It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Power Outage..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Quite a bit of speculation going on. The power is slowly coming back, and the cell phone towers are down because of overload. I guess every event nowadays will be speculated as terrorism, but alot of over-reacting here.

Thank god, i am being paranoid

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
NATIONAL GUARD IS NOT NEEDED - NY Major. At least thats good news, but if roiting starts, you will need them.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sunset in NY is set for 7:56 EST.

Yes this is weird..everything is down...I heard of some blackouts in Colorado..but I doubt that has anything to do with this. Who knows..guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the coming hours.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes this is weird..everything is down...I heard of some blackouts in Colorado..but I doubt that has anything to do with this. Who knows..guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the coming hours.

I feel there could be a twist to this. I can feel that something else will happen.

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
hm..............

In cali, when we had the statewide power outages in 96 that lasted for 8 hours, it was unpleasant. But nothing major broke out.

Could be the same, thoughm who knows. hard to say. Bloomberg is yappin his mouth right now feeding the same everything is ok # thinkin its gonna calm everyone down. just hope they get that power on before nightfall.

National guard out? confirm please,

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A power failure of that size should normally imply that a lotof power plants failed simultaneously or not ?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   

National guard out? confirm please

Unknown, but reports say they are on standby

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't think the national guard is out, some places are seeing power. But i believe we could see that national guard in NYC

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Can anybody confirm outages in Colorado?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
can someone confirm this, i heard more cities have gone out. can anyone confirm??

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
this is really making me think about the whispersinthedark threads.

'august will be hell for many'

'watch the movements of your leaders'

someone had to say it.

also mentioned an unconstitutional transfer of power in the u.s.

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by The General]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
A power failure of that size should normally imply that a lotof power plants failed simultaneously or not ?

Yes.. but in this case.. bad system planning causes total black out just because there is one little fault in one of the "supply yards".. maybe.. i still dont know what caused this.. in 15mins there is another set of special news about this situation..

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
norteast ohio - reported blackouts. They have gone now. Pengaton might send out national guard if "black out continues"

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hmm, no worries man.

Its unbelievable that the the gov't is thinking more about national guard than fixing the problem,

President - having lunch, he looks chilled,

It was Terrorism, there are checks and balances to the power plants in all areas so not every city is affected, I know about power plants becuase a family member works at one.

Best possibility, One or more Hackers, possibly combined with other people.

[Edited on 8/14/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The General
this is really making me think about the whispersinthedark threads.

'august will be hell for many'

'watch the movements of your leaders'

someone had to say it.

Yeah, i was thinking it but didnt have the nads to voice it, he did say that some thing could happen in NewYork and other cities, did he mention london?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
California looks fine.

www.caiso.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
more places are starting to report black outs. Do u think this is terrorism or just hackers being bored?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If this is a Hack attack then it was very well planned, is this thing spreading?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Definetely a Virus, California will not fall because most likely Power Plants here have possibly cut of from all other places. Hopefully.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Its spreading, this might not be hackers to think of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join