It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix UFOs from 1998 personal story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A friend of my aunts is visiting right now at my house and he was living in Phoenix in 1998 when that major UFO sighting happened. He said he saw the whole thing hapen and it was right above him. He said although it looked like one huge triangle UFO with several lights on it in the video you see of the event, it was really several craft which made the large triangle shape.

He said they were silent and moved around slightly. He said then they just left after a while. He said it was amazing and he will never forget it. I asked him if he thought it was possible that they were flares like the government said it was. He said "it wasn't flares, flares don't move like that and I could actually make out that they were solid craft."

[edit on 27-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
He also said he was in the Army for years and he knows what flares look like. He said they weren't flares like the military said they were...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Interesting - would he be open minded enough to discuss it with us here - any chance?

Yeah the "flare" story is ludicrous - but you know - the government doesn't even really try anymore - just like in politics.

They have the system so locked down now that to disagree with even the most absurd assertions from authorities and you are quickly ostracised by your peers.

This has never bothered me, I must lack the the "worry about what other people think" gene, but I have seen my obsession with the truth hinder me in the business world.

However they also find be somewhat hard to replace - when they need competence they can count on.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
He was just visiting and leaving tomorrow. But he said the government BSed the whole thing and people in Phoenix were very mad because most of them new they weren't flares or stars.

Just goes to show that you never know who has seen or knows something about UFOs. If I didn't bring up the subject, he never would have told me that!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Its always cool to hear first hand experiences.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeah, I was in shock at first. He really did his best to describe the whole event for me. When I mentioned flares to him he laughed and said "I was in the Army, those weren't flares"

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Mesh, you should invite him/her to join ATS and tell their story.

I've always wondered how the people reacted afterward. Was there alot of talk and gossip about the event, or did everyone not talk about it? I know it was covered on the local news, but how long did the hub bub last?

Would love to hear more.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I would think if it was "right above" him, then he may have been a witness to the "unknown" part of those sightings. What most people look at in relation to the "Pheonix lights", was concretely proven to be flare drops beyond the mountain range.

I would urge anyone interested in a rock solid analysis to read:
brumac.8k.com...

It's a full report on the lights, but it admits in the start it does not address the craft seen earlier in the day.

new topics

top topics

join