It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Dragon Awakens!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Global warming? The temp only went up 1 degree in 100 years i thought? So your saying, in siberia, you will need to wait around 10000 years to pump oil out of them?

I just picked out the part about Siberia thawing from global warming from Paul Roberts' book, "The End of Oil" and the prospect of finding unproven oil fields in hard-to-reach areas seem to be a very high priority for Russia and Russian oil companies.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
... u just dont get it do u??? i like the U.S.A! i live here! i live in portland oregon!
i took the line "it will soon be a wasteland" out of a game Red Alert 2:yuris revenge
that 2 barreled tank ....
and it says im stuck in america cuz hey im 14 i live with my mom i cant just go off and my own house back in Russia...

Sorry, kid. I was very tired last night after posting a lengthy post in another forum and didn't bother to read your lines more carefully. My bad.
I never play that game. Take care.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
eh... i get that a lot... im not anti American... eh
-
so if there will be a WWIII out of China attacking who ever... i know that the U.S.A and Russia are going to take a part of it... but is Israel going to do anything???

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

eh... i get that a lot... im not anti American... eh
-
so if there will be a WWIII out of China attacking who ever... i know that the U.S.A and Russia are going to take a part of it... but is Israel going to do anything???

the first thing is china will jnot attack anyone. its more like america will be doing the attacking.

wait 10years china economy is going to be more powerful. why would china prematurely attack any countrie when chinas GNP. is only $1000 per person. when china gets to $10,000 per person then you can talk about military attacks

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
so... who will America attack??? China?? or... eh isnt China going to attack Taiwan?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
america wants war.

most likey start a war with north korea.

china will not start a war with taiwan if taiwan doesn't declare independence.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
oh... yea bush is bored so he goes to war...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

oh... yea bush is bored so he goes to war...

no more for resources.

If bush really wanted to get rid of a dictactorship go help those africans.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
yea like i said... he says that he wants to help... but hes just bored and he wants to play a realistic strategy game.... lol

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

yea like i said... he says that he wants to help... but hes just bored and he wants to play a realistic strategy game.... lol

wtf??

he invades iraq to help the american elite. go there destory their cities and infrustructure.

some rich american company gets paid to rebuild their cities while americans oil compaines get their hands on cheap oil

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
yea but a lot ov times America fights other peoples wars

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
you dont think china will go to war for resources? you are foolish

who says the US will allow china's economy to get that big?

as china gets more power they will need more resources more so than the US having that many people is great but there is a major draw back, bigger the population the harder it is to protect from famine or disease. IF I was Chinese I would be worried about burnout and growing too fast, if the chinese keep this up they will be forced to make a move akin to japan in ww2. I am sure siberia is looking mighty yummy to the chinese since we know that russia couldnt hold them off from taking it which they are slowly doing so anyways.

Word of Warning to china control yourself becoming short sighted with power can cause your neck to be exposed!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
y do u think that China will attack Russia??? Russia is no Taiwan it can hold China off

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
China invading Taiwan will likely not start WW3, however, if America invading Iran, Syria and North Korea might cause some major problems.

if all of this happens at once, well, so many countries will be involved it likely will result in chaos, but WW3? I dunno.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
...yea thats right CHAOS... and then some other country is going to try and help some county thats being attacked... and will get attacked by some other counrty and... i think that chaos will turn into a big ugly WWIII

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is pretty ignorant of some of you. You think oh well the USA hasn't released it's technology yet there saving it also that China is still pretty primitive in military blah blah blha. Nobody has stated that there is a huge chance duh that China is hiding it's technological advancements too!

Also people have said that the population is a major drawback and the Chinese will have to stop along it's path due to famine etc. Well who thinks that the Chinese communist government will give a crap if a couple of million die? If anything they'll be glad, they might even plagure there own people! They want to stem their population growth.

Also if China faced russia it wouldnt be in conflict. China would gain control of Siberia through diplomatic terms and agreements. China and Russia have military ties in terms of arms trade. They both are freindly towards each other and have the same plan of toppling the USA. Why on earth would China attack Russia!
Are you kidding me! China and russia wouldn't waste their resources one ach other they both want to waste them on the USA!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My take on the China debate is that we're in a situation similar to the 1930's with Japan; when push comes to shove the Chinese may take drastic action within ten years to gain access to resources.

My feeling is that they'll annexe Taiwan and Japan, and probably make a move on Australia for its resources in the same way that Japan did in WW2. It may sound like a drastic scenario, but in the early 1930's the U.S. and Australia were exporting iron-ore to Japan, before things really heated up in the region. I think we're in the same situation now.

As for Russia, I think you'll find that - frighteningly - many of their young people share 'russiankids' ultra-nationalist outlook; in ten years time if people with this mentality gain access to power and Russia's nuclear weapons, the end result may be a surprise attack on the U.S.- unfortunately.

Russia may also launch a surprise nuclear attack on China and Europe at the same time; particularly if they're squeezed in some kind of ground war in Europe, and as distrustful as ever of the Chinese.

The U.S. would then immediately respond by turning large parts of Russia into glass, and the world would be bombed back into the middle ages in what may become known as 'N-day'.

In terms of Australia's outlook, my feeling is that China and North Korea may nuke some of our capitals, however we'd succeed in fighting off a groud invasion, probably due to China's stretched supply lines, and an army not too impressed by the fact that most of their relatives have been vaporised.

In short, I believe a 'Mad-Max' future awaits Australia in the immediate post war period, after which civilisation will begin to pick itself up again and rebuild (after about thirty years or so).

Nagasaki and Hiroshima were both thriving bustling cities within thirty years of being nuked into oblivian, although it's horrendous that people have forgotten just how totally unthinkable and appalling nuclear war really is.

Just my take in things, and hopefully I'm proven completely wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
War with china, destroy their agricultural site contaminate their food supply with chemicals, block any shipments of oil and supply's coming into the country and just see how trying to fight a superpower and having to feed/supply 1.2 billion people at the same time feels.

Don't tell me we would never do that because is that big a war starts and the US is actually threatened the gloves would come off.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
War with china, destroy their agricultural site contaminate their food supply with chemicals, block any shipments of oil and supply's coming into the country and just see how trying to fight a superpower and having to feed/supply 1.2 billion people at the same time feels.

Don't tell me we would never do that because is that big a war starts and the US is actually threatened the gloves would come off.

war with america, destory their wal-marts and mac donalds and see how they feed/dress themselves.....JK

Do you think contamintaing chinas water and stopping chinas oil/food supply isn't going to get a response.....nukes

explode a large nuke over america and see people dieing from cancer.

america might think they have the last laugh by bombing china with more nukes but chinas 25+nukes will eventually finish off the american population..

china will have the last laugh because the chinese population emigrates all across the world and will still have chinese around

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
LOL grea point china white. America think they would win but the fact is they don't need over 10 000 nukes. You could defeat any country with 10. LOL and yeah their are so many chinese America would be screwed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join