It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Runaway Bride Gets Paid for Her Lies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well this just makes me sick. Runaway Bride Jennifer Wilbanks will get paid for her story so that it can be made into a made for TV movie. So the runaway bride is going to end up making money from this set of lies she spewed. All this in light of the fact that the city spent $43,000 on the search to find her, not to mention that several of them also missed the funeral of a slain comrade to look for her worthless butt. This is just wrong on so many levels.

Runaway bride Jennifer Wilbanks has made a deal with a media company that is now pitching a movie to networks.
ReganMedia, a New York multimedia company, has "acquired all media rights to the life stories" of Wilbanks and her fiancé, John Mason.

Link

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The state needs to sue her for the rest of the money they forgave her for. After all: How do we know this wasnt the plan all along?

This whole thing is suspect.

The state should be entitled to 100% of any monies earned from that book.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Runaway Bride Jennifer Wilbanks will get paid for her story so that it can be made into a made for TV movie

I thought you can't make money off of crimes you committed? Like, mobsters can't write exposes in prison and collect profit and Manson can't write an autobiography and get paid for it and the like.

Was it that she didn't commit a felony or something?

The fact that she would actually sell her story actually manages to drop her lower. Thats pretty impressive.

skippy
After all: How do we know this wasnt the plan all along?

Indeed. Maybe I can get 'pinned' down in a well and make a movie about it.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think laws preventing people from profiting from their crimes are limited to violent crimes with victims, so that wouldn't apply in this case.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This just going to tell people its ok to do stupid things to get money.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Runaway bride Jennifer Wilbanks has made a deal with a media company that is now pitching a movie to networks.
ReganMedia, a New York multimedia company, has "acquired all media rights to the life stories" of Wilbanks and her fiancé, John Mason.

To think, all this time I've been getting up and going to work like a sucker! [Sarcasm]
Stories like these kind of upset me. Not just because it's completely moronic, but because it makes this country to be the laughing stock of the world. I'm sure other countries get wind of this kind of stuff [although I hope not] and it innacuratly protrays Americans as self-centered attention junkies. Kind of like "Cops" making us look like a violent police state [Read something about that subject on another thread].

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Someone needs to pull a Tonya Harding on this chic!

Any volunteers? (don't answer that
)

This will just show people that it's cool to do stupid crap,
and women all over the country will start staging stupid
stuff everywhere....the stupidness will never end

Anyways...that has to be a boring arse movie.
IMO, it would be a better flic of she was kidnapped.
What's it gonna show...her out jogging and then on a bus for
a couple days

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
to give her ANY attention is a waste.....whatever happened to dignity in this country? sensationalism panders to the lowest denominator...Personally I feel insulted when crap like this is considered news. What does it take to ban someone from the media?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I agree this is horrible, just like when Jennifer Smart's parents got rich of their daughter's rape and abduction with a movie within a few months of her being returned, but we're supposed to like capitalism remember?

This is what's it's all about. It's not about being nice or morals. It's about getting rich any way you can.

Can't cheerlead for capitalism and boo her. She's just better at it than most of us suckers.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Bah, Do this crap happens all the time and isnt that big of a deal outside of the people its actualy effecting, The media blew this crap up just so they could get "The Story" thats all that mattered to them, Had they not made such a big deal out of the incident, out of a friggin runaway bride, noone would realy give a damn about her, She didnt ask to be put on national TV, The media made this into what it is, Blame them.

new topics

top topics

join