It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Power Outage..

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
very interesting, but what does it mean?? its too early in the morning for this *sighs*

Lol thats what happens when you post into the wee small hours

I dont know what it means, i just know something happen that was very strange and that we are not being given the full info, and prob never will be.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Not one person has even followed the official line of an overload.
Yet this is by far the most logical explanation.

The US and Canada are experiencing the hottest weather of the year so far. Electrical usage is higher at this time than at any other. Everyone has their air conditioning turned on which puts a massive strain on the grid. The system just wasn't built to take this sort of punishment if one mishap occurs.

It's weird. You're all whining that somebody has attacked you in some way when this whole fiasco is probably down to you overdosing on your own comfort.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The power stations are built to take alot of power. They must think we are stupid to believe lightening hit it and if its just done to human error, why not tell us??
I still believe my theory about the "perfect terrorist simulation".

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   

The power stations are built to take alot of power. They must think we are stupid to believe lightening hit it and if its just done to human error, why not tell us??
I still believe my theory about the "perfect terrorist simulation".

Im sure that the US grid system can cope with extra air conditioner load lol, as fro the power surge theory ok, but what happened to the safety procedures?
And your theory about the terrorist simulation infinite is as valid as any ive heard so far.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
There's just something that just doesn't fit. A major power grid shuts down because of A)lightening or B) power surge. I haven't seen evidence about that lightening and as for the power surge, i find it hard to believe something like that would happen to a major grid. They would things in back up and it wouldn't have lasted this wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogueTrooper

Im sure that the US grid system can cope with extra air conditioner load lol, as fro the power surge theory ok, but what happened to the safety procedures?

So you've lived in the Western world all of your life and you've never experienced a power cut?
Get real.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I had loads of power cuts, but nothing on this scale. They said it was lightening now and now FOX news said they don't know what caused it.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I saw some footage of it on T.V looks messed up,but i doubt that it was a possible terrorist attack.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by drunk]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

So you've lived in the Western world all of your life and you've never experienced a power cut?
Get real.

A power cut that took out 30-50 million homes and has lasted longer than 12 hours with no sight of normal resumption of service, with wildly conflicting reasons for said power cut. A power cut that is the largest in US history?
No, have you?

Edited for typo.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by RogueTrooper]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If it was terrorist, they would have done a hell of alot of damage. Things are slowly getting back to normal in New York

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   

If it was terrorist, they would have done a hell of alot of damage. Things are slowly getting back to normal in New York

Exactly whoever said it was a possible terrorist attack should be a comedian.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There hasn't be one interview with a worker from the power station or any footage from the power stations. When something like this happens you want to be able to speak to a expert of something sort, not a news reader who is making up crap!

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Just watching FOX News and they had a interview with this guy (soz can't remember his name) and he said Al Qauda could have taken out the planet to see what will happen. He also said they could start alot of attacks. I think that guy is an idiot because the last thing US needs is someone scaring people into believe that there is going to be terrorist attacks due to the power cut.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Just watching FOX News and they had a interview with this guy (soz can't remember his name) and he said Al Qauda could have taken out the planet to see what will happen. He also said they could start alot of attacks. I think that guy is an idiot because the last thing US needs is someone scaring people into believe that there is going to be terrorist attacks due to the power cut.

Are you kidding Al Queda dont do tests they go str8 in there, did they do a test b4 911 to see what would happen?i dont think so,i am not blaming you infinite believe me.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
OK, i just think the guy on FOX should have thought of it before saying something like that. Its a big claim to make

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yeah and makes himl ook like a twat dont u think?!

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yeah it does
How come Bush didn't look bothered about it?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Maybe it was Bush's fault maybe wantedtoplug in his razor but instead shortcircuited the whole of New York!

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   

A power cut that has lasted longer than 12 hours with no sight of normal resumption of service, with wildly conflicting reasons for said power cut. [Edited on 15-8-2003 by RogueTrooper]

I've lived through power cuts that have lasted for days in the middle of Winter. Year before last is an example when whole towns were without power. Proportionally it was nodifferent to what happened in the US yesterday.
It's only the fact that the US has a third world power system and so many people rely on it that makes it any different.

Instead of whining, spare a thought for the Iraqis. They've lived for months in far worse conditions, without any power.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Maybe it was Bush's fault maybe wantedtoplug in his razor but instead shortcircuited the whole of New York!

LOL

i just picture that happening

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join