It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Documents on Torture Released in Lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:
joi

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Government Documents on Torture
The ACLU filed a request on Oct. 7, 2003 under the Freedom of Information Act demanding the release of information about detainees held overseas by the United States. This page contains records the government has released under court order.
action.aclu.org...

Documents include FBI record and documents,Army Documents and Files, Defense Intelligence files, and much more for your viewing pleasure including an

"FBI memo stating that Defense Department interrogators impersonated FBI agents and used "torture techniques" against a detainee at Guantanamo."

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The entire ACLU organization needs to be shut down and all the members arrested. I want to see FBI agents kicking down their doors and slamming those punks up against the wall.

They have clearly chosen the side of the enemy in a time of war. Michael Savage is right, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder.....their crazy and we conservatives are not gonna let them drag us over the edge of the cliff with them.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
The entire ACLU organization needs to be shut down and all the members arrested. I want to see FBI agents kicking down their doors and slamming those punks up against the wall.

They have clearly chosen the side of the enemy in a time of war. Michael Savage is right, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder.....their crazy and we conservatives are not gonna let them drag us over the edge of the cliff with them.

Maximu§

God I hope this is sarcastic....

I'm a moderate republican and think thats about the craziest thing I have ever read.

How can the ACLU or liberals drag us over an edge when we are incharge of all 3 branches right now? Get a grip, you make conservatives look bad.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well Quest, I commend you for at least refraining from personnal attacks, but your wrong.

The ACLU has attacked everything that is good in America...they sue to tear Christian crosses down, they sue to protect Muslim terrorists, they sue to tear down the 10 commandmants and they even offer free legal advice to Muslim radicals under FBI investigation, so yeah they have become the enemy of America and maybe you outta get a grip on reality.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
LA Maximus:

They have clearly chosen the side of the enemy in a time of war. Michael Savage is right, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder.....their crazy and we conservatives are not gonna let them drag us over the edge of the cliff with them

Wow, switch to decaf.

I live in a country where if someone calls you "liberal", it can actually be a compliment (the word, not the political party).

I believe myself to be liberal. Open-minded, sympathetic. How that can be a bad thing is beyond me.

Do you figure if the ACLU finds out about something that YOUR government is doing that is AGAINST your very own Constitution and that they are trying to HIDE from the public, that they should just "go along"? They should hide things from you, rather than expose them and let you form your own conclusions?

If so, move to China. Communism will suit you far better than democracy. They will tell you what they figure you need to hear, and nothing else.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Jako, if you want to debate ...fine, but the "Decafe" BS needs to be left out.

Listen carefully my French-Canadian friend.....when an organization is SUEING to try and release CAPTURED terrorists at Guantanimo Bay in a time of war...than they have become a friend of my enemy.

When an organization is SUEING to try and get interogation documents released in a time of war.......than they have become a friend of my enemy.

Don't you see? These THUGS have been caught RED-Handed by our boys in the field and we have organizations trying to help them......thats INSANITY and Liberalism in its purest form.

So, Im siding with common sense here...if the ACLU wants to protests the treatment of the garbage at GB....FINE, but wait until the wars over. You can't do this stuff while the lead is still flying!!

Maximu§

joi

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Maximu§

Wow you sound incrediby facist!
What exactly would you like them arrested for?
You may not agree with ACLU, but they are protecting YOUR rights.
I think the problem so many people have with "conservatives" is they sound as scary as you. If liberals have mental disorders than you must be completely off your rocker!

joi

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

God I hope this is sarcastic....

I'm a moderate republican and think thats about the craziest thing I have ever read.

How can the ACLU or liberals drag us over an edge when we are incharge of all 3 branches right now? Get a grip, you make conservatives look bad.

Thank you!
It feels like I only see posts from the rapid reps on here. It is so nice to hear a voice of reason!
Unfortunately Moderates have also been coming into the same line of fire as liberals lately. Its pretty scary!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by joi
Wow you sound incrediby facist!

Im yer worst nightmare. A truck driving, beer drinking , gun-toting, a** kicking American Male.

I don't think the ACLU is protecting my rights.....perhaps a long time ago they meant well, but its obvious they have been hijacked by the Liberals who care more about the rights of Muslim terrorists than the well-being of American soldiers. In WW II, these fools woulda been locked up without question for SEDITION in a time of war.

When we have finnished stomping the life outta Radical Islam...than we will figure out what to do with these Idiots...in the meantime, toss em in the clink.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You left out that the army made you into a man, maximus.

For the rest of us, that comes naturally as a result of exiting puberty.

Carry on.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
You left out that the army made you into a man, maximus.

For the rest of us, that comes naturally as a result of exiting puberty.

Carry on.

You got a problem with the US Army Cargo? Yeah they did make me a Man and maybe you should look them up.

My brothers are stomping a** all over the world and I Thank God on my knee's everyday their fighting our enemies overseas instead of on our streets. Back on topic, the ACLU needs to be stomped out like cockaroaches, becauses thats what they have become.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Only you would twist that into me "having a problem" with the US Army. You're paranoid. But I guess you're in the right place for it.

Oh, and I just called the Army recruitment office. They had to reject me on the basis that I was a foreign national. So I told them I would defect, but they replied that as I am already a man, I was an unacceptable candidate.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by cargo]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
La Maximus:

Jako, if you want to debate ...fine, but the "Decafe" BS needs to be left out.

Listen carefully my French-Canadian friend.....

Firstly, I am not French Canadian. All Canadians aren't French.

Secondly, are we friends?

You appear, to me at least, based on your chest-beating in this thread to be :

1) full of tired, unrealistic cliches
2) unwilling to cnsider anything that contravenes your own violent, limited view of the world
3) perhaps prone to violent outbursts

What would YOU assume if someone came up with :

My brothers are stomping a** all over the world and I Thank God on my knee's everyday their fighting our enemies overseas instead of on our streets. Back on topic, the ACLU needs to be stomped out like cockaroaches, becauses thats what they have become.

And, haha, explain to me where in the world the US Army is "stomping a**". Certainly not Iraq, sorry to tell you. Not Afghanistan either (it's now the world's largest drug producer again, and most of those drugs go tio your streets).

joi

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Im yer worst nightmare. A truck driving, beer drinking , gun-toting, a** kicking American Male.

I don't think the ACLU is protecting my rights.....perhaps a long time ago they meant well, but its obvious they have been hijacked by the Liberals who care more about the rights of Muslim terrorists than the well-being of American soldiers. .

Maximu§

Well Im an even worse nightmare: A truck driving, whiskey drinking,gun toting A** Kicking American female who gives a damn about this country and hates to see our current admintration destroy what once was a great country! Personally I dont see you kicking any A**. All your doing is leaving belligerent comments in what could be an intelligent forum.
The ACLU isnt trying to get terrorist freed. They legally used the Freedom of Information Act to recieve data that was being witheld from the American people. End of story..

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well Joi maybe we can get down to brass tacks here since we're alike in some ways. The ACLU is sueing to retreave data that was coughed up by terrorists, but the sad fact here is....WE'RE STILL AT WAR!!!

Do you really think its a good idea for this information to be released while the bullets are still flying? The enemy uses this information to further inflame the Islamic world and that endangers US troops.....you do care about our boys in uniform don't you?

Yeah my comments are belligerant, but there are all kinds of folk here in ATS and if your gonna post threads.....you have to learn how to deal with all of them. If my posts bother you, just hit the ignore button, but of course I hope you continue to "educate" me on how great the ACLU is.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The ACLU has sued the southern border states that have refused social services to ILLEGAL aliens (they are criminals, here illegally, they do not rate ANY services).

The ACLU has a pending lawsuit against the Minuteman Project, saying they are an illegal militia and no legal authority to keep criminal trespassing aliens out of America, or off private property along the border(ACLU has always defended illegal aliens, and denied LEGAL procedure).

The ACLU has sued high school students for wearing Christian attire (logo T-shirts, crosses) during school hours and on school property. Then defended Muslim students as they prayed, wore religious garb, and read from the Quran during school hours and on school property(In my town, a young Sikh was allowed to carry a ceremonial dagger on a cord around his neck, in plain view....at a ZERO TOLERANCE WEAPONS POLICY high school).

The ACLU has nearly shut down Christian prayer before, during, or after inter-scholastic sports events at public schools across the USA, threatening lawsuits if the Christian prayer is conducted....no such lawsuit is pending against any other religion(In the news almost daily).

The ACLU has nearly ended all Christian commencement prayers during graduation ceremonies of any school, across the USA. No such action have been taken against non-Christians in public schools(in the news almost daily).

The ACLU, through the courts by way of lawsuits, has denied Parents the legal and moral right to know when their minor child gets an abortion or birth control (..and has sued to keep Abstinence training/speeches/methods out of schools, while allowing Planned Parenthood to spread their abortion message).

The ACLU, through lawsuits and the courts, has shackled the American Police forces in their fight against crime (Rodney King anyone?).

The ACLU, through the courts by way of lawsuits, has denied hiring and firing practices by business, to be based solely off performance. the ACLU has determined that a female, minority, non-Christian, drug addict, felon, short, fat, tall person cannot be fired due to their lack of ability, or LIABILITY to the company.

The list is almost endless regarding the anti-American, anti-freedom, anti-Conservative ACLU. LA_Maximus is 100% correct.

joi

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well Joi maybe we can get down to brass tacks here since we're alike in some ways. The ACLU is sueing to retreave data that was coughed up by terrorists, but the sad fact here is....WE'RE STILL AT WAR!!!

Do you really think its a good idea for this information to be released while the bullets are still flying? The enemy uses this information to further inflame the Islamic world and that endangers US troops.....you do care about our boys in uniform don't you?

Yeah my comments are belligerant, but there are all kinds of folk here in ATS and if your gonna post threads.....you have to learn how to deal with all of them. If my posts bother you, just hit the ignore button, but of course I hope you continue to "educate" me on how great the ACLU is.

Maximu§

Did you read the files I posted? They arent classified files, simply reports and communications regarding torture to prisoners overseas.
Nothing that is threatening our well being.
If our government cared that there could be adverse backlash from the torture of terrorists they should take more care of how they are treating the prisoners. We have plenty of means to get answers without resorting to torture.

You really shouldnt play the "caring about the troops" card to me
You should play it on out government. They should at least give them the means to be as safe as possible. Soldiers are still asking to be better equipped so they have the means to try and survive .
They are spending crazy money rebuilding iraq, but not enough on equipping the soldiers defending it.

I know there are all kinds of folks here on ATS, but most of them offer a bit more substance and a bit less venom.

joi

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army
The ACLU has sued the southern border states that have refused social services to ILLEGAL aliens (they are criminals, here illegally, they do not rate ANY services).

The ACLU has a pending lawsuit against the Minuteman Project, saying they are an illegal militia and no legal authority to keep criminal trespassing aliens out of America, or off private property along the border(ACLU has always defended illegal aliens, and denied LEGAL procedure).

The ACLU has sued high school students for wearing Christian attire (logo T-shirts, crosses) during school hours and on school property. Then defended Muslim students as they prayed, wore religious garb, and read from the Quran during school hours and on school property(In my town, a young Sikh was allowed to carry a ceremonial dagger on a cord around his neck, in plain view....at a ZERO TOLERANCE WEAPONS POLICY high school).

The ACLU has nearly shut down Christian prayer before, during, or after inter-scholastic sports events at public schools across the USA, threatening lawsuits if the Christian prayer is conducted....no such lawsuit is pending against any other religion(In the news almost daily).

The ACLU has nearly ended all Christian commencement prayers during graduation ceremonies of any school, across the USA. No such action have been taken against non-Christians in public schools(in the news almost daily).

The ACLU, through the courts by way of lawsuits, has denied Parents the legal and moral right to know when their minor child gets an abortion or birth control (..and has sued to keep Abstinence training/speeches/methods out of schools, while allowing Planned Parenthood to spread their abortion message).

The ACLU, through lawsuits and the courts, has shackled the American Police forces in their fight against crime (Rodney King anyone?).

The ACLU, through the courts by way of lawsuits, has denied hiring and firing practices by business, to be based solely off performance. the ACLU has determined that a female, minority, non-Christian, drug addict, felon, short, fat, tall person cannot be fired due to their lack of ability, or LIABILITY to the company.

The list is almost endless regarding the anti-American, anti-freedom, anti-Conservative ACLU. LA_Maximus is 100% correct.

I do agree on your first note regarding welfare to illegal immigrants, but thats about it.

Most of your points are an issue with religious freedom.
Its all about separation of church and state.
It is what it is.

The minute man project wasnt even condoned by Bush.
www.washingtontimes.com...
Its a big old mess. Its a great idea, but it needs to be cleaned up to be useful.

As to the parental abortion consent issue! Thankfully the ACLU is smart enough to know that knowledge is a whole lot better than telling kids not to do it. All that results in are unwanted pregnancieas and STDS.
Id rather have a young girl be able to have a private abortion than kill herslf trying to do it herself.

So that makes you guys about 10% correct in my book.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Huys don't let MAximus get you, he is more than likely a small nerdy fella. I confornted him at first and he said I was attacking him. Strikes me of an internet tough guy more than anything else. His views are obviously skewed and regardless of the insurmountable evidense - including their own words, he will try to "defend" this administration. Gotta give the kid persistence though...

It is a shame so many people had to die for this, but from an outside perspective, it is rather funny watching the noose get tighter and tighter.

So, we have found they ignore the gieneva(sp?) convention, we know they hold people without charging them, we know they will take kids, and now torture....

HHmmmmmm - tell me again which side is suposed to be the bad guy again?

P.S - this has nothing to do with war, this has everything to due with just acting like a bully. Which is why I think some find it so neat, they would like to relate.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Maximu§

our "boys in uniform" would be even better protected by a government which is respected by its enemies for obeying international standards regarding the treatment of prisoners and classification of POWs. why blame the messenger when you should blame the source? after all, if the enemy uses this information to inflame anti-U.S. sentiment, why not give them as little to work with as possible? why not actually try to BE the fair and just society of law we are supposedly trying to bring to Iraq?

hell, you can endanger the troops even less by making sure they're sent in harms way only for a damn good cause, but that's a topic for a different thread.

your professed concern for our troops is sickening. you call them "brothers," yet would you consider Gen. Shinseki a brother? John Kerry? Norman Schwarzkopf? Gen. Anthony Zinni?

What about Admiral John Hutson? Here's what he has to say:

"Today we are conducting the war against terrorism in a manner that is inimical to those values of freedom and justice... it is weakening our cause at home and around the world. We have abused prisoners in Iraq in a most horrific way. We are holding, indefinitely, hundreds of individuals from more than 40 countries as captives at the U.S. Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, without charges or trial. Fortunately, the American Civil Liberties Union is speaking out for American values."

you cheerlead for a man who has never served in a war, and who could care less about dying soldiers if they were fighting a war for him or picking up shrimp toast off his carpet after a white house soiree.

our soldiers are dying in Iraq because certain people thought it was a good idea to send them there, not because of the ACLU.

-koji K.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by koji_K]

new topics

top topics

join