It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Diaries - based on the worldline of John Titor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
More like War Blogs (who has a diary anymore?).
I know this is 'Short Stories' but it's looking like this could be pretty long

This is just Part I.

It's basically two stories that will eventually become one. Mostly background info right now. Characters will be properly introduced in time. Written blog style (for now). Based on the fictional story of John Titor

It's March 11, 2015. Why is that important? Well, why does Titor say:

Suggesting there is a war coming is a bit different than saying avoid Washington DC at 3:45 AM on March 12, 2015.

Hmmm....we'll find out....in Part II

~~~
Part I

March 11, 2015
09:56 AM
Same 'ol Same 'ol

There’s nothing really new to add since I last posted. Just like everyone, I'm getting pretty sick of this war. It's been going on for over what? 10 years now? Ten years too long if you ask me. Why the leaders on both sides insist on continuing the bloodshed is beyond my understanding.
Which begs the question - Why am I still fighting? I've gotten my revenge right?
I'll never forget what those rebels did to my family. For the first couple years of this war it was truly chaotic. Riots and chaos ruled the cities. It was during one such riot that the rebels came through my neighborhood and destroyed everything. Apparently they caught wind that the working class neighborhood housed many government employees and/or people sympathetic to the government's cause. They didn't even stop to ask if anyone was sympathetic to their cause. I'll never forget what they did. It burns every time I think about it.......I guess that's why I still fight. Unfortunately, I wasn't home at the time but my family was. When I found out what happened, I promised to make those bastards pay. I joined the AFE army a year later when it was officially formed and have been fighting ever since.
Now, here I am. Apparently my actions have gotten notice by the suits and I've been invited to the White House tonight to be gloated over. A hero they call me. Please. I'm no hero. I did all that I did out of anger and revenge, but the rebels...at least they're fighting for something.
After the 9/11 attacks, this nation started slipping down a slope our forefathers had warned us about. The government that was in place when the attacks occurred took advantage of the people's fear and passed laws that allowed them to completely bypass the constitution. No one seemed to really care at first, as they figured it was a small price to pay for safety. People began to slowly come to their senses however, while at the same time the economy started to tank which, of course, led to even more government control. By 2004 people had had enough. Desperate, poor, and tired of being lied to, government opposition increased dramatically. The police and National Guard did a pretty good job quelling any violent opposition....up until the elections that is. At that point, they simply started to become overwhelmed.
By 2007 the boundaries started to become clear. The government and what was left of the US military, after the great military rebellion, had seized control of most of the major cities. The megalopolis (from DC to Boston) was and still is under government control. The rebels had and still have control over most of the Midwest. No one had control over the south and the west remained untouched for the most part, but was still deeply affected. Five years later, no part of the country remained unscathed. What a mess. This is America, not some third world country! Since when did we become a society that solves its differences through violence?
We have it pretty bad here (understatement), but we hear reports of what's going on overseas and it seems the world is not fairing much better than we are.

Ahh, but you all knew that already, I don't know why I'm babbling.

Well, like I said, there's nothing really new to add. Reports are coming in from everywhere that indicates after basically a three year stalemate; things are starting to finally turn in our favor. There was a two hour long firefight over in Rockville yesterday (Casualties: 0 fatalities, 6 injured on this end. We believe 2 dead, 10-15 injured on their end. We captured 2 rebels), but that's typical. It seems lately the rebels have been concentrating most of their Mid Atlantic forces in this area. They're desperately trying to gain ground on Washington, to no avail of course. We briefly lost Fredericksburg about four years ago, however, after some intense battles we pushed them back south past Richmond. That was the closest they've ever held ground in this area. After the great riots were quelled in the first couple years of this war, DC has remained mostly untouched.

Well, 11 more hours until this "hero" meets with the President....again.

Right now, it's time to do a little recon.
Until we meet again...

I believe in the sun even though it is slow in rising. I believe in you without realizing. I believe in rain though there are no clouds in the sky. I believe in truth even though people lie. I believe in peace though sometimes I am violent. I believe in God even though he is silent.
- Author unknown

March 11, 2005
19:30 PM
Cheer Up

By your comments I realize my previous entry was a little on the negative side, I apologize for that. War weariness I guess (And I haven't had my coffee yet).
So, here's a little poem I wrote to brighten things up a bit:

Violets are purple
Roses are red
If this war doesn't end soon
We'll all be dead

Well...that's all I have right now but trust me, it'll be an uplifting poem once I'm finished.

There was nothing to report earlier today but there is now. It's quiet. Too quiet.
Cliché? Yes, I know.
Scary? Yes and no. The rebels seem to have retreated further west and haven't been very active today, come to think of it, other than yesterday's firefight this past week has been quiet. We believe they may be gathering strength and planning a huge offensive in the coming weeks maybe even days. We're ready.

Speaking of getting ready…I'm not, and I have to be....so….

Keep strong
Don’t fret
This will be a strong nation once again
Hope for tomorrow
For each day that passes brings us one day closer to the end of this bloodshed

Until we meet again…

---------------

March 11, 2015
12:01 PM
Retreat?

Something big's going down and I can't wait. We were ordered a few days ago not to try to advance any further and some of our forces close to New York, Philly, Baltimore, and DC have even retreated further west. Word around camp is we're saving ammo, gathering strength, etc. for a huge assault, starting tomorrow!
This is the best news we've heard in years. The only way we're going to win this war is to take the east coast cities. This may take some time, but we will prevail. We have too. There is no option of giving up. We must take our country back!

March 11, 2005
14:45 PM
New Rumors

Ok, there are some new rumors spreading that some of you may not like. Rumor has it that we've asked for foreign help. I've been torn on this issue. I feel like, it our country, our fight. This is something we the people must do. However, lately it hasn't been going so well with us. Our victory in Kansas City was tremendous! But, what about St. Louis? And the twin cities? Even Little Rock, though a victory, was a struggle. Our west coast forces are being drained of resources faster than we expected. We haven't gained any new ground in I don't know how long. I'm not ashamed to admit....we need help! Though our allies have agreed to remain out of this, from what I've read, they do seem more likely to help us than the AFE. My guess is that one of our allies has answered our rumored SOS and is planning to participate in the huge assaults coming up.
Looking back on this, years from now, we will see that this cry for help was not only to benefit this country, but for the whole world.

Tomorrow's looking to be a big day. I can't wait.

~~
(color works on preview post but not on regular post? am I missing something?
)

[edit on 27-6-2005 by ThatsJustWeird]

new topics

join