It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you supporting this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I wanna know, why people out there are still supporting this war on terror?
Not supporting in terms of trying to FINISH it,
but in terms of still standing up for WHY this war happened.

After all the deaths, the lies, and deceit and coverups
Why.. HOW can you still believe that this war was needed, and the decent thing to do ?

What has this war COST us?

1700 US Soilders?
(How many THOUSNADS of people aer affected now becuase theyre Son, Daughter, Mother or Father have been killed by some lone iraqi brandashing a AK defendign his homeland?)

The UN?
I admit this Oil curroption ISNT good... but when you look at the past 60yrs of UN history, and all the good and peace it has brung the world..... is this really somethign we can do WITHOUT? The way I look at it, if the UN went along with the war, currotion would never seen the light of day. Being the UN is standing AGAINST the US's pressure on the middleast, the US Wants the UN discredited and out of the way.

$179,654,730,402?
thats the running cost of the war. This money could of gone to:

Public School teachers = 3,113,468
Aids CURE FUNDING for 17yrs
Funding for GLOBAL world hunger for 7yrs
Immunization for EVERY child in the world for 59yrs

But instead, this money has been spent on the Destruction of Iraq, the MURDER of IRAQI's, and the deaths of 1700 American Soilders.

And for what?

We're at a point now, where our government, and the Iraqi Government cant even agree on how much of this fight is left.. 12yrs of 2 yrs?

"Iraq today has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agent"
"Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have"
"We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad "

Bush, Powell and Rummy....

all three turned out to be LYING... LYING through their teeth.

Sure the UN is going to face some tought curroption questions..
But the US government should all be detained, interrogated and EXECUTED for the LIES and the MURDERS of the IRAQI people.

I obviously dont suppport this war,

So Why do you, still support it?
Why do you STILL believe going in was the RIGH THING TO DO?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I definettly DON'T support the war, but hey, I'm not American. I would kill that moron if I had a chance.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I do not support this so-called "war against terror"... I don't belive in genuinity of the motives or in success. This whole project is doomed. It will probably result in more terror... But these are just speculations.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I definettly DON'T support the war, but hey, I'm not American. I would kill that moron if I had a chance.

If you were an American, that statement would get you a visit from the Secret Service.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i think the president has the nations best interests at heart. i think hes made some mistakes but nothing on purpose and i believe he is a good leader. and hey, hes from texas....cant beat that!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yup, liberals love spending our tax dollars on other nations problems, but they hate spending money on protecting America! That is why people voted for George W. Bush!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwazzy

Read up and learn a bit.
This may or may not apply to you, but I would certainly urge a cautious read:

"...Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

More:

Threat or Criticism
Where is the line drawn? When does a critical remark become a threat? On one extreme is the off-hand comment, the letter to a friend, the email to a co-worker, or message posted in a newsgroup. On the other, the twisted psychotic plot. Clearly, the circumstances of delivery make a great deal of difference. A "letter to the editor", or speech intelligently attacking the President's every action and policy is our right and should never be construed as a physical threat. Screaming obscenities in the President's face, sending threatening mail to the White House, or publicly stating a desire to see the President harmed are not only acts of shameful disrespect, they should always be considered threats under the law.

May this apply to you?

Wow. Menacing, huh?
Remember, interpretation is in play here, but in the case of the "evil" US and the current "Bush regime," interpretation caused Saddam to be removed from governing Iraq by US and Coalition forces. Think what they might "interpret" from what you have openly stated. Btw, you don't have any WMDs in your refrig do you?

Be cautious in what you say. I know its hard and all doing that typing from the protection of your computer screen, but again, a little caution on your part may save you alot of paranoia episodes. :shk:

seekerof

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Seekerof]

joi

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I support the troops, but I dont support the war at all.
I frankly can't believe that people still think its the right thing for us to do!
Someone at my work told me we had to be in Iraq so they could find the WMDs.
eek! I nearly peed!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gipper21
i think the president has the nations best interests at heart. i think hes made some mistakes but nothing on purpose and i believe he is a good leader. and hey, hes from texas....cant beat that!

He'll go to the rodeo! Ride em' cowboy!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Hey, I love Texas as much as the next folk, especially since I lived there for many years.

But Bush is seriously misguided, and his actions in our 'best interests' have inevitably had the opposite effect. AND he doesn't listen to anyone but himself. Grrr....

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by Qwazzy

Read up and learn a bit.
This may or may not apply to you, but I would certainly urge a cautious read:

"...Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

More:

Threat or Criticism
Where is the line drawn? When does a critical remark become a threat? On one extreme is the off-hand comment, the letter to a friend, the email to a co-worker, or message posted in a newsgroup. On the other, the twisted psychotic plot. Clearly, the circumstances of delivery make a great deal of difference. A "letter to the editor", or speech intelligently attacking the President's every action and policy is our right and should never be construed as a physical threat. Screaming obscenities in the President's face, sending threatening mail to the White House, or publicly stating a desire to see the President harmed are not only acts of shameful disrespect, they should always be considered threats under the law.

May this apply to you?

Wow. Menacing, huh?
Remember, interpretation is in play here, but in the case of the "evil" US and the current "Bush regime," interpretation caused Saddam to be removed from governing Iraq by US and Coalition forces. Think what they might "interpret" from what you have openly stated. Btw, you don't have any WMDs in your refrig do you?

Be cautious in what you say. I know its hard and all doing that typing from the protection of your computer screen, but again, a little caution on your part may save you alot of paranoia episodes. :shk:

seekerof

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Seekerof]

Who wrote that?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Link is provided.
The source also has links to government sites of interest to you.
Pay attention.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Yup, liberals love spending our tax dollars on other nations problems, but they hate spending money on protecting America! That is why people voted for George W. Bush!!!

Is America covered in a giant prophylactic now or something??

If it's 'Terror' your being protected from, then you obviously haven't read the latest reports saying Terrorism is worse than before Bush started his war.

You must not realise that 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, he was responsable for FBI stand down orders, his government was in charge of procedures that have been working and in place for the last 20 years, he's started wars based on flat out lies as the Downing street memos show.

What is it again he's protecting America from?

Patriot Acts, changes and admendments in the constitution to remove rights from people and put more power into corporations

Sliding America into an economical depression so corporations who aren't turning over enough fueling the people will turn their production towards fueling the war machine?

If you don't like fixing problems with the world because your not a citizen of humanity but rather just a social security number in America, then atleast realise the money being wasted on war could of gone back into America's economy and made your future a lot brighter than it will be.

You have no choice but to oppose what's happening and try to move logic into a progressive compassionate and humanitarian direction, or accept what's happening and have no voice when it's your door they come knocking on - it will happen and the longer you roll with it, the harder it will be to climb out of.

I guess some of you deserve it thou, if that's what it takes to wake up and realise how small the world is, so be it. Atleast the world can feel solace in knowing that we did try to warn you.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Nothing. Our borders to the south are still wide open for terrorists to prance across.

(I don't think you should be saying we deserve a terrorist attack, though. No innocent person deserves to be killed for political reasons.)

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just support God and try to set example........(and have restrain is one of'em)

I try not to judge......that's his/her job for sure (not mine).

Thus do i support the war? hmmmm.....I just try to feel my heart and what it say'z to me....and it say's to me the troops should come home and we should all just try to get alone a bit better....because no matter what your belief is...for the war and/or your religion......we all get some kind'a judgment one day....and just wish we would all remember that a bit more.

Your Canadain Friend Sven

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
joi says:

I support the troops, but I dont support the war at all.

How can you support the troops without supporting their mission, which (near as I can see, anyway) is to fight that war?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Is America covered in a giant prophylactic now or something??

No.

If it's 'Terror' your being protected from, then you obviously haven't read the latest reports saying Terrorism is worse than before Bush started his war.

Not true. There have been zero terror attacks on American soil since 9/11, that is because we have taken the fight to the enemy.

You must not realise that 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, he was responsable for FBI stand down orders, his government was in charge of procedures that have been working and in place for the last 20 years, he's started wars based on flat out lies as the Downing street memos show.

Yes, 9/11 happened right after Bush took office. It was President Clinton who failed to do enough to prevent the attacks, he was busy with some young girl...what was her name??

Is this a real question? How about TERRORISTS who want to destroy the United States of America and have killing thousands of Americans.

Patriot Acts, changes and admendments in the constitution to remove rights from people and put more power into corporations

That is incorrect. I am an American and I have had no rights taken away. I challenge you to find an American who has! The Patriot Act hel;p fight terrorists.

Sliding America into an economical depression so corporations who aren't turning over enough fueling the people will turn their production towards fueling the war machine?

Your statement is unclear? What depression?

If you don't like fixing problems with the world because your not a citizen of humanity but rather just a social security number in America, then atleast realise the money being wasted on war could of gone back into America's economy and made your future a lot brighter than it will be.

I thought you said that America went to war to make money for America, now which is it?? Also, I love the worlds people and thats why I support the war on terror and the removal of Saddam!

you have no choice but to oppose what's happening and try to move logic into a progressive compassionate and humanitarian direction, or accept what's happening and have no voice when it's your door they come knocking on - it will happen and the longer you roll with it, the harder it will be to climb out of.

What are you talking about? You are making no sense.

I guess some of you deserve it thou, if that's what it takes to wake up and realise how small the world is, so be it. Atleast the world can feel solace in knowing that we did try to warn you.

Thanks I guess...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Pay attention.

Yeah what he said. You do know that millions of sites are indexed several times a day by Google and other search engines right?

BTW... ever hear of echelon?

On the topic of the thread.

I don't support the war or it's goals.

[edit on 6/27/2005 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh

Nothing. Our borders to the south are still wide open for terrorists to prance across.

(I don't think you should be saying we deserve a terrorist attack, though. No innocent person deserves to be killed for political reasons.)

Very true, but American people are not innocent(In the eyes of those that have been hurt by American force). Are they? They are the ones that put the president in there, they are the ones that elected him to a second term(MYABE) aren't they? In the end, do you think it will matter to the guy who sees nothing but blood now? To all the terrorists this war has created, do you think any individual American's political affiliation will matter? Or is it more likely that they will just strike? Which is why I think so many are against it.

SEEKEROF: I think maybe you are over estimating the US laws. How can a Canadian, sitting in a Canadian home, on Canadian land - be under the law of America? Are you effected by Canadian law? So why would any forigner be effected by American?

------
I think many are for the war, because they can't come to grips that their president lied, cheated and possibly stole the white house. It is too hard too think that after generations of being "the good guys" that in 6 years one man has managed to ruin what took decades to build. Just typing it seems unthinkable, but here we are.

As a right of centre person I have always subscribed to the theory that our real threat is not from some invading army marching over the hills. But rather the slow stripping of our rights from our politicians. Seems the worry was justified, for the Americans in piticular, but a lesson for all of us that still live in a democracy.

I used to work with this older German girl who had lived through the second world war. A great old gal with honour out the cabose. Anyway, as her and I worked quite a bit together eventually I approached the subject of the war and what it was like on the German side. She had told me that they never were really told much(She was just an little girl and I think the family were merchents or something, nothing to do with the military) and that they never even know about the concentration camps. At the time I thought she was giving me a BS line because she didn't want to admitt that her country, which she still loves very much, would be capable of such horrors. Now I see how it is possible to keep so many in the dark. Very scary, because if they lie about these big things, you know bloody well they are lying about the smaller stuff too.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Why is everyone so sure "that moron" is a reference to W (is for ?)? No one is specifically named.

The 'war on terror' is the MIC's latest, greatest ploy to pump up defense spending and curtail civil liberties, making the world safe for them as they seek to control the flow of oil and opiates. Not to mention the flow of money into their Swiss/Offshore accounts.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Icarus Rising]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join