It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, Fragging a Fellow Soldier is a Valid Form of Anti-War Protest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
According to Professor Ward Churchill rolling a grenade into a tent to immobilize your unit from going into battle is a valid form of antiwar protest. Below is his quoted comments and also a link to audio of the speech.

For those of you who do, as a matter of principle, oppose war in any form, the idea of supporting a conscientious objector who's already been inducted [and] in his combat service in Iraq might have a certain appeal.

But let me ask you this: Would you render the same support to someone who hadn't conscientiously objected, but rather instead rolled a grenade under their line officer in order to neutralize the combat capacity of their unit?

During the Question and Answer Session

Questioner: I think it's important when you're getting into a discussion of violence and appropriate violence and self-defense, of starting to look at what you're trying to build there, what you're trying to create—for example, fragging an officer, which you were talking about before, at the beginning of your talk, the sort of trauma that that inflicts on that officer's family back home is I feel like an important thing to take into account when you try to think about what your action is trying to accomplish in the first place. I really feel like I can articulate [my question] properly, but that's the general direction I'm heading with it.

Churchill: How do you feel about Adolf Eichmann's family?

For those of you who don’t know Adolf Eichmann was the chief planner of the holocaust for Nazi Germany

Adolf Eichmann Information

Real Player Stream
Download MP3

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry but, Churchill is basically a loon and a media hog. Why take anything he says seriously?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Churchill is a freak. That guy belongs in jail for faking being
an Indian and for stealing art work and calling it his own.
(whatl he did was mirror image the art and it appeared backwards
from the original and he claimed it as his own work.
)

He's a freak who lies and lies.
He's a loud compulsive lieing freak who thinks he has found a following.
He'd be a great case study for a shrink.

new topics

join