Chinese Dragon Awakens!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You have to remember what they have in numbers the US has in technology. A group of gorilla fighters defending a village vs a 1 tone warhead dropped by an almost invisible f117 stealth bomber would be devastating to the chinese.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA imagine a few gorila fighters trying to fight off a group ov U.S marines

[edit on 27-6-2005 by russiankid]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The thing is gorilla fighters are prepared to die. In the battle field the most dangerous thing you can have is someone who is prepared to die and thats what gives them their edge.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
yea i guess so....
uh sorry to ask this question and maybe i was sepost to read something but why would China attack Taiwan????

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I second that.

China does not like wars, China has repeatedly stated that under the condition of One China Policy, anything can be discussed.

China will only attack Taiwan if Taiwan publicly declares its independance then its a war that will definitely happen, China is willing to be set back two decades for Taiwan and sacrifice millions of people for the integrity of our nation.

USA has a VERY VERY big chance that it will not intervene militarily in a conflict with Taiwan. And a intervention would come after weeks of political debate because commitment to war with China is no small decision.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If China takes on Taiwan, it would give North Korea the opportunity to attack and invade South Korea as to keep the US occupied on both theaters, precisely what China wanted. It would be easier for China to take over Taiwan while the US would be occupied by North Korean aggression in the south.

Russia won't allow that to happen. Russia doesn't wanted to give China the pretext to venture into Siberia for oil.

I believe Russia doesn't wanted North Korea to be a nuclear power and would willing to do anything not to give China the upper-hand to use North Korea as a cover for two pronged strategies: take Taiwan and take Siberia.

We should be concentrating our special attention on the military build-up in the Sino-Russian borders instead of focusing too much on the DMZ or Taiwan.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah, there's no reason to attack out of the blue. That's something the paranoid westerners thought of. There's no rush to make Taiwan part of the PRC. Really, nobody set a time limit for that. The Taiwanese aren't all pro-independence, they ARE 98% ethnic Han Chinese after all (all of these 98% either immigrated from mainland or are descendants of mainland immigrants (Hoklo and Hakka Hans especially)). They're just suspicious of the CCP and reluctant to join. Only the real right-wing extreme types want immediate independence. The majority just want the status quo kept indefinitely, maybe until the CCP makes itself look trustworthy for once. The CCP, on the other hand, isn't going to do anything unless independence is declared (unlikely). Other than that, they got all the time in the world.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
can anybody see a WWIII coming out ov this???
and do u think that China would attack Russia for oil??? oil??? Russia??? i dont think that China would do that

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I dunno, Russian army isn't in the best shape right now, infact its basically sitting and mothballing.

China and Russia has much more common interests than opposite ideals. The biggest goal for both of them is to grow economically and militarily and supress American influence around the world, that shall bind these two countries until America is no longer a threat. India might join too but they gotta make their decision and choose a side, a compromiser always gets screwed up the A$$.

Is there a buildup on the Sino-Russo border? I wasn't aware of that, thank you for pointing that out and I shall research that.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
whatever happens i hope that Russia wount be involved... i hope that China will lose to Taiwan cuz the U.S.A will help Taiwan and i hope that China will no longer be a threat to Russia... haha actually i really dont care if China will get Taiwan all i care about is that there are no big threats to Russia

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well China will become the #1 Super power whithin the next few years and there is nothing the world can do about that. The US can either be #1 with China or they will be #2 or #3 ...etc, that all depends on how the next few years unfold.

Every big nation falls flat on its face, the US has already started to tip over. I don't know what makes you think the US is going to use death rays to defeat China if they were in conflict. There are people out there who have been planning the US's demise for many years and they aren't going to stop until it happens.

I don't think Taiwan will declare independence because it will be too messy. The US can't even beat Iraq and their military did not even fight. China is ruthless and will stop at nothing to defeat its opposition. Besides using nukes, the US can't beat China. Especially right now because it won't be economically feasible. Bankrupting the US was the plan and it has worked, they will never be able to fight a major war right now.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I highly doubt China would attack Taiwan before it's PR stunt Olympic Games in 2008.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
maybe they attack during the olympics into russia and takes the people as pows attacking taiwan, what a grad way to let the world know you are a super power!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Think about this. The very computer you're typing on, the very screen you're reading; they are built in either Taiwan, China, or both. The U.S. tech companies have put all of their baskets in asian production facilities. If we lose Taiwan or China, the U.S. tech lead will disappear overnight (or sooner in the case of an nuclear strike). In the case of Taiwan independence, or a Chinese first strike, the world will forever be altered. Technologically, socially, environmentally, everything.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
china wouldn't need to attack russia. they can get what they want by buying it

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

What happen if they don't want to sell? like a piece of the land...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What about this:

Manpower vs. Territory

No matter who it is, when ur dealing with China, Russia, and the US, even Canada, if they got in it, u can't secure the mass of territory. Resistances would have many places 2 hide, train, and prepare, wether in China, Russia, US, or Canada.

So all it'll lead 2 is Nukes, Fallout, and soon, the Apocalyspe....

Okay, maybe not that soon, but we all should know if the world is going 2 end by us Humans, it'll most likely b because of a war with China, Russia, or the US, gone 2 far, and we waste ourselves with Nukes.

That is a threat the countries r probally worried about, so although tensions r high........yeah.......do u want 2 risk it?

O', and the deal with Canada was a example.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

Originally posted by chinawhite

What happen if they don't want to sell? like a piece of the land...

why would we want any land in siberia. its like -10 minimum there.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I never felt like reading the whole thing, but from I read, if China attacks Taiwan, its not China vs the United States, its NATO vs China. Also, if they secretly want Russia, NATO and Russia would dominate anyone in the world, hell they are the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think that at the moment, China regards Taiwan in much the same way as they regarded Hong Kong - like a wayward son. True that Hong Kong was 'leased' to the UK and they loathed the decadent living, business, corruption, drug dealing and Triads and Tongs, but in the end, they knew they were going to get Hong Kong back from us Brits.

But with Taiwan, it's a differant kettle of fish. Unless Mainland China uses military action against Taiwan, there is no way that, what they regard as a renegade province - albeit US supported, and the provincial government therein - an illegal government in the eyes of the Party - can ever be anything other than a part of China.

I seriously doubt that military action will take place, because when China emerges from the distant fog as the world's greatest superpower, there will - in reality - be nobody out there to stop them crushing Taiwan either economically or for that matter, militarily. (But they do still need coal, oil, wheat, and other raw materials to feed their current growth.)

Always remember that China is a nuclear superpower. Would they use nuclear weapons in order to achieve their goals? One can only surmise that yes, perhaps they would - but at what cost.

Economically, China has already cornered the textile markets across the world, is currently undercutting several bulti-billion companies to manufacture all kinds of electrical goods and is fast approaching the time when they will be able to do just about anything they want to.
Much like what Bush is doing at the moment!

Why would the US want to invade Russia if China invades Taiwan, as one poster has suggested? What would be the point?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join