It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA Seeking World Domination ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There is some supporting evidence with supporting events such as the invasion of Iraq, and the impending invasion of Iran, Syria, and North Korea, or issues associated with the Kyoto accords and ignoring the UN when they feel like it.

So do you think that the USA has intentions to dominate the World primarily using the fight against terrorism as their excuse, or is their involvement in everything a natural consequence of their size and power.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The neo-con agenda of the incumbent Bush administration is not a statement of viable US policy. It is economically and politically non-viable and it has relied on constant and consistent fraud and deception.

Similarly, relative size and power do not naturally lead to foreign incursions and occupations.

But the temporary phenomenon of corrupt agenda plus relative size and power enables the Bush-led US to pick off a few prize apples. These have little to do with national security or any peace or anti-terror process. They are predetermined for strategic positioning and profits. (If many of the know terrorists in the world are trained in Saudi Arabia and Egypt, why not change the regimes in those countries?)

If the people of the US do not bring it to an end soon, if they continue to be duped by media and misinformation, if there continues to be widespread cognitive dissonance and failure to act in the public good while liberty and prosperity go down the toilet, then ultimately it will be labelled as the US doing this, no longer the unfortunate accident (read: coup) that is Bush.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Bush and Cheney or pinky and the brain with mastermind father?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If America wanted to rule the world, we would have done it during the Cold War. Communism could be used to focus the West's power a lot more then terrorism.

America already does rule the world in ways. We have hegemony just about everywhere at this point. There's no one that can compete with us in international politics, and won't be for some time still.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Not likely the cold war was a face off between to powers beleived to be equalls the damage from anywar that could have happened then may have ended the world.

Iraq is nothing more then the murder of a defenseless opponant a genocide.

America is responsable for almost 2 million innocent deaths in that country. 9/11 was pretty fishy too I would'nt trust the CIA on that.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Plus you owe the world babnk almost 8 trillion and that means in about 2012 America's reign on the world ends.

America is not as invincable as you think China for instance would most likely wipe America out. Iran will prove to be a worthy adversary

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Well the US administartion had been metioning the "grand area" in policy discussions BEFORE WW2 HAD FINISHED!

Of course they were/are out to establish and maintain a "sphere of influence".

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Not likely the cold war was a face off between to powers beleived to be equalls the damage from anywar that could have happened then may have ended the world.

Russia was hardly equal with us at any time, and more or less just an excuse to interfere in other nations politics and inflate the military budget.

America is responsable for almost 2 million innocent deaths in that country. 9/11 was pretty fishy too I would'nt trust the CIA on that.

No, we're not. By no stretch of the imagination is America responsible for that.

Plus you owe the world babnk almost 8 trillion and that means in about 2012 America's reign on the world ends.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

America is not as invincable as you think China for instance would most likely wipe America out. Iran will prove to be a worthy adversary

Yea, China, with inferior technology across the board, poorly trained troops, and only a small numerical advantage is going to wipe us out...

As for Iran, they are a smaller force with less training, experience, and equipment then what the Iraqis had during the Gulf War. They aren't even remotely a challenge. The only thing that could possibly give us trouble with Iran would be the sheer size of the nation.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
its more of control of mjour resources aka oil

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Perhaps the USA already Dominates the World...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Naw. I think there is a much more dangerous cabal that is pulling U.S. strings. But sadly, our elected are too scared to stand up for the country they swore to defend. Now they are in between Iraq and a hard place.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I believe in order for the world to be dominated it would take a man who is not corrupted in money or corporations. Someone (or more) who is truely focused and believes in what he's doing.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource
Naw. I think there is a much more dangerous cabal that is pulling U.S. strings.

Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes her laws. -Mayer Anselm (Bauer) Rothschild

Its all about the money....find out who controls it and who benefits and you'll know who pulls the strings.

Let's pop the bubble of ignorance...

[edit on 27/6/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
well if we have been seeking domination it would have already happened. remember that we had atomic bombs solely for a few years before the Soviet Union. for all that time we were more interested in rebuilding the countries in Europe and Japan, not domination and annihalation.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
For all intents and purposes, yes.

US policy is based on the idea of "global dominance" (the neocons phrase, not mine), not ruling the world exactly, more like being so powerful that no other nation can challenge us.

The US abrogates to itself the right to determine what technologies other nations choose to possess, how they resolve internal and external disputes, etc... While it is not strictly an "Empire" in the assimilationist sense of invading and annexing other countries (instead we invade and set up puppet staes), the effect is much the same.

Fortunately, the world is catching on to this situation (it's not exactly a secret), and is increasingly unwilling to participate. The opposition to the Iraq war among traditional US allies marks the beginning of the end of the US's bid for "global dominance", the rise of a Chinese superpower over the next two decades will seal it.

Three hundred million people cannot rule six billion indefinitely.

Let's hope the US learns to accept its future role as one nation among many with minimal violence. The alternatives are too ghastly to contemplate. We are a country with thousands of nuclear weapons, run by fanatics. The dangers are obvious.

Personally, unless there is a widespread call within the US to return to its roots as a peaceful Republic and abandon our unacknowledged military empire, I think the US is more likely to go down fighting than back off peacefully. Were I the leadership of pretty much any nation that wishes to retain more than a pretense of soveriegnty, I would be planning a preemptive decapitation strike against the US now. Something that could eliminate the leadership without entirely crippling the economy.

One of many reasons I will not be moving to Washington DC anytime soon

[edit on 6/27/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
the rise of a Chinese superpower over the next two decades will seal it.

[edit on 6/27/05 by xmotex]

yeah watchout for China, as Napoleon has warned the rise of China and wanting to become the center of Earth again as they claim. Vietnam will have to be prepared for China's attempt to conquer them again as they had for a thousand years.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'd say the US is seeking oil domination, and to preserve our ability to determine our own fate through economic and military strength. Its tough to stay on top, and other nations don't like it. Next thing you know, you're nazi imperialists, and people compare you to the galactic empire of star wars...

todays random thought....We may be setting ourselves up for a Chinese counter strike, if we extend ourselves to thin by going into Iran, N Korea and Syria, China could take our west coast in a weekend......

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The US abrogates to itself the right to determine what technologies other nations choose to possess, how they resolve internal and external disputes, etc... While it is not strictly an "Empire" in the assimilationist sense of invading and annexing other countries (instead we invade and set up puppet staes), the effect is much the same.

If you're talking trying to keep nukes out of other nations hands, then every developed nation in the world feels the same as we do. Those natios signed the NPT. We have a right to moniter their technology.

Fortunately, the world is catching on to this situation (it's not exactly a secret), and is increasingly unwilling to participate. The opposition to the Iraq war among traditional US allies marks the beginning of the end of the US's bid for "global dominance", the rise of a Chinese superpower over the next two decades will seal it.

I really wonder what you would have said during Vietnam...We weren't exactly loved then, either. Most of our allies didn't agree with Reagan in the 80's.

Three hundred million people cannot rule six billion indefinitely

When those six billion are divided and weak, we certainly can.

The funny thing is, the only way for the world to stop America is to accept the thing they hate; globalization.

Let's hope the US learns to accept its future role as one nation among many with minimal violence. The alternatives are too ghastly to contemplate. We are a country with thousands of nuclear weapons, run by fanatics. The dangers are obvious.

Yea...America is so fanatical...

I just wonder how many times you've defended North Korea and Iran's "right" to nuclear arms...

Were I the leadership of pretty much any nation that wishes to retain more than a pretense of soveriegnty, I would be planning a preemptive decapitation strike against the US now. Something that could eliminate the leadership without entirely crippling the economy.

Yea, we had better watch out for the rest of the world's non-existant global strike capability...

yeah watchout for China, as Napoleon has warned the rise of China and wanting to become the center of Earth again as they claim. Vietnam will have to be prepared for China's attempt to conquer them again as they had for a thousand years

The only way China can defeat America is to become America, and they are the only nation that could beat us alone. In the end, they'll end up in the same situation we are, as the world will unite to stop them.

That's if they even get that far, though.

todays random thought....We may be setting ourselves up for a Chinese counter strike, if we extend ourselves to thin by going into Iran, N Korea and Syria, China could take our west coast in a weekend......

I really can't believe people think this stuff. Are you honeslty serious? China can barey invade Taiwan. To launch any attack on America would require the largest scale operation of all time (by a longshot), and China is a nation that doesn't even have dominance in their region yet. China lacks the economic and military power to touch America's homeland.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Under the present administration expect no less that the unexpected.

Write your Congressman/woman and your Senator toward any Bill that is unfavorable to you..

Dallas

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
``

i noticed 2 post which stated that, at one time, the USA had
a monopoly on atomic bombs...
and we never sought world domination then (so we must still be good?)

reminder !!
back then, from 1945 to 1955,
the US was all baseball, hotdogs, applepie, mom, God & Country
and the first suburbs, higher education for the masses (GI Bill),
the first drive-in movies, and Disney Land was the quintessential USofA
the first Fads, and television fare like amateur hour, queen 4 a day,
J Paar, were part of maybe 4 hours of broadcasts per day

The Geo-Political situations were different then, in fact our President
Eisenhower warned the citizenry of the secretive military-industrial complex

the citizens turned a deaf-ear to his warnings...so he just went & devoted hisself to golfing & a lameduck, caretaker administration
~~~

Someone said (paraphrase) The Business of America IS BUSINESS!!

so, the mindset that the World must be made, safe for American Business to Prosper & Flourish....was and still is the position we take in world affairs, which is just another proxy of World Domination.
instead of army boots & loaded rifles,
the purse strings & the treaty pen were the civilized
method of obtaining superiority.

i think, the neocons & right wing & fundamentalists really believe
that they are 'saving' America from evil & terrorists & are actually
prolonging the Supremacy of America
by 'shepherding' & 'husbanding' all manner of materials & resources
which will be under the 'direction'(as in control) by American Trustees.
as 'we' are 'chosen'='destined' to lead & parcel out resources & to allow
certain ammounts of creature comforts, to the rest of the unenlightened
world...
US Economic and Military domination of the world, is a reality right now

top topics

<<   2 >>

join