vietnam: Although caving into leftist ideals, America pulled it's troops out of Saigon and closed it's embassy in the process. In the last 30 years people who spoke their minds (just like yourself), were tortured and murdered. Amnesty International has documents upon documents of what horrors the Vietnamese people had to endure.

Amnesty International has documents upon documents no different from Saddam Hussein's rule. If you had it your way and had a time machine the innocent people in Iraq would still be getting tortued, raped and murdered.

But then again, that's not your problem. Just as long as somebody doesn't try and ruin all that fun for you. GOD damn the U.S.A. for trying to help the Iraqi people,...how can you sleep at night?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I am another one of those people who support "the troops, but not their orders." As I see it those great men and women have to believe in their leaders to give orders that will protect our country. That is what they have to believe in to carry out those orders. When those leaders give orders that are misaligned with the needs of the country, it is not the fault of those who complete the orders. It is the fault of those leaders in placing themselves before their country, violating their sacred duties as representatives of the republic.

I find a flaw in the logic of those who argue that Iraq needed us to free them from the oppression of Saddam. Whether or not the man committed violent atrocities on his fellow countrymen, is not in question. What is, is the fact that those so injured and harmed by him ( and yes, there were plenty alive to ask), did not ask for any other nation to ride to their rescue.

This violates the argument that this is like Vietnam. Our aid was requested in that situation. We did not take it upon ourselves to tell them what was wrong and then fix it. No they saw the problems and asked us to help fix it.

Imagine, if you will, that China decides that all republicans are evil incarnate in the US and that they think the democrats would do a better job (i.e., more malleable). They come and try to kill any opposing republicans. Gun-toters of America. Would the republicans not rebel? Of course. If a crazy sub sect of the republicans, decided to blow-up a major Chinese facility, the action could be seem as somewhat more understandable. But not if those republicans are perhaps, Canadians who never saw the inside of the US and didn't really like the US to begin with. So why kill all the US republicans, when the leader of the group of crazy Canadian republicans is now sunning himself in Costa Rica. I mean bombing Costa Rica makes some sense, but by the time the Chinese get there the leader has already made it to New Zealand. Really, those crazy Republicans aren't even recognized in the US or have any ties to it. Actually, they are really even republicans like they claim they are just one mental ward that got off the funny farm and has connections in the arms dealing world and whose family is actually extremely close friends with the Emperor of China. Tell me where does the US fit into any of this?

I mean sure the democrats feel justified that they are the ones with power, but they too soon ask themselves, "When will China strip away our power and give it to someone else, or do we even have any power at all?"

And now you have Bangladesh, Australia and New Guinea wondering if they too will be taken over by China. They haven't done anything either, so they must be fair game, right? Wondering what in the world is going through the minds of the Chinese who are killing lots of Americans who have not been any kind of physical threat to them at all. Wondering what in the world they are thinking, period.

You might need to suspend normal thought associations to get what I am trying to achieve here. Hopefully, some people understand where I am going with this. Also, don't get hung up on the republican vs. democrat thing. You could just as easily substituted in Advertising vs. Marketing executives. But anyway, hope it makes someone laugh because some scientist some where says that it will make you live a fraction of a second longer.

And I was worried about a one-line post.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Fuast im still waiting for you to backup your earlier claim that everythimg im typing is lies, please stop avoiding the question..
you want to accuse me of lying, then backup your claims

GERMANY, jesus man look at ir properly..
American went in to free the world from a leader who was FORCEFULLY taking over country after country with no REGARD for life..
Saddam wasnt doing this.
Sure he was a brutal leader but he is nothing in comparison to Germany.
TRY AGAIN!

AS for Vietnam i do not think our troops should be pulled out..
Why? THEY STARTED this eternal CRAP of a MESS... And they have to finish it or IRAQ Will be 10 tiems worse than VIETNAM..
TRY AGAIN!

This war isnt about human rights in IRAQ...
that a load of BS on your account.

IF it was we wouldnt of destroyed the place trying to remove Saddam, and we sure as hell wouldnt of tackled IRAQ first, there are many many more places in need of human rights enforcement.
TRY AGAIN!

I sleep at night knowign im not STILL standing up for the slaughterof IRAQ people.
I sleep at night knowing im not still looking for a way to defend this illegial invasion.

I dotn sleep at night FEARING the retaliation the islamic world will have on the USA and CO for invading this country...

Again its pathetic, you go on here brandashing people as liars, but dont have enough balls to backup your claims, instead you avoid the question completely.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder
Fuast im still waiting for you to backup your earlier claim that everythimg im typing is lies, please stop avoiding the question..

I'm avoiding the question huh? If you care to scroll back through to the beginning, i've been asking YOU where YOU get these ridiculous "facts" from. I've been really curious as to where you get your information. A link perhaps? You're the one saying accusations. The way it works is you back up these claims with proof AND i'm still waiting.

American went in to free the world from a leader who was FORCEFULLY taking over country after country with no REGARD for life..
Saddam wasnt doing this.
TRY AGAIN!

Man, do you need to wake up. What was Kuwait? Were you too stoned to remember? Were you stoned when he tried to invade Iran? How about his uncovered plans to invade Saudi Arabia and Jordan and then finally Israel? Heellooo. 'knock' 'knock' anyone home?

Why? THEY STARTED this eternal CRAP of a MESS... And they have to finish it or IRAQ Will be 10 tiems worse than VIETNAM..
TRY AGAIN!

ok,......well, the ONLY reason American troops pulled out after the Tet Offensive is because of people like yourself complaining about the war in the first place, which is what Iraq will most likely turn into. So, if you think the American troops need to stay to finish the job,...........why are you crying about it???

IF it was we wouldnt of destroyed the place trying to remove Saddam, and we sure as hell wouldnt of tackled IRAQ first, there are many many more places in need of human rights enforcement.
TRY AGAIN!

Oh God, here's this topic again. You libs are so predictable. If i ask, you'll say North Korea. North Korea already has nukes, so it would be a HUGE mess on an atomic level. But ok, Bush goes back in time and invades North Korea instead of Iraq. You and your kind start belly aching and saying "Why would you invade North Korea? They've already have nukes, are you crazy?!? You should've went after Saddam. At least he doesn't have them yet. Kim Jun Il has NEVER attacked any of his neighbors and Saddam has! Blah! Blah! Blah!"

I sleep at night knowign im not STILL standing up for the slaughterof IRAQ people.
I sleep at night knowing im not still looking for a way to defend this illegial invasion.

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Our troops don't "SLAUGHTER" Iraqi people! Who in F@#K do you think you are!?!

I dotn sleep at night FEARING the retaliation the islamic world will have on the USA and CO for invading this country...

What was 9-11? The first blood was dropped on American soil. What kind of dream world do you live in?

Again its pathetic, you go on here brandashing people as liars, but dont have enough balls to backup your claims, instead you avoid the question completely.

ok, well, enjoy fantasy land. Don't get too stoned this weekend.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Kuwait?
THE UN Passed resolutions that allowed the USA and CO To drive out IRAQ from Kuwait, and that UN Resolution CEASED as soon as the IRAQ War was over..
almost 10yrs later, KUWAIT Isnt a reasonable EXCUSE to invade again.
Saddam had been sitting in his palace, NOT Threatening, INVADING or bullying anyone.. and he sure as HELL hadnt made any WMD's.
Iraq invaded Kuwait, and it was defeated FOR it... Sanctions and hardship was endured on the country. Which was more than enough.
As for IRAN that is no different than any other neighboring WAR... especially when THE USA IS HELPING IRAQ! or did you jsut forget that tid bit of information?
As for the plans to invade saudi and jordan, thats no different than the contingency plans the USA has to nivade Japan, or Australia for that matter.
Bush accused Saddam of making and threatening the wrold with WMD's.
As soon as it was brought to light he had NONE , and wasnt even close, this war became illegial. Any sugar you want to put on top doesnt count. THAT Was his prime reason for war, and when it turned out he was lying, and fabricating EVIDENCE it turned to SH*T.

Iraq is a bigger mistake than Vietnam.
Vietnam was a coldwar inclusion that the Yanks thought fighting communism was the correct course.

Iraq is simple one stupid greedy mans war.. and I believe the troops HAVE to stay there now, not by choice but by responsibility.
You cant go in, forcefully remove the Government, police force, destroy the basic nessecities such as water, power and sewage then just leave.
The Americans should NEVER of gone in full stop, now that they have destroyed the place the world is looking upon them to fix it.
The war on terror will multiply 1000 times if they dont finish teh job.
I support the troops for the hardships they endure,
I DONT support the government sending them there for no good reason.

It wasnt a life or death situation, THEY Chose out of thin air to destroy IRAQ.

North Korea? EXACTLY.
They are more a threat to the USA than iraq ever was.

Its sooo stupid.
We are going to invade you on the theory your making WMD's. (IRaq)
We are going to talk with you over the FACT youve CREATED nukes (Nkorea)

does that seem right to you?
The US knew IRaq would be a pushover since the 91 gulfwar.. they knew the advatages of holding it in the middleeast.
Nkorea is too isolated, too fanatical and too damn pointless.. what are we going to do with all that forrest?

So all the bullet ridden bodies in the IRAQI streets are shootting themselves?? or even better, the mother on the floor with half a head and a bullet lodged in her brain, was really a dangerous insurgent?
Or the sons and daughters lying buried in rubble?

911 was a tragic event. And that happened just because the US had a presence in the middeleast.
Imagine what the trrorists want to do now, when the USA has invaded and CONTROLS a section of the middleeast.. especially for no godo reason and when its all based on lies? IDs ay IRAQ was more to INCREASE the war on terror rather than destory it.

Why is this war illegial?look at it in this fashion.
imagine I murdered a young male on the street, just walked up to him and shot him square in the head...
I went to court and pled self defense.. I felt my life was in danger from this man, i felt he was going to beat me to a pulp and kill me.
This would be a fair defense correct? any reasonable person would see the logic
But what if this man i killed was a paraplegic... bound to wheelchair and barely able to control his own bodily functions?
Is it still self defense because I THOUGHT THERE WAS A CHANCE he could do it?
NO!.

Saddam was severly crippled in his means to attack or produce weapons capable of hitting the USA.

You cant kill a country on its previous actions over a DECADE ago.
But you, and you bush supporters feel it is perfectly legal to invade whom ever u want, asl ong as somewhere int he PAST they did something bad.

Faust, hit back at me on the following points if you dont mind....
Why did Powell & rumssfield PRIOR to the invasion on NATIONAL TV admit IRAQ had no WMD's and was contained?

24 Feb 2001 In Cairo, Secretary of State Colin Powell declares: "He has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors."

Why did the whitehouse pressure officials to create a link between sadadm and Alqaeda?

“Well, it came from the White House, it came from people around the White House. It came from all over. I got a call on 9/11. I was on CNN, and I got a call at my home saying, ‘You got to say this is connected. This is state-sponsored terrorism. This has to be connected to Saddam Hussein.’ I said, ‘But--I'm willing to say it, but what's your evidence?’ And I never got any evidence.”
Link 1

Also, WHY HAS bush REFUSED to comment on the downing street memo?
British parliament speaking up saying the US fabricated and fixed evidence around the war is a pretty serious accusation? Id of thought the US would be quick to refute these claims, if they were fake...
link 2

Why is it the Carlyle Group seems to profit more than anyone from the WAR in IRAQ?
Especially when X Presidents are members and all stand to make bucket loads?
link 3

Why is it all the defectors, all the whistleblowers, former body guards and so forth came to the US so openly and disclosed soo much smoking gun type information regarding WMD's.. then every single claim was proved 100% FALSE?

Why is it that a memo instigating IRAQ to be shopping for uranium and aliminium tubes proved to be a fake? fraudlent document by the UN, AEIA?
Yet the US wont disclose WHERE they got it, and only that they simply FELL for it... Why is that faust?

Why is it the USA made claims that Czech authorities had evidence of a meeting between IRAQI's and Alaeda? Then the czech government and intellegence network turned around and said they dotn know WHERE the US got this info, but it is 100% false.

Why is it the USA used RAMZI YouSEF as a reason for IRAQI terrorism, when RAMZI Self confessed he had nothign to do with IRAQ, but was a kuwaitti and dispised IRAQ for the invasion while he was residing in kuwaitt?

link 4

Why is it people say IRAQS neglegence to the IAEA for inspections is just cause for war, but during 2002 and 2003 Sadadm allowed inspections throughout iraq unabaded?
Why is it Saddam asked for DIRECT communication with BUSH to sort out this mess, yet bush refused, didnt even give him a chance to explain his situation?

Everyone cries and moans about the NO Fly Zones, and that because IRAQI went agaisnt these zones that consituted WAR>

WRONG! The no fly zones were NEVER sanction by the UN, they were thought up and put in place by the US and UK.
They pretty much ordered IRAQ not to enter these air zones.. they had no obligation to obey the US because the zones were not implemented by the UN!

And why is it the US is saddams best friend when oil pipelines agreements under the table back in 1980 are on the agender? why is it they are iwlling to provide them weapons, money and AID? Especially for such dangerous suicicdal man who has so much passion for destruction of the usa?

Faust, please try and explain all these points away, you last post was sooo informative with the lil amounts of fact and detailed points you provided... so please continue!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Why do supporters of this war complain about "liberals" whining?

A country should not go to war if it does not have solid backing from the people. We Americans should have learned this from Vietnam. I could tell you from day 1 that the Iraq war would dwindle in popularity as time went by, and if I could have told you that, you bet your ass the CIA, the DoD, and everyone else whose job it is to recommend or discourage the President from making policy decisions could have told him that. Many tried to, but he chose to bypass the normal decision making channels.

It doesn't matter if you are liberal or conservative. Many conservatives are against this war also.

Forget what you think about gay rights, abortion, religion, or immigration. Forget what you think about flag burning and the Patriot act. Forget what you think about Europe, Guantanamo, Jimmy Carter or Richard Nixon.

Just think about the war logically. How do we fight the war against Islamic terror by attacking a secular state?

How do we prevent another 9/11 by spending our "blood and treasure" in a nation which had no significant links to 9/11? Which was militarily shackled by the UK and the US for much of the past decade?

No Iraqis were hijackers on board the flights that went down on 9/11. 15 Saudis were. Yet we cozy up to Saudi Arabia, whose dismal record on human rights is almost as bad as Iraqs. In some cases, it is even worse. Womens' rights, for example. People talk, for example, about the "rape rooms of Saddam," to evoke emotion, but the situation for women in Iraq paled, it still pales, in comparision to Saudi Arabia. Not only is Saudi Arabia a fundamentalist Islamic dictatorship, but they fund the training camps for terrorists in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

Yet despite this, we chose Iraq to invade.

For God's sake, people, wake up. Please, please wake up. As the song goes, Everybody look what's going down: This war has not, nor was it intended to, make us safer. It has not made Iraqis safer either. It has not contributed to stability in the region. It is not a part of the "War on Terror."

We can't pull out now, but the sad truth is there is no winning strategy for Iraq. It was a massive straetgic error to invade. It was not in America's interests. The average soldier risks his life to make the Iraqi's lives better, but put into practice this just cannot mesh with the kind of tactics needed to wage counterguerilla warfare. The troops are not to blame, but sending them there was a huge and tragic mistake. Nothing is likely to change this. I truly wish it weren't so, but no amount of wishful thinking will change the facts.

Regardless of whether you think George Bush deliberately decieved the country, or really had our best interests at heart, he made a mistake. A Republican or a Democrat, a Liberal or a Conservative, could have made the same error, but this time it was W. When the stakes are as high as they are, attributing blame is nowhere near as important as moving on and finding some way to improve the situation.

The administration needs to drop the pretences about spreading democracy, finding WMD's, and fighting terror and tell the truth. This is the only way we can begin to find some kind of solution for what will no doubt be a long and troublesome occupation. We made a mistake going in, but we are there now and we cannot leave Iraq as it is now, worse off than we found it. I don't know what the best way forward is from here. It's a really bad situation. But the lies have to end before any progress can be made, either for the safety of America or the welfare of Iraqis.

-koji K.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
First off i believe that any war in which the homeland is not threatened is doomed to become unpopular. If you feel that your life is threatened than you will be for the war to save your behind. If there is little chance of you becoming injured you will over time become negative towards the war when you see car bombing after car bombing on the news.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Its getting to a point now where car bombings and suicide attacks are going un reported because they are such a common occurance, and the BUSH admin realises if the figures on attackso n US forces and so forth are disclosed then it will increase the publics negative opinion.

You only have to look at the US army officials speach from baghdad last nite when he refused to give figures on the number of bombs last month compared to the previous months.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This just gets worse and worse.
Look at bush's speach in Denmark and tell me this war isnt about OIL.
He's already pulling a Saddam bin Laden trick by referring to the oil int he middle east as a National SECURITY PROBLEM

"COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -- U.S. President George W. Bush said in a Danish TV interview aired Thursday that adhering to the Kyoto treaty on climate change would have "wrecked" the U.S. economy, and he called U.S. dependence on Gulf oil a "national security problem.""

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Support the troops and Iraq won't become Vietnam, it will only become Veitnam if you keep protesting it. Your only helping the terrorists by doing so, your playing right into thier hands!!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Boatphone? what are you on about..
Just because I dont support the WAR doesnt mean i dont support the troops.
I support the troops.
I support them in the fact they are being TOLD what to do..
Thats why there are more and mroe o them coming out of the woodwork complaining about the war.
If the war was just, and they had a purely defined goal no one would be griping about it.

Playing into the terrorists hands?
You dont think Georgee boy walking in, destroying thep lace, and turning it into a haven for violence, and fanatacil muslims isnt playing into there hands?

Just because I support the troops, and not the war doesnt mean im helping the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

What good will come out of this war in Iraq?
What is the ultimate Aim?

The ultimate aim is a prosperous, democratic Middle East that is no longer the breeding ground of terrorists that threaten world security.

Not too difficult to figure that one out!

Not difficult yes, but pretty ridicoulous and a total UTOPIA, if you would know anything about that region's history you'dd see that what you say is impossible as long as the Palestinian-Isreal problem isn't solved ! But go ahead keep telling yourself that your current president will create a "stable democratic middle east".... i don't believe in Fairy tales sorry.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by XyZeR]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

HATE god damn right i have hate in my heart..

And for one man..
George Bush.

Hate? Really? Hate for one man? You sure give great credit towards someone you deem ‘undeserving’. Sort of puts him on a totem pole, doesn’t it? Do you stay awake at night, thinking of only him? Ah, such great wonders go down in history. Your children’s children will read about him in books.

Im glad i dont live in the country, especially the way its heading.

Are you happy with the self-defense laws in your country? Are you happy that you have no way to defend yourself against any intruder? How about defending your little girl from the pedophile down the street? Hmmmm, can’t ‘shoot’ him; perhaps a spatula will do him in!!!

I really wanted to reply to the rest of your post, but I lost interest. sorry

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The homeland needed to be defended against the imminent Iraqi threat, how could you not support it?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
Are you happy with the self-defense laws in your country? Are you happy that you have no way to defend yourself against any intruder? How about defending your little girl from the pedophile down the street? Hmmmm, can’t ‘shoot’ him; perhaps a spatula will do him in!!!

Please, sourgrapes, tell us all about Australia's self-defence laws. Really, I'm very interested in what you think you know.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Saddam wasnt doing this.
TRY AGAIN!

TRY AGAIN!

This war isnt about human rights in IRAQ...
that a load of BS on your account.

TRY AGAIN!

Excuse me, but why not try this? BACKUP YOUR STATEMENT WITH FACTS! It isn't our job to prove you're lying...IT'S YOUR JOB TO PROVE YOU'RE TELLING THE TRUTH!!

As for comparing this war to WWII, do you really think we went to war with Germany because Hitler was a murdering SOB? Hell, we went to war with Hitler because he was conducting the SAME HEAVY WATER EXPERIMENTS AS WE WERE AND IF HE GOT A BOMB, HE'D USE IT. of course, as I recall....we didn't produce a single quart of Heavy Water to prove this. DAMN THAT ROOSEVELT!!

Don't believe me? Just keyword: Einstein's letters to Roosevelt.

Just about any of the links that come up will have copies of Einsteins letters, where he describes Germany's commitment to developing an Atomic Bomb.

As for comparing this war to Vietnam...well, I gotta tell ya something. This is just an opinion of course, but the worst thing to come out of Vietnam WASN'T the War Dead...it wasn't the Twelve years lost or the Hundreds of Billions of Dollars wasted...it was the fact that we could cut and run...let three countries fall into ruin, and THEN continue our existance with a "business as usual" attitude.

That we could actually LOSE a war and still be the United States was the WORST epiphany we could ever have had, Afterall, it wasn't US who had to live under Polpot, or Ho Chi Mein, or the Khmer Rouge.

Hey, we did it once, why not again?

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I see the Iraq war as nothing more than an attempt at fixing an area of the world that has being giving problmes for decades. The reason, I see it, that USA got involved now is because of 9-11 and that attack being carried out by Middle Eastern Terrorists.

The War is also a bonus for the colition forces because they will be able to recouperate most of if not all of the war cost through oil industry contracts. So a war that costs little money and only human life cant be that wrong seeing as human loss is taken into account for any war.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Please, sourgrapes, tell us all about Australia's self-defence laws. Really, I'm very interested in what you think you know.

I'm referring to the right to carry a gun, in the above post.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I got news for all of you that do not support the war and even those that do. Stop consuming so many resources. Get rid of your TV’s, your computers your high wattage stereo system, ride a bike to work. Americans demand more and more all the time. Even so called poor people in this country have 2 or 3 TVs, a couple of phones etc…. We are all responsible for the war in Iraq. The war in Iraq is all about energy.

The US consumes more than any other nation on this planet therefore we have to obtain these resources in order to consume them. If the demand dries up or diminishes then foreign policy can be changed.

To put things into better perspective the US manufacturing sector is still larger than all of Chinas economy. We have a 12 trillion dollar economy. That is a lot of consumption. If you consume someone will find a way to get it to you so that they can make a profit. It is like the drug problem, if people quit using coke then people would not smuggle it into the US. If we quit consuming so much then we will not need so much energy (oil in the middle east in particular) and will therefore not have to become involved in energy wars.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join