It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney Checks into Vail Hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Turns out Tricky Dicky lives to play for another day, he should quit before his job kills him

Snip~

Vice President Dick Cheney was taken to the cardiac unit of the Vail Valley Medical Center Friday. Contrary to Associated Press reports that he went to see orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Steadman, at the Steadman Hawkins clinic for a knee injury, Vice President Cheney passed through the Steadman Hawkins clinic and the Colorado Mountain Medical Center to get to the cardiac unit to see Dr. Jack Eck and his team. The Vice President checked into the hospital under the name of Dr. Hoffman.
Link

Cheney leaves hospital, has infection

Snip~

WASHNGTON, DC, Nov. 13 (UPI) -- Doctors said Vice President Dick Cheney, taken to a Washington hospital Saturday because of shortness of breath, most likely has a respiratory infection.
www.washtimes.com...
The Moonies told a fib

Cheney's Heart Puts Him In Hospital Chest pains caused by blocked artery

Snip~

Washington -- Vice President Dick Cheney was expected to return to work later this week after undergoing angioplasty yesterday at George Washington University Medical Center to reopen a blocked artery.
Cheney was in stable condition, resting overnight in the hospital's cardiac care unit after doctors performed the hourlong procedure, which involved inflating a balloon in the artery to relieve the blockage
www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2001/03/06/MN193897.DTL

Dick Cheney Checks out of Hospital

Snip~

Cheney Leaves Hospital After Angioplasty Vice president says he's feeling good
Washington -- Vice President Dick Cheney was released from the hospital today, a day after surgery to repair a damaged artery.
The vice president walked out of George Washington University Hospital, shook hands with his doctors and was driven away. "Good," he said in response to a shouted question about how he felt.
www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2001/03/06/MN215538.DTL

Blogs

Back county Conservative

Conservative Thinking

Talk Left

In The Bullpen

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Cheney were to step aside due to a medical condition sometime in the next year to help groom someone else (Condi?) for a 2008 Presidential run to continue Bush policy. I don't think Cheney is a viable candidate.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I went to see Star WArs today. Maybe he went in to get fitted for his Darth Cheney gear.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
DJohnsto,

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I wouldn't be surprised if Cheney were to step aside due to a medical condition sometime in the next year to help groom someone else (Condi?) for a 2008 Presidential run to continue Bush policy. I don't think Cheney is a viable candidate.

I have been saying this for some time now.

I think he will be kept until after the midterms and then he will resign on health grounds and a new VP will be picked.

Who it will be is very open at the moment.

Depends on how the RNC see the 2008 election race.

Will they put a stand-in VP and then run a candidate in 2008 untarnished by the current regime or will they pick for VP the person they want fighting the election in 2008.

If the nomination for 2008 is really going to Jeb Bush then I think scenario 1. If anyone else then scenario 2.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The only credible source quoted above is the Washington Times. The first two paragraphs make it clear that Cheney's shortness of breath was, in no way, related to his heart. There's no big deal here.

WASHNGTON, DC, Nov. 13 (UPI) -- Doctors said Vice President Dick Cheney, taken to a Washington hospital Saturday because of shortness of breath, most likely has a respiratory infection.

"Tests ruled out any cardiac cause of the vice president's symptoms," said a statement issued by Cheney's cardiologist, Dr. Jonathan Reiner. "Tests also ruled out pneumonia and other pulmonary causes -- the vice president likely has a viral, upper respiratory infection."

[edit on 2005/6/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The first two paragraphs make it clear that Cheney's shortness of breath was, in no way, related to his heart. There's no big deal here.

I told you he was being fitted for his Darth Cheney gear.

Think Duku....

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The problem with Dick Cheney is not that he has to go to hospital so often, but that he always comes out again

top topics

join