Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

US Power Outage..

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
you think New York will go into marshall law?? i think if the people start going crazy and smash things up.


Depends if they get the power back on, but i doubt its as easy as turning on a light switch. Whoever is in charge of the NG needs to get his arse into gear. They keep saying its an auto shut down due to a disuption in the supply, are there no safty protocols built into the system to prevent this kind of thing?




posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Btw.. first second i heard about this i got scared.. cause first thing in my head was.. OMFG IF IT IS A NUCLEAR POWERPLANT THAT HAS GONE "KABOOM" cause it would have effect on whole planet.. even here where i am.. and horrible effects on US people..
But lets hope that it is just some FUSES that have gone KABOOM!



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Theres something about this which doesn't fit. It could be me. It seems to me that you will end up in marshal law if the power doesn't come back



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Many of us predicted that August would see more unusual activity. Where are our leaders? They're vacationing in Texas.

"The last time we saw this kind of crowding and running down....was september 11th" NBC News Special Report.

This is an intentional event that is intended to retraumatize the american public. This situation will continue to get out of hand. I also expect a domestic terrorist attack to occur within the month, the signs are here.

Without power, you can't pay for food with credit card. Without power, you can't extract money from your ATM.



LEADERS: Mr.Bush at least was today earlier in MIRAMAR AFB CA.. commenting on the capture of this one terr "mastermind"..



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
traffic lights down, flighs delayed, thousands of people on the streets, this spells choas to me. BTW Bush to make a speech soon, FOX just said. Thank god sky have FOX News



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
First, you have to identify the fact that we are *all* a little bit paranoid here on ats.
Second, most of us here have the ability for abstract thought. when we are fed something, we don't automaitcally eat it; that's a good thing.



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I wouldn't call this an event of insignificant importance. Let us at least keep it in perspective. It is August. New Yorkers are about like Parisians when it comes to heat. They have the option of staying in a dark, to extremely low-lit building with no air conditioning or air supply, or doing just what they are doing. Let's not minimize this. There will be people die from this.


It's 90 degrees out there now. Paris was 100 last week, with virtually no airco's.No people need to die from this event, that's all I'm saying. I experience here at least 6 times a year a power outage, usually in the quarter hour range, but also up to 3 hours once every year. And you know what? Nothing happens!! Americans lack backbone sometimes. If you feel that all the world is after you, then maybe it would be a safe idea if they adopted Monroe doctrine again.



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Theres something about this which doesn't fit. It could be me. It seems to me that you will end up in marshal law if the power doesn't come back


Infinite...New York is not ALL of the US. We're praying for them...and hoping this will be over quickly. But the US is still up and running.



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Theres something not right about this, how can a power drop take out the power supply to 30 million homes, dosnt add up. What time is sundown on the east coast?
Even the bloody cell phn network is down.



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate

Originally posted by Valhall
I wouldn't call this an event of insignificant importance. Let us at least keep it in perspective. It is August. New Yorkers are about like Parisians when it comes to heat. They have the option of staying in a dark, to extremely low-lit building with no air conditioning or air supply, or doing just what they are doing. Let's not minimize this. There will be people die from this.


It's 90 degrees out there now. Paris was 100 last week, with virtually no airco's.No people need to die from this event, that's all I'm saying. I experience here at least 6 times a year a power outage, usually in the quarter hour range, but also up to 3 hours once every year. And you know what? Nothing happens!! Americans lack backbone sometimes. If you feel that all the world is after you, then maybe it would be a safe idea if they adopted Monroe doctrine again.


I'm all for it (Monroe doctrine)...boy, all you folks with your hands out are sure gonna be in a world of hurt, aren't you?



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
New York is offically stopped. Nothing is running. Mayor speech is about to come any min.



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
just thought of something. If the power is good, so is your security at airports and that. If this isn't a terrorist attack, someone could exploit this and attack. Lets pray is just me being paranoid



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Pataki has mobilized the national guard.



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What are you guys reading into this? AM i being paranoid or is something sitting not quite right?



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
NY Mayor "power is coming back"



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Pataki has mobilized the national guard.



About bloody time 2!



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
why do i think the mayor is lying about something?? it doesn't look like the power is coming back to me



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Quite a bit of speculation going on. The power is slowly coming back, and the cell phone towers are down because of overload. I guess every event nowadays will be speculated as terrorism, but alot of over-reacting here.



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
No fires. No body hurt. Power coming back. Now as long as people don't loot and just go home and crack open a nice cold one things should be all good.



posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogueTrooper
What are you guys reading into this? AM i being paranoid or is something sitting not quite right?


I am just waiting for the facts..
I am 10000 miles away.. doesnt affect me.. But i must say of in US one single fault on the power grid blacks out half of the east coast and some of Canada too.. the system isnt good.. here in Finland we have 5 nuclear power plants and they can all be blown to bits and we still would have electricity..






top topics



 
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join