It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Should Have Killed Him..... Or at Least...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was driving home from work today, listening to a local AM talk show here in Toledo....

Fred was talking about a time magazine article... apparently Time did an interview with a suicide bomber who is here in the U.S. simply awaiting his "orders"....

He said "he wants to kill Americans and a lot of them, as many as he can".

When asked about the interview, the Time people said they let him go, to prevent any harm to thier employees....

This is absolutely absurd.... They should have at least... at least called the FBI or local authorities... for what you say... granting an interview...

NO, he made a threat against America and Americans....

They should have killed him

for the record, I'm searching for the article online.. if someone can help me out, please post it here...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think that this might be what you're looking for:

Inside the Mind of an Iraqi Suicide Bomber

Or not. I think this fellow is in Iraq. But it is a new Time article interviewing a suicide bomber, so it sounds like what you are talking about.

I haven't finished reading it yet, but wow. I just wonder how they found him.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sorry EO, sounds like more fear mongering that takes place in your media. That is more of a threat to you than this guy. Unless the authorities decide to ignore this guy.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
After reading the article, I am almost positive that this is what you are referring to.

But he was interviewed in Baghdad, not the US. Maybe the radio guy (Fred?) was mistaken about that.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"Marwan says the occasional bomber may ask to be chained to the wheel to make sure he doesn't flinch at the last moment. "If you have any little doubt in your mind about your own ability to carry out the mission, you do that to make sure you don't lose your courage," he says."

lol well i guess that sums it up, they afraid and now they not but then they afraid again, martyrdom is pretty much a myth that all Arabs want to die for Jihad.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Unlike many other Sunnis in Fallujah, Marwan had little love for Saddam's Sunni-led regime. Yet once the dictator fell, he turned against the Americans. "We expected them to bring Saddam down and then leave," he says. "But they stayed and stayed."....

Marwan joined the insurgency in April 2003 when U.S. soldiers fired on a crowd of demonstrators at a school, killing 12 and wounding many more. Marwan, who took part in the protest, escaped unharmed, but the event proved decisive.

You Reap What You Sow.

AM talk radio is a soap box like no other.

edit: Delta boy as always you make very little sence.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
for the record... the AM show I was listening to, really isn't political...

they usually are discussing local issues, sports, entertainment etc.

The regular guy Denny is on vacation , Fred is filling in... and was discussing the article...

here's the site if you want to check it out.. www.dennyradio.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
[.

edit: Delta boy as always you make very little sence.

maybe u need to look at it more carefully, but ill help ya, this thread about people who wants to martyr, but i tend to show that not everyone wants to be a martyr because they may realize they may go to hell for killing fellow Muslims. also if they want to be martyrs they wouldnt be needing chains to the wheel and pedal. get it?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
this thread is about A man who wants to be a martyr.

"if they want to be martyrs they wouldnt be needing chains to the wheel and pedal"

I do not follow your logic.
I do not belive these men to be martyrs in any sence of the word, but do you suggest that they are supposed to be unafraid of death?
in any case they are not afraid of going to hell because they kill fellow muslims, they are afriad that they will go to hell because they did not kill themselves

you said

martyrdom is pretty much a myth that all Arabs want to die for Jihad.

ALL arabs? that is a broad statment and a racist one at that. Please do not assume that this mans ideas are representative of the majority of arabs in this world, because they are not.
And where is the myth. I do not understand your use of the english language.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The article was probably made up.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
I do not follow your logic.
I do not belive these men to be martyrs in any sence of the word, but do you suggest that they are supposed to be unafraid of death?
in any case they are not afraid of going to hell because they kill fellow muslims, they are afriad that they will go to hell because they did not kill themselves

you said

martyrdom is pretty much a myth that all Arabs want to die for Jihad.

ALL arabs? that is a broad statment and a racist one at that.
And where is the myth. I do not understand your use of the english language.

sorry i meant the Islamic fundamentalists thanks for correcting me on that, not all Arabs believe in the martyr which many people assumes that Arabs want to kill themselves, kinda like back during WW2 where Americans assume that all the Japanese wants to kill themselves while taking American lives. so Americans believe that all the Japanese are willing to martyr for their beliefs. later on we manage to capture a couple of Japanese soldiers who were afraid to die. same thing as the concept that all Arabs want to commit suicide since we see it on the media, even Al Jazeera shows videos and interviews of Arabs willing to commit martyr, but i tend to make it as a myth that all Arabs are willing to commit martyr as i say it is a myth. some of could be martyrs decided to not commit martyrdom.

there are some interviews im goin to find where the martyrs who decided to refuse to commit suicide.

also who told them that they may go to hell if they didnt kill themselves, u got proof of that?
i dont see in the Koran where it says go kill yerself because if u dont, u dont get the magic carpet ride to paradise.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't count TIME magazine as credible, after all they've had Hitler, Amin, and Bush as "men of the year", the folks who praise such war mongering murderer's are seriously out of their minds.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Im against the death of any criminial, no matter how evil or corrupt they are or seem its unlawful to kill anyone by your hands.
well thats at least my opinion.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA only in america... dont get me wrong i have nothing against america
its really cool really big diference between Russia or Israel and U.S.A
but it is kinda dumb that nobody called the police or anything...
if id be there... id run like 5 or 7 blocks away and call the police

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If they really interviewed a suicide bomber INSIDE the United States, who is awaiting orders to murder innocent civilians, and he ultimately does... then I'd say that Time Magazine would be complicite in every murder and every injury that this "man" causes. If not criminally, then at least in a civil court. Time will be paying millions of dollars to the familes of victims resulting from this coward blowing himself up, and them doing absolutely nothing to alert the authorities of his whereabouts or giving them notice of their interview with him. Time will have blood on their hands. I don't care about "freedom of press" and all that garbage. When it comes to foreknowledge of the murder of innocent men, women and children then whatever rights the press have go out the door, in my book.

Now before everyone jumps all over me, I am saying the above with the assumption that the original post is correct. And that is that Time interviewed a suicide bomber awaiting instructions INSIDE THE UNITED STATES. But if this interview took place anywhere else, I hope they get their pants sued off there, too!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
if this interview took place anywhere else, I hope they get their pants sued off there, too!

agreed i hope that they will get their intestines sued out especially if it took place in the U.S

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hopefully, elevatedone will be able to tell us if this is the same story that was on the radio.

Because if it's not, and there is another interview that did happen in the US, then Time Magazine has some explaining to do to the American people. What I would find most surprising would be that a terrorist would feel safe enough to contact them for an interview within the US. I'm not saying suicide bombers are the sharpest crayons in the box, but it just seems like such an incredibly stupid move. In fact if they are claiming this happened in the US, I don't know if I believe them.

If it happened in Iraq, then it becomes more plausible.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
is it possible that they made it up??? lied about it?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Anything is possible, I suppose. I would hate to think that they would do that, and I think that perhaps this radio fellow was just mistaken about where it took place. I find the idea of a suicide bomber meeting with Time Magazine on US soil highly improbable.

As others have already said, what happens if/when he kills people? Everybody in America will blame them. Besides all the lawsuits, the circulation would drop off considerably and you can guarantee they would have no advertisers left. To me, having that meeting in the US and then publishing it is just far to risky, in the form of advertising dollars and circulation.

If it is this article and the interview happened in Iraq, then I don't have reason to doubt them. But I do wonder what kind of repercussions this will have for them? If this bomber ends up killing US troops in Iraq, what will be the reaction of the people at home? Because I am sure that after his 'mission', he will become the famous suicide bomber that was featured in Time Magazine. The other side will make sure of that. They are starting to get better at managing their public relations and handling the press.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
elevatedone said that the terrorist was waiting for orders inside the U.S

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join