It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Dragon Awakens!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
www.washtimes.com...

"China is building its military forces faster than U.S. intelligence and military analysts expected, prompting fears that Beijing will attack Taiwan in the next two years, according to Pentagon officials.
U.S. defense and intelligence officials say all the signs point in one troubling direction: Beijing then will be forced to go to war with the United States, which has vowed to defend Taiwan against a Chinese attack. "

The release of an official Chinese government report in December called the situation on the Taiwan Strait "grim" and said the country's military could "crush" Taiwan.

China is building capabilities such as aerial refueling and airborne warning and control aircraft that can be used for regional defense and long-range power projection, Gen. Hester said.
It also is developing a maneuverable re-entry vehicle, or MARV, for its nuclear warheads. The weapon is designed to counter U.S. strategic-missile defenses, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity. The warhead would be used on China's new DF-31 long-range missiles and its new submarine missile, the JL-2.
Work being done on China's weapons and reconnaissance systems will give its military the capability to reach 1,000 miles into the sea, "which gives them the visibility on the movement of not only our airplanes in the air, but also our forces at sea," Gen. Hester said.
Beijing also has built a new tank for its large armed forces. It is known as the Type 99 and appears similar in design to Germany's Leopard 2 main battle tank. The tank is outfitted with new artillery, anti-aircraft and machine guns, advanced fire-control systems and improved engines.
The country's air power is growing through the purchase of new fighters from Russia, such as Su-30 fighter-bombers, as well as the development of its own fighter jets, such as the J-10.
Gen. Hester compared Chinese warplanes with those of the former Soviet Union, which were less capable than their U.S. counterparts, but still very deadly.
"They have great equipment. The fighters are very technologically advanced, and what we know about them gives us pause for concern against ours," he said.
Missiles also are a worry.
"It is their surface-to-air missiles, their [advanced] SAMs and their surface-to-surface missiles, and the precision, more importantly, of those surface-to-surface missiles that provide, obviously, the ability to pinpoint targets that we might have out in the region, or our friends and allies might have," Gen. Hester said.
The advances give the Chinese military "the ability ... to reach out and touch parts of the United States -- Guam, Hawaii and the mainland of the United States," he said.

Projecting power
China's rulers have adopted what is known as the "two-island chain" strategy of extending control over large areas of the Pacific, covering inner and outer chains of islands stretching from Japan to Indonesia.
"Clearly, they are still influenced by this first and second island chain," the intelligence official said.
The official said China's buildup goes beyond what would be needed to fight a war against Taiwan.
The conclusion of this official is that China wants a "blue-water" navy capable of projecting power far beyond the two island chains.

u can read the article but it looks like we are going to WW3 in the next few years. in anicase everybody get yer guns and run into the bunker.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Both China and Japan were once great powers in their hemisphere and weilded influence far beyond their borders. History and circumstance bypassed their 'time in the sun'
Japan has had it's opportunity to test the waters of international greatness through it's abortive "Greater Southeast Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" expirement of the 30s and 40s. This attempt was thwarted by the forces of the West through the ultimate use of the Atomic Bomb.

China now, it's people unified by the initial Maoist tyranny, is expanding in a similar manner, covetous of those same lands and sea lanes sought by the Japanese last century.......... and for a similar goal, dominance in their hemisphere. The forces of the West are similarly arrayed in opposition.... let us hope that an Atomic Solution is not once more tried.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
so war starts soon right... great, now we can see what secret weapons US black projects have hehehehe

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
BS, China's never gonna attack Taiwan. If you know China/Taiwan then you know what I'm talking about.

Black projects, what makes you think other countries doesn't have secret projects also?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Aww crap. I was hoping 2 b able 2 join a Spec Ops Unit b4 the Reds started a war and we got involved, if it wasn't declared on us in the begin with.

But seriously, crap 2 years!!! That is fast. Man, we better get along with NATO and Asia better 2 get ready quickly 4 this at this rate.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
BS, China's never gonna attack Taiwan. If you know China/Taiwan then you know what I'm talking about.

Black projects, what makes you think other countries doesn't have secret projects also?

Then why is there a law in china that said if it go independent then it will attack?

also i know others countries have black projects as well, but US spend like 50 billion each year on black projects so they must have something really good lol

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't see the US defending Taiwan even if we said we would they caught us at a bad time. Currently we do not have the finances or man power to wage such a large scale attack, 2 years is way to soon.

One thing is for sure though I wouldn't want to be in Taiwan.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
EEK
scary stuff. In a way i do hope th U.S and her allies flex their muscles to stop China invading Taiwan... But is it worth starting World War 3 for?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i can see china taking over taiwan... i dont know y i just can see it happening

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If china invades taiwan US better not back off or china will do the same thing in the future knowing that the US will back off again.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
y would the us fall back?? 1 of the strongest nations... if not the strongest... i mean i know that less and less people are joining the army and stuff but still...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
y would the us fall back?? 1 of the strongest nations... if not the strongest... i mean i know that less and less people are joining the army and stuff but still...

because of business in china... bush and his corporate buddies have too much business in china, besides selling democracy out to earn a few bucks is worth it for bush + china got nukes.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wow, well we better start developing contingency plans for when this does happen. And start coordinating exercises with other regional countries special forces, because those are the forces that would be most effective in these kinds of situations.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is a question of global stability, the UN will use diplomacy to bring the situation from hot back down to warm. Its been going on for some time now.

If the US would decide to defend Taiwan it would not be immediately first we would have to build up our military to a point were we are confident, Either way you would be looking at a new draft, and a possible nuclear Holocaust.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i think that they might do what they did im WWII watch laugh and then join who ever is winning.... (in WWII u.s.a didnt do much untill our tanks started to make their way to berlin)

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If China launches a 'sudden' attack on Taiwan, then I think that it will only be a 'feint', to draw UN forces in that direction, while they go for the 'real' goal - Russia. Russia has billions apon billions of oil, gold, diamonds etc and it's just over the border but unfortunately, well below the tundra in Siberia.

With her vast armed forces (about 10M under arms of some sort or the other - that estimate includes reservists etc) China could quite easily overwhelm Taiwan, hold off any US led coalition to recapture Taiwan and still have enough reserve manpower to seize most of Siberia.

Let's face it - they've already got Nepal and I would think that Mongolia would side with them, if they aren't part of China already!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
yea they'll probably get taiwan but come on! they can get russia if they will try to then the russians will test their black eagle on them or maybe some of their
MiG 1-44's so even if taiwan is just a distraction then there no way that china thinks that they can take russia

if they try then they are goners

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
so even if taiwan is just a distraction then there no way that china thinks that they can take russia

if they try then they are goners

1. America would kick Russia's but in a fight.
2. China thinks it can take Taiwan because America would not risk a fight with Mainland Asia.
3. If China thinks they can take America...then they know they can take Russia on in a fight.

BTW, America wanted to remain "neutral" in WW2. We came in because we were attacked at Pearl Harbor...because we cut off Japan's oil supply after they joined the Axis Powers.

Without The battle or Normandy... no Way Russia makes it Berlin in WW2. Russia and America worked together, because that was the only way to defeat Hitlers War Machine.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
I don't see the US defending Taiwan even if we said we would they caught us at a bad time. Currently we do not have the finances or man power to wage such a large scale attack, 2 years is way to soon.

One thing is for sure though I wouldn't want to be in Taiwan.

The US might be in trouble if this required an invasion or major ground fighting vs China, where the Chinese have numeric superiority over US forces, but that's not what would happen. It would be a naval war, pitting the US Pacific fleet against a Chinese naval invasion force headed for Taiwan. The US would win easily, the Chinese know it, and that's why it has never happened.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
1. America would kick Russia's but in a fight.

y would america fight Russia??? its the biggest country out there and one ov
the strongest 1s too
and dont be so sure that america could beat russia
-
so China will atTack Taiwan just as a distruction so that they can attack Russia??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join