It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abuse and torture found at Gitmo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
“Duh” you say? Not so fast.

It turns out, that there is a great deal of abuse going on at Gitmo, even today after all the world press claiming that detainee’s are being tortured. But it’s not the detainee’s that are getting abused and tortured at Gitmo: It’s the US servicemen caring for them.

What I Saw At Gitmo

“By Lt. Col. Gordon Cucullu
FrontPageMagazine.com | June 27, 2005

Last week, I was privileged to be part of a Department of Defense trip to the Joint Task Force - Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. I got to see the operations of this “controversial” facility up-close – something particularly important after Sen. Richard Durbin’s comparison of its guard to Nazi stormtroopers and calls of leftists to shut the center down. Our group went to GITMO to check out tales that the military was being too tough on these terrorist detainees. We left convinced that America is being extraordinarily lenient – far too lenient.

After speaking with soldiers, sailors, and civilians who collectively staff Gitmo, I left convinced that abuse definitely exists at the detention facilities, and it typically fails to receive the press attention it deserves: it’s the relentless, merciless attacks on American servicemen and women by these terrorist thugs. Many of the orange jumpsuit-clad detainees fight their captors at every opportunity, openly bragging of their desire to kill Americans. One has promised that, if released, he would find MPs in their homes through the internet, break into their houses at night, and “cut the throats of them and their families like sheep.” Others claim authority and vindication to kill women, children, and other innocents who oppose their jihadist mission authorized by the Koran (the same one that hangs in every cell from a specially-designed holder intended to protect it from a touching the cell floor – all provided at U.S. taxpayer expense). One detainee was heard to tell another: “One day I will enjoy sucking American blood, although their blood is bitter, undrinkable….” These recalcitrant detainees are known euphemistically as being “non-compliant.” They attack guards whenever the soldiers enter their cells, trying to reach up under protective facemasks to gouge eyes and tear mouths. They make weapons and try to stab the guards or grab and break limbs as the guards pass them food…”

Wow.

Here is an interesting fact regarding detainee’s at Gitmo quoted from the article:

“Of the estimated 70,000 battlefield captures that were made in Afghanistan, only a tiny percentage, something on the order of 800-plus, were eventually evacuated to GITMO. These were the worst of the worst. More than 200 have been released back to their home country – if the U.S. is assured that the detainees would not be tortured by local authorities upon return….”

I feel sorry for the US personnel charged with caring for these terrorists. They need to go though so much trouble and effort to care for the scum of the earth only to get berated and villainized by the press and world opinion. The restraint of these people is nothing short of awe inspiring.

Its too bad so many people have fallen for the terrorist propaganda methods. They claim abuse to the media, the media knows abuse sells papers and runs with it. Viola! Instant scandal and international hatred of the USA.

The truth is these scumbags are treated better than most regular American prisoners are in the USA prison system. Most of these guys are eating better than they ever have and getting medical treatment that would never have been available to them. And all this for doing what they love the most: Shooting at Americans! Allah Akbar!!!

[edit on 27-6-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Funny, if you cannot vilify US efforts on the WOT, you get scilence. Good find skippytjc

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
“week, I was privileged to be part of a Department of Defense trip to the Joint Task Force - Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

An officially organized and sanctioned trip? I see. And this is supposed to make me believe that all is well at Gitmo and the prisoners are treated with kid gloves? Sounds like a whole lotta propaganda to me. Scary to think there are those out there who will believe this b.s.

After speaking with soldiers, sailors, and civilians who collectively staff Gitmo, I left convinced that abuse definitely exists at the detention facilities, and it typically fails to receive the press attention it deserves: it’s the relentless, merciless attacks on American servicemen and women by these terrorist thugs. Many of the orange jumpsuit-clad detainees fight their captors at every opportunity, openly bragging of their desire to kill Americans.

So as I understand it, if you were locked up without charge for months and years on end, in contravention of the Geneva Conventions, you would kiss the feet of your captors. Get real.

What a ridiculous little argument this is. Terrorists? I say the only ones spawning terror are your government. Add propaganda to the mix and no wonder people who do not want to look at ALL the activities of their government in a honest and forthright manner believe this crap.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Good post Skippy, if I was a guard at GB these Scum would get a rifle-butt upside the head for breakfast and a kick in the balls for lunch. Anyone of them that threatened the guards or their families would get an M-16 clip emptied into their chest.....right in front of their friends.

It makes me SICK with rage to see people crying about their "rights" and "evidence".

Theres no way you can use civilian courts to try these scum, cause these POSs were picked up on the battlefield and the ACLU would find a loophole to get them off.....to fly at our throats again and again. Those Guards at GB have more patience than I could ever have and I salute them.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Its funny: For somebody "Alwayslearning" you certainly take the hook line and sinker easily.

Terrorists trained to claim abuse if captured claim abuse. The media gets the story and runs with it. You, and all the other "haters" rejoice with glee that you can hate the USA even further.

But not one shred of credible proof of abuse has been published regarding Gitmo. A story by Newsweek that was retracted, some Amnesty international claims and that’s it. And those guys didn’t have anything but data acquired from a few detainee's! Find me one "guilty" prisoner in the whole world that doesn’t claim abuse or innocence.

But, you haters don’t need credible proof to try and convict the USA, just the stories to fuel your hatred. Once you hear it, no matter what the source, it MUST be true.

Not one instance of abuse at Gitmo has had any trials or rulings that prove abuse or even imply abuse let alone any convictions. But that doesn’t matter you, because if the terrorists say they are being abused by Americans, then they are being abused.

Those people held at Gitmo are the most vile, dangerous, manipulative monsters on the planet. And due to some peoples hatred of the USA, you side with and believe anything these guys feed to you.

No proof: No abuse. Period.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
I say the only ones spawning terror are your government.

then wat Al Qaeda did against Shiites and other non-believers is the resistance eh? u care about these people, if Osama is hurt u be like nooooo not my hero, bet u have a picture of him on yer wall with candles and the Koran etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Its funny: For somebody "Alwayslearning" you certainly take the hook line and sinker easily.

LOL - Skippy, I was thinking the same of you
If there's nothing to hide there why not charge the so-called criminals and bring them to justice, or at the very least let an independent body do spot checks? No, its because there is something to hide there. And this article is just to assuage the people who are getting angrier and angrier about the whole situation.

By the way, fyi - I do not hate America or Americans. I have many American friends and family. What I do find impossible to abide is U.S. foreign policy which is despicable and has been for a long time, as well as the blind and laughable loyalty that Americans like you project to the world when there is so much information out there to prove that the activities of the American government are far from honourable.

Good citizens of the world have a duty to question what their governments do and why and who benefits. This is how you demonstrate your love for your country. The mainstream media is owned and controlled by the the elite rich, so although to you it appears liberal....its a ruse...they will tell you what they want you to know. Its your duty to look beyond to alternative media and investigate for yourself! Most everything seems fishy to me these days.

[edit on 27/6/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

I say the only ones spawning terror are your government.

then wat Al Qaeda did against Shiites and other non-believers is the resistance eh? u care about these people, if Osama is hurt u be like nooooo not my hero, bet u have a picture of him on yer wall with candles and the Koran etc.

What are you, 5 years old?

Research for yourself - just days before 9/11, Osama bin Laden was in an American hospital in Saudi Arabia getting treatment for his kidney problems. He was visited by the CIA... Cozy, huh?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Good post Skippy!

I say if the detainess can't handle life at GITMO, then let's put them in some of our prisons here is the US. I'm sure they love the xperience there

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

[

What are you, 5 years old?

Research for yourself - just days before 9/11, Osama bin Laden was in an American hospital in Saudi Arabia getting treatment for his kidney problems. He was visited by the CIA... Cozy, huh?

tsk tsk thats the way u do it eh, trying to get back at me by assuming wat age i am
, he was visited by the CIA?
o yeah u believe that.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

tsk tsk thats the way u do it eh, trying to get back at me by assuming wat age i am
o yeah u believe that.

This is surprising? Wasn't he trained and funded by the CIA?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

o yeah u believe that.

This is surprising? Wasn't he trained and funded by the CIA?

he along with Afghans and Arabs were helped by the CIA to fight the Soviets, i believe he says never worked with the CIA even wen both had the same agenda against the Soviets. he is the source, dont tell me that u dont believe his words do ya?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
AlwaysLearning ,
Links, proof, did you see OBL yourself being interviewed by the CIA? Or is this your person viewpoint? Such staments that you have made, need to have something to back them or else they will wither be ignored or ridiculed.
Nice find there Skippytjc

Too bad as FredT mentioned, if it is not anti us then it does not get much press.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Alwayslearning:

That’s the problem. You ASSUME guilt even though there is no proof, just allegations from prisoners.

But I am naive because I ASSUME innocence without the presence of proof or a judgment from a trial?

I don’t know where you live, but where I live you are innocent until proven guilty. And not one claim of abuse at Gitmo has amounted to anything more than an accusation from a disgruntled detainee and some retracted statements from a couple of media outlets. That’s it.

Your hatred has made your senses clouded and your judgment easily swayed. To believe that there is abuse at Gitmo solely from the detainee statements shows your automatic nature to hate anything regarding America. You even forgo the most basic fundamentals of law: Innocence until proven guilty, so long as it furthers you agenda of hatred against the USA.

The terrorist propaganda machine has worked on you. ALLAH AKBAR!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You know, its not up to me to convince you and I don't really want to argue. Just want to provide you with information to get you started on your own research. Truth is stranger than fiction so they say. But the Bin Ladens and Bushes have been in bed together for a very long time. So why would you be surprised to find out that they know where he is and where he was prior to 9/11 because they saw him? There's enough information out there to make one question and delve further. Here's one to start you off: Bin Laden, the Enemy?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
AlwaysLearning, again you have backed you claims that OBL was visited by CIA while in an American operated hospital in Saudi Arabia. I read the entire link and 99% of the info has been posted and reposted here and on other forums with no real substance to back them up.
Sorry

joi

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So we have reviews of Gitmo from Lt. Col. Gordon Cucullu for frontpage, and the CNN military analyst Maj. Gen. Don Shepperd (www.cnn.com...)

At least the CNN article admitted that Shepperd hadnt actually seen inmates minus interrogations. The frontpage article was nothing but a woohhoo Gitmo piece on an online conservative mag.

Ill use the same approach most Republicans do on ATS. Front Page is righty Propoganda. Hell they sell tshirts stating hippies smell ,stomp liberals, so how bias was that article? I don't trust a word of it.

I also have issues with the fact that both article were based on controlled visits by military men. Not that it makes a difference really. A controlled visit to Gitmo really doesent prove much to me.

Below are documents the government did not want the general public to read -- including an FBI memo (pdf) stating that Defense Department interrogators impersonated FBI agents and used "torture techniques" against a detainee at Guantanamo.

action.aclu.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Oh My God!

That Poor Guards!

How they Suffer!

skippytjc, you are grabing the straws here, meaning this is a pretty much desperate post.

Dont you think that the Guards would kick the CRAP out of any detainee, if he just looks funny at him? If they would attack guards, they would get punished really bad in my opinion.

But HEY - apparently the Author of this News does not have such common sense and logic as Normal people do.

Great Conservative Propaganda source site - did you order your T-Shirt yet?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
With respect to the men and women at gitmo, this is standard for all prisons.
The prisnors over here and in the USA do threaten people and get people to hurt the prison guards families.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This must be the first time in history that anyone claims prison guards are being
tortured by detainees !!!!!

YOU HAVE OUTDONE YOURSELF ONCE AGAIN

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join