It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Dragon Awakens!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just going off on a bit of a tangent here...from my sources I understand that Kim Jong Il isn't all that anti-Western after all, and may be about to be deposed by a bunch of elderly greedy military cronies installed by his father.

Apparently the West really had a window of opportunity a few years ago to iron things out with the younger Kim, however that window closed when Dubya got elected (apparently).

If these elderly aparatchics depose Kim, then the West will be facing some really hard line militaristic individuals running the DPK, and they could pose a real threat, as apparently they're very hard core military brain-washed types of people.

As for Star Wars- if some of the stuff I read is true, then it virtually negates the effectiveness any weapon that any other country has ever possessed- conventional or otherwise. If the U.S. used these technologies, if they exist, I'm not even sure they'd even admit to using them, so no one would ever know!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Starwars is too ambitious, and it never reached fruition. Its been some two decades since the proposal but the world struggles to even achieve limited amounts of those technology even in labs. Starwars is really like "StarWars", a story in another universe.

It was too advanced for the 80’s but it is not far fetched for today's age, look a the USAF Transformation Flight Plan and tell me its for another universe. The USAF made this plan public in 03 one only wanders what they haven't made public.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char2c35t
the US does have nuke defenses you really think there has been no advancement in black projects since "star wars"? The Missile defense is just a smoke screeen, the US has been waiting to pull out the hidden toy and to enact a draft, they were talking about that back when I first entered the military.

Char2c35t how do you know there is any black projects..

it seems like you've been to high places...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Lol chinawhite I was just about to say that lol. Seems like our friend their knows alot about the extremely top secret projects the us government is conconcting! And if some military personell were just openly talking about a star wars project, then hell it must be true!1
Fact of the matter is Star wars would fail. Scientists from around the world have already studied this situation and have come to the conclusion that undertaking such a project would cost waaay to much.

On the topic of nukes, Russia is actually dismantling it's nuclear weapons, Russiankid I think you just want to convince yourself that Russia is still the main threat to the USA, sorry to tell you that it is not. China is now the USA's biggest problem. I agree with you that Russia and China are most probaly allied against the States. Proof of Russia's nuclear downsizing is the selling of nuclear weapons, material, blueprints to China. I think Russia know they no longer have the money to haress their nuclear potential and have handed it off to China. Russia would have more than enough nukes to destroy the USA with 300 ICBM's.

And the USa as someone stated before is still trying to make bigger, more lethal nukes. Only the USa has plans to build more than enough to destroy the world.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
And the USa as someone stated before is still trying to make bigger, more lethal nukes. Only the USa has plans to build more than enough to destroy the world.

No true at all the US wants to replace its ageing fleet of nuclear missiles with new more advanced ones, if we do this we will reduce our overall umber of nukes and we would be reducing the yield on the warheads. We don't need a 10 megaton yield when we can deliver a warhead within feet of a target.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is pretty random but I recall Napoleon stated after his visit to China.

"China can be described as a sleeping dragon, when this dragon awakes it will shake the very foundations of our world"

So far I believe he is right, the USA is an ageing superpower, much like rome was, all the corruption, wars and enemies are finally taking their toll soon another power must take it's place and from the facts and statistics of economic and military growth you have to say the CHinese Dragon is awakening.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So far I believe he is right, the USA is an ageing superpower,

The US has never been more powerful militarily, politically and arguably economically.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Westpoint, the USa has never been more powerful politically, militarily and economically? I think that there only stronger in one of those aspects and I'll tell you why.

the USA economy is slowing in growth compared to upcoming Asian markets and is losing it's competitveness, eg coming 2nd now to China in terms of exports. The USA economy is also building up heavy debt for foreign wars that are currently present, the USa is spending close to a trillion dollars each year, more then it is earning. SO with these facts how can you say they are stronger economically?

Politics in the USA has never been more divided between the republicans and democrats. The line is drawn right down the middle between them. Your current President has also lost the USa's reputation around the world and lost the trust of Europe and the UN. He is also seen as a very evil man and films such as Fareinheight 9/11 has only weakened the politics of the USa even more. So How can you say they are stronger politcally?

The only thing which I would say correct is that the USa is stronger militarily. They now spend over 400 billion a year on defence which is the biggest budget in the world. And the US's forces are now waging a struggling battle in Iraq, so maybe there not stronger militarily since the US is now vulnerable to other foreign conflicts.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I guess you have not realized that the economy and debt of the US drives the world economy? The US economy falters, the vast majority of this world's economies falter. There are exceptions, but they are quite few.

China is a threat and an emerging world military power. One that has a growing military projection value. As such, has it occurred to you that the US has just signed a military and scientific treaty with who? India. India is located where? On China's border? You don't say.....

seekerof

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
he must think that the US is using all of its military power in Iraq in a limited war, the US is far from using its military to much and it was the draft would be in congress or the president with a justice of him choosing pens an exectitive (sic) order.

Oh he also forgets Iran is China's oil life blood right now what would happen if that was cut off? Would China have to buy from siberia?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Umm if the USa has spent nearly half a trillion dollars on this Iraq war imagine how much money they would waste on China? Seriously, half a trillion to deal with a petty army?

And do you really think that Iran would stop selling oil to China? Iran would break alliance with the US if it's middle eastern counterparts wanted them to. And the alliance with Iran is shaky as it is.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
India's people are sick and tired of being treated like crap by their government spending billions on military and hardly anything on the poor. The populace would become on the brink of revolt if India commited with a war to China.

And have you forgotten that India is preoccupied with Kashmir and Pakistan? Do you really think Pakistan wouldn't seize the oppurtunity of India declared war on China?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I guess you have not realized that the economy and debt of the US drives the world economy? The US economy falters, the vast majority of this world's economies falter. There are exceptions, but they are quite few.

China is a threat and an emerging world military power. One that has a growing military projection value. As such, has it occurred to you that the US has just signed a military and scientific treaty with who? India. India is located where? On China's border? You don't say.....

seekerof

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Seekerof]

yes and who signed a strategic partnership with china in april this year....you guessed it its india.

India, China Hoping to 'Reshape the World Order' Together
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
iran has no allience with the US, terrorists attack oil production that was to be headed to china, the iraq army was crushed destroyed, now they are fighting militia "terrorist" "ingrudence" fighters, not a conventional force that china would use in a fight vs the us. Plus the US is trying to be friends with the Iraqi people something that wouldnt be the case agianst China.

you know nothing about the us military that much is very clear, you would be shocked about how much vietnam cost the us nowadays.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
ROFL, this is funny indeed, hahahahah you American guys can't take it the USA is gonna lose the dominance war! ahahahhahah

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So your saying that China wouldn't fight on and on and on with terroists and guerilla fighters? Think again my freind the Chinese people have a tight bond of union with each other.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char2c35t
he must think that the US is using all of its military power in Iraq in a limited war, the US is far from using its military to much and it was the draft would be in congress or the president with a justice of him choosing pens an exectitive (sic) order.

Oh he also forgets Iran is China's oil life blood right now what would happen if that was cut off? Would China have to buy from siberia?

actually. china buys its oil from a lot of sources.

iran is supplies china with 14%.

iran sudan siberia. Kazakhstan indonesia and own production. and a lot of raw materials from australia

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
China has already signed trade deals with Australia with regards to energy. For example Australia it supplying China with natural gas for 14 years along with some components of oil from the Bass Strait.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uk_United
China has already signed trade deals with Australia with regards to energy. For example Australia it supplying China with natural gas for 14 years along with some components of oil from the Bass Strait.

something like $10billion a year from western australia gas fields.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uk_United
So your saying that China wouldn't fight on and on and on with terroists and guerilla fighters? Think again my freind the Chinese people have a tight bond of union with each other.

Point taken, but the questions were about a US vs. China war which I guess could happen, but I can't as there is too much to loose and not much to gain. Could the US defeat China in a war? I would say yes. Could the US occupy or take over China? Probably not, and there wouldnt be much point and I really dont think China would stand a chance trying to invade the US. I could see China trying to invade Taiwan and the US stepping in to keep them out which they could probably do depending on how much of an investment in dollars and lives they decided to commit. As far as your comment about terroists and guerilla fighters yes they could inflict some damage and what not but I bet if the US was in an all out war and thats what the Chinese resorted to here in the US, the govt would probably open some of the concentration camps just like they did witht he Japanses during WWII.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by warpboost]

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join