It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Power Outage..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
People might go crazy soon, the troops might be sent in

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Looting is always like the first thing to hit people as an idea. Really shows the compassion of the common man in a crisis. Savages!!!

I'm with you though PrankMonkey, this is when livin' in a small town is a plus. Big cities are a pain in bootie when they aren't in anachy. I would hate to be in one with something like this happening!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
yeah, would be a good idea to keep your head down if you live in the affected areas, homeland security have just released a statement saying that it is not a Terror attack.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They said that its NOT terrorism. But it looks like a terrorist attack.

link   
If this is not settled by night fall I belive there will be riots,and looting. This does'nt look too good, William happens to live in NYC wonder what he's doing now.

link   
Rogue, remember that we were told the first plane that struck the WTC was thouht to be an accident. Keep your eyes open.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
NYPD isnt going to be able to cope when it gets dark, if the power isnt back up. I think they need the National Guard. Same goes for all the other big cities affected.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
man, this looks like something out of a film. national guard might be called out if black out goes on after 3 hours

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
It's funny, the effect is at least much the same as a terrorist attack. If it isn't a terrorist attack it clearly shows the level of mass hysteria still around, massive walkouts etc. etc... I mean, if all it takes is some orchestrated event of insignificant importance to create mass hysteria, then it becomes pretty easy for the terrorists to keep spooking the US. The effect that we see today is EXACTLY what a terrorist likes best. To create HAVOC!!

I wouldn't call this an event of insignificant importance. Let us at least keep it in perspective. It is August. New Yorkers are about like Parisians when it comes to heat. They have the option of staying in a dark, to extremely low-lit building with no air conditioning or air supply, or doing just what they are doing. Let's not minimize this. There will be people die from this.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Rogue, remember that we were told the first plane that struck the WTC was thouht to be an accident. Keep your eyes open.

Yeah, i get the same bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, the same one i had on 9/11.
Anyone geting anything else besides whats on the news?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
With any luck, the national guard will be called in to thwart the inevitable appearance of looting maggots.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Cleveland isn't not as bad as New York. The people in New York are in choas.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This turns out to be work of terrs.. even if noboby gets killed.. this would still be a major coup for then.. creating mass hysteria and panic.. leaving 30+ million people without electricity.. a true show of force..

And this thing.. this looting that happens every time all over the world when these things happen.. makes me sick! ..people turning to animals..
And riots also..

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Many of us predicted that August would see more unusual activity. Where are our leaders? They're vacationing in Texas.

"The last time we saw this kind of crowding and running down....was september 11th" NBC News Special Report.

This is an intentional event that is intended to retraumatize the american public. This situation will continue to get out of hand. I also expect a domestic terrorist attack to occur within the month, the signs are here.

Without power, you can't pay for food with credit card. Without power, you can't extract money from your ATM.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
With any luck, the national guard will be called in to thwart the inevitable appearance of looting maggots.

Anyone live near a National Guard barracks? if so is there any movement there?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
you think New York will go into marshall law?? i think if the people start going crazy and smash things up.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
It's funny, the effect is at least much the same as a terrorist attack. If it isn't a terrorist attack it clearly shows the level of mass hysteria still around, massive walkouts etc. etc... I mean, if all it takes is some orchestrated event of insignificant importance to create mass hysteria, then it becomes pretty easy for the terrorists to keep spooking the US. The effect that we see today is EXACTLY what a terrorist likes best. To create HAVOC!!

this comes from societal conditioning that makes people do this. they are taught to over react. i think its done on purpose too......and i see the reasons before me....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Even during the 1965 blackout, they were concerned about terrorism.

NERC formed in the wake of the catastrophic November 9, 1965 blackout that knocked-out power to 30 million people in the Northeastern United States and Ontario, Canada for as long as thirteen hours. Runway landing lights went dark, people were trapped in elevators, traffic snarled at busy intersections that were suddenly left without signals. Decades before buzzwords like "critical infrastructure" and "cyberterrorism" would enter the vernacular, President Lyndon Johnson viewed the blackout as a national security matter and set the FBI and the Pentagon to investigate. Utility engineers eventually traced the genesis of the cascading outage to the failure of a single relay in a transmission line.

Today, the "Great Northeast Blackout" influences the most popular cyberterror fears. The inevitable hacker-induced blackout goes with the hacker-induced 911 outage as a central doctrine for executive, congressional and industry believers who say that cyberterrorism is a serious and immediate threat to the Western World. National Security Council Terrorism Coordinator Richard Clarke put it this way to the New York Times: "You black out a city, people die. Black out lots of cities, lots of people die. It's as bad as being attacked by bombs."

www.landfield.com...

link   
If New York City goes into marshal law, then things will get extremely twisted. It will spawn nation-wide hysteria. Anyone paying attention to how the dominoes are beginning to fall yet?

link   
I think Daddy Bush is over here in San Diego actually not in Texas.

The sad thing is you know down there in that crowd of crazies there is some poor old lady that's just seconds from getting mowed down by everyone trying to get home.

This is one hell of a power out though. Isn't that a bit large for a power grid drop??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join