It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July shuttle launch still on track! Good news!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Mission: International Space Station Flight LF1
Shuttle: Discovery
Launch Pad: 39B
Launch: July 13, 2005 at 3:51 p.m. EDT
Landing: July 25, 2005 at 11:01 a.m. EDT
Duration: 12 days
Orbital Insertion Altitude: 122 nautical miles
Orbit Inclination: 51.60°

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Official Countdown Clock.....

Mic

[edit on 12/7/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Early start tomorrow morning for me..gonna get up at about 4:30am (shuttle launch at 5:51 local time..) but oh well, I have nothing better to do and it should be interesting.

Stupid australia..

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Just heard on the news that a "window frame" fell off, damaging some tiles. Come on NASA, get your act together. One of my countryman is going up in that thing.
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 13/7/05 by The Block]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Found a live link

A guy from queens is going up there so that makes me very happy hope everything goes well and i will be watching i wish them good luck and my heart is with them

Live View Here

From time to time shuttle launch control will come on and talk about the shuttle.

Anyone who has a scanner and in the area of the launch i suggest you program your frequencies if you havent already.

Ats Frequencies Here

[edit on 13-7-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Block
Just heard on the news that a "window frame" fell off, damaging some tiles.

I cant believe the timing of this!

I know the problem has been solved now but with so many memories of Columbia still in poeples minds this should never have been allowed to happen!
And if i was NASA i wouldnt have let the public know!

Fingers crossed all goes well!

Mic

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yahoo will also be offering live feeds via Internet.

Here's the Yahoo page on the shuttle:
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
That window thing BLEW MY MIND! I was furious. They have an image and if you spend billions fixing something for 2.5 years and then a window held on by tape falls, you have no image.

Things like that are the reason people stop caring about NASA.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
NASA just announced that they are postponing the launch due to a faulty fuel censor.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

edited for spelling

[edit on 13-7-2005 by bpletcj]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

NASA has indefinitely put off its long-awaited return to space, saying Friday that engineers were no closer to knowing why a fuel gauge acted up right before a scheduled liftoff two days earlier.

"We are going forward on a day-by-day basis," said deputy shuttle program manager Wayne Hale. "We have got the entire resources of the agency behind us to troubleshoot this problem."

He said that once the problem was identified and fixed, it would be another four days before the shuttle Discovery could launch.

"Everybody is going to want to ask, 'What is that date going to be?' Well, I don't know," Hale said.

Link

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

NASA has indefinitely put off its long-awaited return to space, saying Friday that engineers were no closer to knowing why a fuel gauge acted up right before a scheduled liftoff two days earlier.

"We are going forward on a day-by-day basis," said deputy shuttle program manager Wayne Hale. "We have got the entire resources of the agency behind us to troubleshoot this problem."

He said that once the problem was identified and fixed, it would be another four days before the shuttle Discovery could launch.

"Everybody is going to want to ask, 'What is that date going to be?' Well, I don't know," Hale said.

Link

Yes, thats what I said, 3 days ago.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join