It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops in Iraq face pay cut...follow up...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Troops in Iraq face pay cut

WASHINGTON -- The Pentagon wants to cut the pay of its 148,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, who are already contending with guerrilla-style attacks, homesickness and 120-degree-plus heat...

Nothing like getting screwed for serving for country.

It makes me laugh when I am called unpatriotic for not support a war, but the Bu#es are the holiest of holies for cutting soldiers pay, ruining the enviroment, the economy and peoples rightsall for profit and power.

Impeach now!

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
All the while we are cutting taxes, and getting ready to pay a reparitions tax, real fair, real fair. I grow so sick and tired of the way the military solders get screwed.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is a slap in the face for the solders by the U.S. Government.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
so you go to fight a war and fight for your country. See people die infront of your eyes. Win the war. Then you have to fight a urban war, then the gov cut your pay. Doesn't that just kick you in the balls big time

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is so typical, the thanks of a grateful nation.

We send our boys and girls over to some sunscorched hell under most suspicious circumstances to fiight a most unscrupulous war, put thier asses on the line, tell them to kill anything that walks, including each other, expose them to chemicals and use them as guinna pigs, let them take the wrath of the iraqi people and gurrillas, then tell them they dont get to go home and have a beer for another year, now we cut thier pay?

By the way, when they do return home, they are going to have one hell of a time finding a job, they are not going to recieve any deprogramming or adjustment to civilian life, they will probably have amny illnesses that they cant afford to treat and the govornment will deny...,

This is how America repays those who risked thier lives for it. Juyst like korea, Vietnam, the second gulf war, and everything in between. And Americans wonder why thier streets are littlered with homeless, drugged out unemployed drunken veterans who are mained, mutilated, and scarred mentally and emotionally from the conflicts they get thrown into?

My case is mild, Im simply an unemployed vet with unexplained illnesses from my time in the military. I still have both arms, legs, and have not fallen into utter despair. These kids wont be as lucky. They will come home.to nothing. And will get paid nothing.

And congress all the while is talking about expanding the troop numbers? With what, a draft?

Only when congress and the prez, and everyone else in the govornment also takes a paycut of 50% will I say, ok, go ahead and cut the troops pay too.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Say thanks to your leaders. Still think they give a damn about you or anyone else but themselves. No matter who is in office, it doesn't matter. But the Bu#es still need to go--to jail...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
think that Bush actually earned his Harvard degree???

Hell, even Gump can see that this idea is ill-timed....

What's really scary, is that even with such idiotic moves, he'll still be re-elected!!! It's scary because he can actually get away these kinds of acts!

Personally, if I have to vote even for NADER, it won't be for Bush!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Pay cuts arent the only slap in the face the troops have gotten over the years. During Clinton, thanks to the anti smoking lobby, troops no longer got ciggarettes at a discounbt, which was one of the few fringe benefits we had. Now they pay pretty much the same as everyone else. which is stupid and laughable.

Hm..smoking kills, so we wont let our troops smoke. We pump them full of experiemntal drugs, expose them to deadly radioation and chemicals. We throw them into third world conflicts to pick up wierd diseases and get thier legs blown off. And now, since we care about lung disease, we are gonna charge em more to smoke!
because smoking kills! Forget about agent orange, depleated uranium, nerve gas pills and anthrax shots! we need more tax money from ciggies!

Oh, and they also were talkign about charging troops a co pay out of thier pocket for healthcare in the military as well. So, now, not only to they get to see #ty sadistic military docs who 1/3 couldnt pass a state medical certification, now they have to pay to see these said docs.

Whats next, will they have all the troops line up in washington dc and lay down on pennsylvania avenue so that congress and Bush can step all over them and kick them in the faces?

And we shake our heads and dont understand why and how we produced DC snipers and Timmy Mc Veighs?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
....in little cubicles who hash over every possible result of these types of decisions BEFORE they even become a reality,they then inform those higher up as to the results of their findings.

This is no accident,the economy is no accident,the war is no accident.

The problem is that trying to figure out who is responsible and will have to pay is easy,Us.

The NWO in action,it is here,now and in your face.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I would really love to see Bush have to live the lifestyle of an enlisted E-2, or E-3 for even one month. He has that silver spoon stuck so far up his butt that he really has no clue.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
How much does pack of cigarettes cost in US?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Anywhere from 1.50 to 7 or 8 bucks, depending on where you live. Indian reservations are cheaper.

When i was in the army, a carton of marlboros cost me 8 bucks at the commisary, which was pretty damn cheap. Now Ive seen them for 30-35 bucks. With the relatively low pay troops make, thats an awful lot to pay.

In many places in the US smokes are still cheaper than Europe, if thats what you mean. But they keep adding taxes. A pack of smokes in the Uk was about 4 pounds, or 7 bucks, which its getting to be the same here in the US, with many stores selling them at about the same. Its due to new anti smoking taxes.

regardless, to that 19 year old kid in the middle of hell, getting shot at, seeing dead bodies of friends and strangers alike, that little cancer stick is about the only tranquility hes gonna have.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uninen
How much does pack of cigarettes cost in US?

Not for sure (I stoped smoking years ago)...I think about $3.50 in Indiana.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
No Pay Cut for Troops in Iraq, Afghanistan-Pentagon

Defense officials said that even if lawmakers do not reinstate increases passed in April in both "imminent danger pay" and "family separation allowances," the Pentagon will make up the pay losses to troops in those countries in other ways...

Further rewards for our troops in Iraq. More MRE's? Hotter weather? Packs of baby wipes to put under their helmets as sweat bands?

I find it funny that when a firestorm begins the backtracking follows shortly thereafter. Just like with the terror betting website, or the Total Information Awarness program.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ill read your links in a minute. Im in the middle of Installing cancer 2000, and I dont want to interrupt it.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Given the alacrity with which the Bush regime throws borrowed dollars around, I find it hard to believe that this is dictated purely by a sense of financial prudence. this coincides with the farcical releases about training an Iraqi militia and is plainly a way of suggesting that Iraq isn't "dangerous" -so no "danger money" and that the troops are bound to be home before you can say "Condoleezza Rice".
Pure propaganda.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My Government are the tightest set of arseholes when it comes to Military spending, but even they would think twice before cutting Troops pay, especially when they are seving over seas. This is a discrace of the worst kind.
They send these young guys out there to fight a war wait until its won and the dust settles a bit then cut their pay? That is one of the worst betrayals i can think of. Is there nothing anyone can do about it?

new topics

top topics

join