It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Power Outage..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A terrorist hacker attack maybe? I think that some of them might just now how to do things like these..

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
kukla has posted a link on the other tread its worth taking a look at ..... very scary!

The thread is called East Coast Blackouts and SCADA very good post and link. It really is worth a look.

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by RogueTrooper]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   

A terrorist hacker attack maybe? I think that some of them might just now how to do things like these

it could be, lets wait and see if it goes by night time

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
California looks fine.

www.caiso.com...

We better be fine over here. We had our black out's years ago and were supposed to fix all that stuff. It took em a while too, and I'm sure a fat bit a cash too so we have better got our money's worth.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Virus, Smart one too, Systems seem to be coming back, West is giving power to the east,

I think NY should be more worried than they are right now.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
One word about the reaction to this - Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Originally posted by kukla
California looks fine.

www.caiso.com...

We better be fine over here. We had our black out's years ago and were supposed to fix all that stuff. It took em a while too, and I'm sure a fat bit a cash too so we have better got our money's worth.

It's still SCADA-enabled, just as vulnerable.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I do think the national guard will be sent out in the next hour or so. Its about to get dark *i think* and NYC doesn't look safe to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uninen
Btw.. first second i heard about this i got scared.. cause first thing in my head was.. OMFG IF IT IS A NUCLEAR POWERPLANT THAT HAS GONE "KABOOM" ... and horrible effects on US people..
But lets hope that it is just some FUSES that have gone KABOOM!

uninen...what do you mean by this? Why do you have the happy face at the end of that statement? Why do you choose a terrorist avatar?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Uninen
Btw.. first second i heard about this i got scared.. cause first thing in my head was.. OMFG IF IT IS A NUCLEAR POWERPLANT THAT HAS GONE "KABOOM" ... and horrible effects on US people..
But lets hope that it is just some FUSES that have gone KABOOM!

uninen...what do you mean by this? Why do you have the happy face at the end of that statement? Why do you choose a terrorist avatar?

DUDE IN MY AVATAR IS FROM NORTHEN ALLIANCE.. to my understanding they arent "terrs?" And the
was in error.. my intention was to put a
there.. but im so tired by now 01:45 here that i make these mistakes..

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   

maybe uninen is behind the black out, that would explain why he hasn't posted alot

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   

but im so tired by now 01:45 here that i make these mistakes

its coming up midnight in england, god i post to much. The New York people look more happy now, some are waving to the cams on FOX news

pentagon just said bases are not effected. Nice to see the pentagon are not in the dark....

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

maybe uninen is behind the black out, that would explain why he hasn't posted alot

NO COMMENT!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well I'm on ATS and watching the blackout coverage and comparing, alot of you are reacting worse than the people with no power.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Okay...we're cool. It freaked me out.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For those wanting to watch, all networks are going into continuing coverage.

NBC, ABC, CBS, BBC, CNN are all doing live feeds from their site.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

NO COMMENT!

LOL
im only playing mate

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hm.yeah, of course this is obviously...wierd. And whispers, god, i wish whoever did didnt blow the whistle on the dude/chick/whatever Whispers was.

I wonder what the # is going on though? Uni, you have nuke plants there. What anti explsion measures do you have? I know the power grid here in the US isnt too swift, yet there are supposed to be measures in place.

Just like 9/11 had measures that should have been in place.

Damn you, Whispers, you said whats going on in cali? The prez is there right now. Odd, he seems to be far from the action when its happening. (9/11, Sarasota florida, blackout, Miramar).

Whats next?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I thought Bush was making a speech on this?? that what FOX said half an hour ago. And where are the power workers? not one interview from the power station.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I would have thought that all the safty procedures would have been completely overhauld after 9/11. Fox reports that FEMA have not been asked to help "but are ready to act"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join