It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Should Have Killed Him..... Or at Least...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I know, that's why I'm not sure.

The interview Time has posted is from Iraq, but the elevatedone said he/she heard the US. I don't know if there is another interview and didn't hear the show, so I'm hoping elevatedone can say if this was the one they were talking about on the radio, or if it was a different interview.

If it is another interview and Time says it happened in the US, then no, I don't think the meeting really happened. Why would a suicide bomber think they would do anything but call the police? Why would they even go near him, what if he has a bomb and they are the target? How did they meet this suicide bomber? What if he blows up your family 6 months from now?

Time Magazine would have to be insane to meet a terrorist on US soil. If I were an advertiser, they would never see any of my money again, true or not. Subscriptions would be cancelled all over the country, and the lawsuits are just waiting to happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
maybe... maybe they thought that an interview with a suicide bomber would give them more and more subscriptions... maybe the porsen that was interviewing the bomber was going to get more money cuz of it...
or maybe it was some guy who wanted to have his picture in a magazine... just some ordinary guy from Egypt or something that said that he was a suicide bomber

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm sure such an interview would sell well. But I think the negatives far outweigh the positives, and if the story is true then I stand by my assertion that Time Magazine is insane.

Hmm, a faker posing for the interview. That's a nice possibility. There are all sorts of people who will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
yea either a faker whose dream is to be famous for at least 15 mins
or some1 whos really obsessed with his\her job and wants to be the best reporter out there

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Time Magazine was giving aid and comfort to a declared enemy of the United States.

The reporters and the corporation should be criminally charged with treason against these United States, the reporters jailed, and the corporation disbanded.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The reporters and the corporation should be criminally charged with treason against these United States, the reporters jailed, and the corporation disbanded.

couldnt agree more
they didnt do anything about him not even call the police

[edit on 27-6-2005 by russiankid]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
yea either a faker whose dream is to be famous for at least 15 mins
or some1 whos really obsessed with his\her job and wants to be the best reporter out there

If Time claims to have interviewed a suicide bomber in the US, then I think those are the best two possibilities, leaning towards the second one. I think it would be much safer to 'interview' a bomber that you know will never blow anyone up. That way you won't get hit with lawsuits.

But there are lots of crazy people out there so a faker is a good option, as well.

Time Magazine was giving aid and comfort to a declared enemy of the United States.

This is why I just have to marvel at the sheer stupidity of actually doing this interview. Regardless of where it happened, what happens when people die? What were these people thinking? How could they just watch a man who has said he is going to blow people up walk out the door?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
mybe they paid the faker to say everything that he said... maybe they thought that people will get subscriptions to Time magazine if they would interview a suicide bomber so they faked doing it without thinking twice

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I would prefer that they pay a faker and lie about it, than actually interview a suicide bomber in the US. At least that way, there isn't a suicide bomber running around the US autographing magazines to send home.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm sure Henry Luce is rolling in his grave over this.

Time Magazine was started as a conservative pro-American publication, not to have their employees consorting with terrorists who want to kill our citizens and giving them an opportunity to spread their propaganda in its pages.

[edit on 6/27/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'm sure Henry Luce is rolling in his grave over this.
[edit on 6/27/2005 by djohnsto77]

who is Henry Luce??? is he the creator ov Time magazine?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

who is Henry Luce??? is he the creator ov Time magazine?

Yes.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think that this shows really questionable judgement by Time Magazine. I think they are insane to have done this. :shk:

Time got used. The next time something blows up, they will be able to glorify the mighty hero who was interviewed in Time Magazine. It doesn't even have to be the guy interviewed. Who's going to know the difference?

Insane.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i still think thats its faked but yea... who will know if who blows up is the guy or not

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

elevatedone said that the terrorist was waiting for orders inside the U.S

I think that's what I heard the person giving the report said... I would almost swear it... but I could be wrong.

I was driving in 5 o'clock traffic....

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Did anyone READ the artical???

they met the guy in BAGHDAD!!!!

He spoke to TIME in Baghdad on orders from his commander. The interview was the result of weeks of reporting on such insurgents in the hope of learning more about the identities and motivations of those behind the scourge of terrorism in Iraq. A jihadist group passed word that it would send one of its recruits to meet with us. Marwan was unaccompanied; we were not provided with any information about where he lives, works or trains. And out of concern for the safety of TIME's staff, no attempt was made to track his whereabouts after he left.

read it boys and girls
(all 6 pages) then comment on it...

deny ignorance indeed.
*shakes head*

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
Did anyone READ the artical???

they met the guy in BAGHDAD!!!!

So... they still should have done something about it!

Talk about denying ignorance.... you have an opportunity to save American Lives and just let it walk out the door...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
they should ov thaken some G.Is with them or something

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

And out of concern for the safety of TIME's staff, no attempt was made to track his whereabouts after he left.

Please, these people are not marines. They don't have guns, and I'm pretty sure that this man would have.

You really think they should have risked thier lives to kill/arrest one man? You think it would have made a difference? This man dies and there are 3 behind him eager to replace him. It is the commanders that you want to kill. The kooks who are going to still be alive once this man has long passed.

I agree that this peice is MAJOR propaganda, in essence saying, "see how crazy they are?" But I belive that understanding the thought process of these people allows us to approtch the situation differently.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. "
- Sun Tzu

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
yea... he could ov killed them... but they still should ov taken some marines with em

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join