It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weapons most frequently used by the spetsnaz

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
NICE PICS!!!

And as they showed in the pics, these guys r experts in hand-2-hand combat. With respect, but I think they could take anybody in a hand-2-hand fight, IN THE WORLD!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
is it a sniper rifle??? i only found one picture

Yes, and it's got a weird feature 4 a sniper rifle: Semi and Fully Automatic fire. 4 a 10-rd mag, o'goody, but 4 the 20 rd mags, it's worth it, but still, auto on a sniper rifle?
nice though

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
... it nice... u killed somebody with a sniper rifle... and now there are about 10 angry solidres or w/e after u... u can use the rifle as a assault rifle (or sub machine i have no idea)

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The vintorez is not a sniper. Its more of a special purpose rifle or something like that. It is designed for use in special operations not just as a sniper.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yeah, that's the sweat part, but the range isn't as good of say a SR-25, or a M24, but it's size makes that obvious. It's better 4 like Urban Terrian, or like thick jungles and forests I would say.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEAL Trident
O'yeah, I just mean it's harsh conpared 2 Western Training. When u pass, it's great. In a way, I feel like the training is more dangerous than the missions.
It's that bad in safety. REALLY! The actual training, yeah, like u said, but it's about ppl wondering if they're going 2 die during training that gets me. But hey, there r like 15,000 of these guys, so it can't b so bad.

P.S. That's all of Spetznaz: 15,000, even from the Navy and all.

The bold comment I felt was uneeded.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
The vintorez is not a sniper. Its more of a special purpose rifle or something like that. It is designed for use in special operations not just as a sniper.

Yeah, that's true. Kind or like the American Spec Ops SPR MK12 Rifle, that's like a sniper version from the M16.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
its just some extra info it doesnt hurt anybody besides its nice to know

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
All I'm saying is that although the training is harsh and dangerously unsafe, it can't b so bad with 15,000 in Spetznaz. Nothing bad was meant by it.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
yea i guess that nothing bad was meant by it but ive heard that they treat new guys like trash in there... the older guys make them do everything

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
\groza means "threat" in russian

... i confused groza with ygroza... lol groza=thunder

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The Vintorez VSS is my favorite weapon employed by the Spetsnaz, it's a 9x39mm weapon that's intergrally silenced like the MP-5SD3, it can fire at a rate of 600 RPM and tomcat is right, it's more a specialized weapon rather than a sniper rifle, it's range is only about 400 meters which is insuficient for a sniper rifle, it's more of a SMG/Assault/Sniper rifle hybrid.

The Russian forces DO use some western weapons like the MP-5, I don't know about the Spetsnaz though.

I am also a big fan of the AK-103 and the AN-94, i'm not sure if Spetsnaz use the AN-94 yet though.

Here is a picture of the Vintorez VSS.

[edit on 3/7/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
...... the spetsnaz are using the AN-94

and... fixing ur image...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I wonder if the AN-94 will be used by Army regulars as well...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's 2 hard 2 disassemble and assemble. It's a good weapon, but it's better 4 special forces, who r experts, so they can use them easily.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by SEAL Trident]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by russiankid

no american guns, only russian ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Does anybody know if they use any shotguns beside the Saiga.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wow, that's crazy, SpetsNaz is a lil more expanded then you think. First of all, you have to understand, it's a generic term for special forces, for instance, the VFV, Counter terror teams Alfa and Vympel, and a few earlier mentioned examples in this forum, are all "SpetzNaz" The term has over time been equated more and more, (Mostly by russian politicians intentionally) for anything out of the norm. There's also Naval SpetzNaz groups, and other things. Uh if necessary they will carry Western weapons. More often then not, if you seem them training, your going to see them carrying Kalishnikov or other eastern weapons. But please don't believe they won't carry American weaponry for instance, if they're going to be performing operations, in a theatre with american troops, if it suits their needs. M16's have been being captured and sent to the soviets/russians since Vietnam. I heard on a documentary once, that US Seals total about 2000, Per the entire Navy. So as widespread as the different SpetzNaz units are, 15000 to 30000 would be my guess. Key word here is Guess. Here's my question, I've been doing research trying to find pics of Spetsnaz, carrying their "Kitted" Weapons. Also, A random note, During the soviet era, (And I'm sure for some time after due to reorganization, Soviet Armies, (yes plural) were broken up into 3 kinds, A, B, C. Rather, instead of armies, let's say "Units" So, a Garrison reserve far in siberia, would probably be a C, Equipped with outdated equipment and much poorer training. Type B, which I'd guess is the most common, Are more like your common infantry. (Please note, since the Russians don't advertise this sort of stuff, that much, especially not in english, it's very hard to know when something is still up to date or correct. But there is a lot more to SpetzNaz, then say, the SEALS, I hear that they originate from the Guards Minelayers units. Bunch of food for thought, please note I've been trying to research this stuff the past week, so, Some of the sources are, or were, probably inaccurate. But this is some of the information I've come up with. By the way the SPR, Was originally mean to be a receiver for the M4, and was later upgraded into a Separated weapon Program. The VSS Vintorez, is most likely a Quiet special purpose support weapon. For being able to place Accurized support fire, in a specific area without immediately giving away your location. Did you guys know a lot of the worlds sniper rifle systems, except for anti-material rifles, Are generally built for a range of.. say, 6 to 1000M with a lot of them being closer to the 800M. The SVD for instance was intended to increase the range of the standard squad to 600Y. A lot of the sniper systems are used at less than 400M. Anyways, I hope I didn't go too far offtopic, and I also hope this helps anyone who was looking for anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hi, this might be a "dead" thread but I found it today so, ill share some intel that I got about spetznas, a relative to me is as we speak a operative in the spetznas, I dont know wich regement nor unit, but he go 6 years of training for the spetznas when he was 25 he started hes special forces training and joined the army when he was 18. He has seen action in afghanistan, iraq, checneya, africa and some other places. About the weapons, I dont know "all" the weapons they use but I know one thing and that is that he uses a special built SVD its not the clasical wood version, its in some black coloured material. He also have another rifle that looks like a SVD but with a silencer. He uses a "leshi" suit looks like a ordinary ghillie suit but it is alot more conftable. Ive never seen him with a helmet. Hes entire unit(except him) were killed in iraq 1 year ago including hes best childhood friend. I dont think that he is sane anymore, he has stopt writing to me so I guess that hes either dead or lost in action.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join