It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors find dead fetus in boy's abdomen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Since we seem to be having a run or Boy with periods et al. stories, I thought this one would fit the mill.

Doctors in Bangladesh say they have removed a long-dead foetus from the abdomen of a teenage boy who was complaining of stomach pains.
They said the foetus would have become the boy's twin had it grown normally in their mother's womb.

They said it was a case of an extremely rare condition where two foetuses are conceived as conjoined twins but one absorbs the other.
Fetus

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The reproductive process is not as neat, tidy or safe as our cocoon of good medical practices and facilities would mislead us to believe.

In the modern industrial world we forget that unaided by medicine [and even aided with it] miscarriages are pretty common, along with deformities and other problems. With modern medicine the death of the mother is relatively uncommon, but historically childbirth was one of the leading causes of death for women.

My young cat recently had a [her first] litter of kittens, they were all deformed. I think that may be because she had a virus, but it could be common with the first litter.

In our imaginations, life is this perfect plastic iconic thing, but that is mostly a comforting delusion. We don't see the slaughter of beef and ocean fish to put on our plates & The sewage that has to be treated. We really live in little bubbles in the advanced world and need to check ourselves from time to time to not forget the more brutal aspects of reality.

I think this is also one of the reasons people deny evolution. They only see the near-perfect outcomes and forget all the failed attempts at life & survival and the brutality that goes to support us at the top of the food chain. It makes it much easier to be deluded into imagining God's perfect creation. Reality Check - it ain't so perfect.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by slank]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Watched a few specials on this subject on the Discovery Health channel.

These boys/girls are born with their "Twin" inside of them. Often, it is alive, but it is not formed (No brain, a "Parasite). Sometimes it is dead and may pose malignant danger. There was a famous case of a man like this with arms sticking out of his abdomon. He could feel when people touched those arms.

It's weird, somewhat freaky at the same time, but it's all a very small chance of this happening.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Poor Kid,

I don't know how I would react if I discovered I had been carrying around my dead brother in my gut for 16 years.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I believe this condition is called Fetus-in-fetu.

some of them actually develop to about 1 to 3 month old only...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is nasty.

After reading this everytime I have a stomach ache I'm going to think I have a brainless twin brother living in my abdomen sucking my blood

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Im sorry for that kid but that is just disgusting.

new topics

top topics

join