It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

proof of things

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
okay guys...here's my take on your theories. there's no proof of any of it. you come show me the illuminati, the baby eater, and big foot. come bring him to me.

here's the deal about the phrase "what proof is there that ____ doesn't exist?"

no proof is proof enough. there's no proof that i can turn staves into snakes, but every1 knows i can't. its common sense.

if there is no proof of the existance, the chances are about 99% that they don't exist.

have you ever thought that maybe things ARE as they seem. people get rich off your gulibility.

just think about the things without proof but a picture. pictures= no proof anyway. you can easily fake some sighting of big foot by dressing a man in a costume




posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure." - Charles Crumb

Well, I guess there is no real point in someone like you hanging around here then, huh? You seem to have it all answered, packaged and ready to ship. Yep, no more mysteries for you to solve? Like you say, things ARE as they seem. Case closed. Nothing to see here.

Ok, bye bye now!!



posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
you're mocking me no?

i read the bible, but im athiest wanna know why? because its interesting, even if it isn't true.



posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zickddot
okay guys...here's my take on your theories. there's no proof of any of it. you come show me the illuminati, the baby eater, and big foot. come bring him to me.

There is no proof of anything in the entirety of existance! Evidence and probability is all we have! And I don't mean mathematical concepts which are contained entirely in the forumulas themselves, I mean for everything else.



here's the deal about the phrase "what proof is there that ____ doesn't exist?"
no proof is proof enough. there's no proof that i can turn staves into snakes, but every1 knows i can't. its common sense.

There is no proof that you even exist! There is no proof that anything is real, there is no proof that this whole world is not just some giant dream! There is not even a clear definition of what "real" means, just some theories and ideas and assumptions.

Everyone does NOT know you can't turn staves into snakes. They assume you can't because it is not a normal human ability (from everyone's individual definition of "normal human ability" from their personal experience with other humans), and because they've never seen you turn a stave into a snake. So they assign a high probability that you can't. But it is never a certainty. One day someone will turn a stave into a snake, even tho everyone KNEW he couldn't, and from that day on, people won't so easily assume that you can't do it. Common sense is only common until someone does the "impossible", then common sense changes to accomodate and redefines itself.

Just like 200 years ago everyone knew that there is no "flying machines" that humans can use to fly in, and so if you live back then, everyone "knew" that you never flew in one of them! Of course, it all changed when suddenly flying machines are commonplace, and no longer do people assume that others have not flown in one. So with anything, it is just a matter of probability of how likely or unlikely something is, until someone demonstrates something, or invents something, and then probability changes to accomodate the new reality.



if there is no proof of the existance, the chances are about 99% that they don't exist.

This is your assumption, the chances could be 50%, could be 20%, could be 1%. I have no proof of your existance, so I guess the chances are 99% that you don't exist, right? Even if I saw you in person I could say this is not proof, you could just be someone else in a human costume, pretending to be "you". Or you could be a super high technological hologram that feels and sounds like a person, but is not! Could be anything! I can't be abosolutely certain, and as such, I have no PROOF! Therefore, chances are 99% that you're not real after all, right?




have you ever thought that maybe things ARE as they seem. people get rich off your gulibility.

Yes, people do get rich off of gullibility of people who think that things ARE as they seem! Have you ever seen a magic trick? How about the one where the person in a box SEEMS to be sawn in half? Have you ever seen a murder movie where it seems like the killer is somebody, and then it turns out it was someone else?

The fact is, there is TONS of evidence that suggests that there are things out there that are not acknowledged by the majority of people, the government, or any other "official" source. No, there rarely is a "smoking gun", but just because there is no "proof" does not make something 99% false! You took that number right out of your butt, and declared it to be so. But more than that, there is no such THING as proof, as I've explained above. Anything can be denied, anything can be just an illusion! Certainties do not exist on the human level.



just think about the things without proof but a picture. pictures= no proof anyway. you can easily fake some sighting of big foot by dressing a man in a costume


Yup, you can just as easily fake a terrorist attack and blame it on some mythical group of non-existant hijackers.... Pictures are not proof. Video is not proof. Even seeing something is not proof, unless you've never seen a mirage or a magic trick and may naively assume that seeing is proof. Nothing is PROOF! But there IS such thing as evidence, even if it is not absolute, and one does not have to have absolute certainty in order to have a pretty good idea!

For example, there is plenty of evidence that the US government's official story of how 911 happened has more holes than swiss cheese. There is also lots of evidence that Mossad was involved, and elements of US government were involved as well. There is also evidence just by looking at who benefitted, and understanding that the culprit is very often the one who benefits most from a crime. Ask any investigator!

Again, this is not "proof" of anything. But there is a mountain of evidence that if taken together, creates a very very high probability of a certain reality, which contradicts what the majority accept as "true" and "real". It may be "common sense" today, but it may just as easily be "absurd" tomorrow.

Just my 2 cents


[edit on 27-6-2005 by lilblam]




top topics
 
0

log in

join