It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is next....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We are about two years into this war on terrorism and Afghanisitan and Iraq have been attacked. But the question is, who is next?

Iran is the most likely target, due to there plans of building a nuclear weapon. An attack could come closer due to Iran blocking US officials to interrogate the al-Qaeda suspects it has arrested.

news.bbc.co.uk...

North Korea admitted that it broke an agreement with the US about building nuclear weapons. This shocked a world, who thought US would attack North Korea. But the events now show that China is holding six-way talks to try to stop a crisis.

The final possible target is Saudi Arabia. US believe the Saudi Arabia isn't doing enough to stop Al Qauda and has threaten to get involed. The countrie is believed to be a hiding place for Al Qauda members and the CIA said that nearly all the hijackers on Sept 11th came from Saudi Arabia.We all know about Saudi Arabia oil fields and this could be another likely reason why an attack could happen.

This is my view on the countries who are likely to be next, but feel free to add your views on which countries you believed to be next.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What about Seria is it off the list? THere were significant threats made during the war on Iraq toward Seria by President Bush and his lackies...what of them now?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think the next target could well be North Korea if the US and UK have their ways.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What about Seria is it off the list?

nope i just forgot thats all

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think it will prob be syria or Iran, the US and UK already have alot of assets still in the region. So they would seem to be the logical choices. But i wouldnt rule out N korea.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Alot of assets i amnot sure waht you mean do u mean allies?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Sorry
Tanks, Planes, Troops Etc

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Id put money on Iran. They are next door to Iraq, so we wouldnt have to go far, and, it would complete that pathway, us having troops in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran, this giving us control of a very important coridor. The pipeline from Afghanistan can be run through iran, linking to Iraq, and then spreading further to israel and the west.

North Korea we will simply ignore, because there is no value to the country economically or strateigically speaking.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
That would certainly make sense from the oil standpoint.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The US waited to see if there was an upraising in Iran, but nothing happen. I think the US is just watching Iran and see what happens. I could see another attack on one of these countries by november.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What about Seria is it off the list?

Syria has been quietly "playing ball" with us lately, because they know they were next.... If current trends continue....Iran. But, my gut tells me that Iran won't let it go that far before it too "plays ball"....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogueTrooper
Sorry
Tanks, Planes, Troops Etc

I see what you mean military bases in other countries.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
we will have to wait and see what happens over the next couple of months........

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I would say Syria and Iran are the most logical targets. However a military conflict with them might not be neccessary as we have proved our point with Afghanistan and Iraq. Someplace in Africa might be possible as well.

new topics

top topics

join