It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAL finds no takers for LCA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
HAL finds no takers for LCA
By Madhuprasad DH News Service, Bangalore:
More than four-and-a-half years after its first flight, India’s prestigious aeronautical project the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), has stumbled on a roadblock. As of now, there are no takers for the indigenous aircraft.

The Indian Air Force (IAF), the only projected customer at present, has not placed an order for even a single aircraft so far with the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) – the production house.

The IAF chief, during the Aero India 2005, claimed that the IAF would place orders for 40 aircraft but there have not been any concrete developments on this front. HAL, on the other hand, has launched the Limited Series Production (LSP) of the LCA.

Production is supposed to commence in 2006-07 to be completed by 2007-08.

www.deccanherald.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
dont read what yo want read only

same paper

deccanherald.com...

Deccan Herald » News Update » Detailed Story
LCA development on schedule
Bangalore: UNI

A senior Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Scientist asserted that despite marginal time delays, the indigenous development of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas was going on as per schedule.

The development and the test flights of three of the prototypes-- Technology Demonstrator one and two and Prototype one were proceeding smoothly, the scientist said, adding that the fourth aircraft, Tejas PV2 was likely to take to the skies in a month's time.

Taking to newspersons here on Saturday on the sidelines of the Annual General Meeting of the Bangalore Chapter of the Aeronautical Society of India, Mr J K Sharma, Chief Executive of the Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC), the certification authority in India for military aircraft, informed that the weaponisation of the multirole fighter aircraft was also progressing well.

He said the eight series production order from the Indian Air Force for Tejas would be ahead of schedule and the fighter should be ready for induction into the IAF by 2010, as per the revised development schedule.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirza2003
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
dont read what yo want read only

same paper

deccanherald.com...

Deccan Herald » News Update » Detailed Story
LCA development on schedule
Bangalore: UNI

A senior Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Scientist asserted that despite marginal time delays, the indigenous development of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas was going on as per schedule.

The development and the test flights of three of the prototypes-- Technology Demonstrator one and two and Prototype one were proceeding smoothly, the scientist said, adding that the fourth aircraft, Tejas PV2 was likely to take to the skies in a month's time.

Taking to newspersons here on Saturday on the sidelines of the Annual General Meeting of the Bangalore Chapter of the Aeronautical Society of India, Mr J K Sharma, Chief Executive of the Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC), the certification authority in India for military aircraft, informed that the weaponisation of the multirole fighter aircraft was also progressing well.

He said the eight series production order from the Indian Air Force for Tejas would be ahead of schedule and the fighter should be ready for induction into the IAF by 2010, as per the revised development schedule.

You @#$%.... this is about the LCA development not whos going to buy it

[edit on 27-6-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
read the last para

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Induction starting in 2010 and thats already early, wow.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
could someone point me to a topic about this aircraft or site?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
oh boy here we go again more india bashing

Ok it is thier first indegenious aircraft.
A lot of aircraft projects have taken longer than this and have endured critisizm similiar to this.

here is some info as some one requested , start here:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirza2003
read the last para

MY ARTICLE IS ABOUT TAKERS FOR THE LCA NOT IF ITS READY

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by siddarthpanditv

oh boy here we go again more india bashing

Ok it is thier first indegenious aircraft.
A lot of aircraft projects have taken longer than this and have endured critisizm similiar to this.

here is some info as some one requested , start here:
en.wikipedia.org...

all you will get is from stealth and china white is both bashing each other's countries on most topics

thanks for the link
see they had problems with this from day one

its early day's
and there are always countries that need a cheap alternitive to their air craft

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

all you will get is from stealth and china white is both bashing each other's countries on most topics

thanks for the link
see they had problems with this from day one

its early day's
and there are always countries that need a cheap alternitive to their air craft

yeah i know what you mean. Whoever says that LCA has/had no problems from the beginning to now and is a flawless aircraft is an idiot.

The plane has been plauged with problems which are bieng solved one by one and hence the time bieng extended for its release.

But you know what, it will serve as a huge learning experience for future aircraft designs even if it fails, and you just cannot "buy" indigenious design skills.

And lastly self-reliance is the key in politics. look at pakistan for example. The USA gave them f-16s but then placed an embargo on them after they tested thier nukes. So the pakistan airforce has f-16s without repair parts/expertise. The Pak AF f-16's were good museum pieces no doubt.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Thursday confirmed an order for 40 Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) with the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), including 20 opitional purchases at a total cost of Rs 4000 crore.

He said the ADA had already been asked to hasten the LCA project and was sure that the delivery would be on schedule with all necessry flying hours logged. Three developmental aircraft had already logged 357 sorties, he said and added the first twin seater LCA was expected to be ready within the next one-and-half years, he added.

Replying to a question, he said the decision of the Air Force to go in for 126 multi role fighters in the 20 tonne class had nothing to do with the delay in the induction of LCA. "We needed different aircraft in the airforce fleet. Don't mix up purchase of 126 aircraft with the LCA" he added.

link

and cowlan, making a big deal of 2010 eh ?

2010 will be full scale prodution, while induction will start in 2008

LCA Tejas to be inducted in 2008

well the J-10 is apparently stuck with production problems as the israelis did not transfer any technology related to its production. So the LCA might beat it to production. And while the Kaveri has recently passed all tests after its problematic past the chinese copied engine is still not proven, nor has any J-10 fitted with it flown.

Its no secret that the LCA's development was painful with teting setbacks in its engine & radar and that it uses some imported parts but if someone says the LCA took 20 years to develop, so its a bad plane as some participating ex-chinese have previously said, then tell them about how thier j-10 too took ~20 years to develop and was marred by problematic and solw development and had crashes, one of which even killed its chief test pilot.and all this depite significant russian involvement and over the widely known fact that it is nothing but a modified version of cancelled israeli Lavi.

So much for LCA bashing, take a look at your own thing before you start flaming around...as i recall "A person living in a glass house should'nt throw stones at others"

Bordul here is a cool link for you :
LCA Tejas pdf file; save it and read

and the LCA's official website with weekly progress updates : www.ada.gov.in...

and www.ada.gov.in...

and i've also read interviews with the HAL chief saying that Chile may be intrested in the LCA, but i honestly believe that although the Tejas has export potential it is very premature to talk about the same

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Thursday confirmed an order for 40 Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) with the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), including 20 opitional purchases at a total cost of Rs 4000 crore.

The IAF chief, during the Aero India 2005, claimed that the IAF would place orders for 40 aircraft but there have not been any concrete developments on this front. HAL, on the other hand, has launched the Limited Series Production (LSP) of the LCA.

My aritcle is a lot more newer compared to your one

well the J-10 is apparently stuck with production problems as the israelis did not transfer any technology related to its production. So the LCA might beat it to production. And while the Kaveri has recently passed all tests after its problematic past the chinese copied engine is still not proven, nor has any J-10 fitted with it flown.

The first thing you forgot israel never started production of the LAVI and the J-10 doesn't use any Laavi components

the J-10 has been in production since 2002. i think by now it has already got all the problems out now..

The Kaveri is a low-power low-tech turbofan engine. chinas engine is in testing/interduction that will have more thrust than a AL-31F

Please provide links to these so-called test because last time i heard it failed a test in russia

So much for LCA bashing, take a look at your own thing before you start flaming around...as i recall "A person living in a glass house should'nt throw stones at others"

The J-10 has a customer but it seems the LCA doesn't

and i've also read interviews with the HAL chief saying that Chile may be intrested in the LCA, but i honestly believe that although the Tejas has export potential it is very premature to talk about the same

How long ago was this?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Its no secret that the LCA's development was painful with teting setbacks in its engine & radar and that it uses some imported parts but if someone says the LCA took 20 years to develop, so its a bad plane as some participating ex-chinese have previously said, then tell them about how thier j-10 too took ~20 years to develop and was marred by problematic and solw development and had crashes, one of which even killed its chief test pilot.and all this depite significant russian involvement and over the widely known fact that it is nothing but a modified version of cancelled israeli Lavi.

The reason the J-10 took so long to develop was because it started off as a air superioty fighter meant to challenge soviet 4th generation fighters to a multi-role fighter.

the LCA uses significant imported parts and foreign help.(dont mention J-10 becuase i already know)

[szie=4]heres where stealthspy quotes his things from
www.geocities.com...

look at this site. un-updated from 2002. links are all from indian websites.

stealthspy

that it is nothing but a modified version of cancelled israeli Lavi

from site

However, it ended up being a modification of Israel's Lavi

no wonder this guy doesn't have a clue what his talking about most of the time his sources are all un-updated.

here stealthspy update your reading

A number of photos and drawings of the J-10 appeared on the Internet over the past few years. Some of the earlier images included here turned out to be fake. Usually these were retouched photos of the 'Lavi'. This might have been a deliberate attempt to promote the belief that the J-10 was a derivative of 'Lavi'.

www.aeronautics.ru...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
when somebody push rod in you chinkcom A$$ than effect will be the same as what Nixon's is

Indians are "a slippery, treacherous people", said president Richard Nixon. "The Indians are bastards anyway. They are the most aggressive goshdarned people around," echoed his assistant for national security affairs, Henry Kissinger. The setting: a White House meeting on July 16, 1971, during the run-up to the India-Pakistan war which ultimately led to the birth of Bangladesh, erstwhile East Pakistan.

what india did at that time is no doubt very hawkish and pain in the A$$ of US

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
[heres where stealthspy quotes his things from
www.geocities.com...

look at this site. un-updated from 2002. links are all from indian websites.

stealthspy

that it is nothing but a modified version of cancelled israeli Lavi

from site

However, it ended up being a modification of Israel's Lavi

no wonder this guy doesn't have a clue what his talking about most of the time his sources are all un-updated.

here stealthspy update your reading

A number of photos and drawings of the J-10 appeared on the Internet over the past few years. Some of the earlier images included here turned out to be fake. Usually these were retouched photos of the 'Lavi'. This might have been a deliberate attempt to promote the belief that the J-10 was a derivative of 'Lavi'.

www.aeronautics.ru...

Although i am acquainted with that unupdated site i can assure i did'nt make any attempt to quote stuff from it, infact my ststement came right from me and not the 2002 updated link.

Come on chinawhite, although some people deny it, isint it common knodwledge that the J-10 is based on the Lavi's design ? i mean i can post that whole series of sources saying so which i have done alredy posted a few times...i mean your own source also says so.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Come on chinawhite, although some people deny it, isint it common knodwledge that the J-10 is based on the Lavi's design ? i mean i can post that whole series of sources saying so which i have done alredy posted a few times...i mean your own source also says so.

well thats what i have been saying all along

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
thanks for the links
i couldn't download the pdf

The file was removed.
Reason: Hosting period expired.

and some( most of the pages dont work on the othet site
)

apart from that it was a good read
from the stats it looks like a very credible air craft
for something at that stage

how much does it cost for each air craft

to build and maintain?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
21million for one. compared to 30million for a SU-30

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
bordul, the article is re-hosted here :

www.aero.iitb.ac.in:8081...

and this is another must see page : www.acig.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
... question: who are HAL and what is LCA???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join