It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ATS Members All Democrats ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I personally have no particular love of either mainstream US party, but most of the opinions I see here are decidedly Democrat in flavor, with quite a few images of Bush with a red line through him in Avatars.

So do you all vote Democrat or is there such a thing as a Republican member of ATS ?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Last American election:
I would have voted for Bush, because I thought he was better then Kerry. Do I follow any party? No. I'm a fan of Direct Democracy and think Party Politics are un-democratic.

Do I like Bush? Hell no. I think he is an awful leader, but better than Kerry would have been. Which is not saying much.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hey, I am a republican. (yes, over here, hiding in the cave from the flame throwing democrats........just kidding). In the very short time I have been on the site I would say you will find most your republicans running around PTS. Also keep in mind this is a site with international members and the US is not that well liked at the moment so what you may be seeing are non US member's avatars and posts. I also think that the type of site that this is lends itselve to more democrats from the US than republicans as we republicans tend to be a bit more conservative and more skeptical of many items posted.

But don't let that stop you, everyone is welcome here and all opinions fly so join in the fun and say what you want. As long as you don't flame anyone you will be just fine. If you get scared, remember, you can find a bunch of us republicans in the cave........

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm a diehard Republican and voted for Bush.

Edit:

Actually it'd be more accurate to say I'm steadfastly opposed the liberal/Democratic agenda. I have a great affinity for the Libertarian Party but as of yet I still think a vote for a third party is a wasted vote, so the Republican Party is where it's at for me, at least for the moment.

[edit on 6/26/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'd say its fairly equal, we got nutters from bothsides, and I say that with

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The interesting aspect of ATS is it's unique member demographic distribution... Namely that it's distributed so randomly that there is no identifiable pattern. Yes, the detractors of George Bush and the current administration are rather vocal, but there are more than a few conservative members here as well. The preponderance of material posted in the negative regarding G.W. can be attributed to the lack of any political relevance by the opposition. It's tough to take a shot at something that's not even a blip on the radar screen. Take it as a compliment, no one takes a shot at the low and down trodden.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm neither republican or democrat, but I am a supporter of democracy ... :p something alot of people that are republican or democrat in the US don't really support at heart, most people think like Bush, "Its our way or the high way, your either with us or against us". People from opposite party's are seen as lesser human beings and true enemies.

I'm more of a libertarian myself.

And I'd check again, theres loads and loads of guys on here that are die hard republicans and Bush Supporters, but theres also a good deal of people that are die hard republicans but still don't like Bush the least bit.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm a registered Republican who can't stand Bush and didn't vote for him in either election - but boycotted because there were no viable candidates I wanted to vote for.

I do like Condie Rice, tho. I liked Colin Powell better. I like John McCain, although I would feel better if he supported stronger border controls. I am what you'd call a moderate Republican - that dying breed.

I'm really angry at the government right now, but it will pass when they clean this mess they made up. Kind of like mom screaming at the kids to clean their room.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've been a registered Libertarian and a dues-paying member of the LP since 1980 (an yes, you can register LP in Arizona -- I know, since I was an LP voter registrar when we had voter registrars). I held both county-wide and statewide LP office, and was an LP lobbyist, so I guess you could say I was pretty active in the eighties and early nineties.

I was fortunate enough to have a libertarian candidate to vote for all those years, but here in Mesa the Republican primary is theelection, so I have on occasion registered R so I could vote for the most libertarian person in the primary.

I didn't vote for either of the two old party candidates in the presidential election, although if I'd had to, I would've gritted my teeth and voted for Dubya -- at least in 2000.

But what the hey -- the way I look at it, both the Democrats and Republicans are just two sides of the same corporate fascist welfare-warfare statist coin.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I voted democratic this election, because I hate Bush, but I cant catogorize myself. Im in the middle. Just depends on the canidate

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Using two parties to label ATS posters is far too limiting. I prefer to use more encompassing words like liberal or conservative.

I'm a liberal libertarian registered as an Independent voter in the USA. There is no party that truly reflects my more extremist point of view. My beliefs border on the anarchic, but there does need to be at least a skeletal framework of organization that would help those in need. I have no faith in contemporary private or governent groups, but there are small things that governments have been a help for such as with some social programs.

Being a conspiracy theorist does tend to rule out much in the way of conservatism. Most conspiracy theory involves governments. If you want to eliminate those conspiracies or think that justice needs to be served you can't exactly have a notion in your head that you want things to remain as they are. Change is necessary, which is a liberal point of view. Which certainly is not a belief held only by the Democratic party of the United States of America.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is a respectable conservative side to ATS. The problem is that the Bush administration has really let down certain elements of the conservative movement. Being in power necessarily causes a party to upset part of its constituency unless that constituency is perfectly homogenous. For example if you have to make policy on stemcells, you are going to have to make a choice between upsetting religious conservatives and upsetting more moderate or secular conservatives.
On the other hand, being the opposition party naturally unifies a group (in this case liberals) behind a platform of disapproval. They don't get to do anything about stemcells, so they are far less able to upset constituents on either side of the issue since they can't do much about it and people tend to focus on whatever individual issues which they feel the ruling party is wrong on, drawing them closer to their party. This is why you don't usually see back to back two-term presidents.

Therefore if the demographics of ATS were 50/50 conservative/liberal, you'd probably see a 55/30/15 ratio of opinion towards the administration (negative/positive/indifferent) as a small percentage of conservatives spoke up with the liberals even though they remain conservative, a few remain diehards or simply pay more attention to the things they feel are being done right, and a few just don't want to talk about it because they're either happy that there is nothing to complain about or because they don't want to speak out against their own party.

As for me, I am a conservative for all intents and purposes, but that's not what I would call myself. I would call myself "a liberal by conservative means" or in jest "a recovering neocon". I want the same things liberals want, and in some respects I've come around to their way of thinking on certain issues, however I believe that the conservative way of achieving these things is often better.
For example I'm very much for the working class but I believe that spending to expand business opportunities and thus create jobs is better than spending on handouts.
I would like to see "internationalist" and diplomatic solutions to conflicts, but I believe those only work when backed up by the CREDIBLE threat of force, which necessarily will mean USING force, sometimes unilaterally, until people start coming to the bargaining table with a sincere desire to reach resolutions.
I think we should schedule a pullout from Iraq, but I think we should do it by publically setting specific goals for the capability of Iraqi forces, not by setting a date.
And the list goes on.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Using two parties to label ATS posters is far too limiting.

ayyep, we got everything from the mild, to the extreme and on almost every angle

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Take it as a compliment, no one takes a shot at the low and down trodden.

The monkey looking up the lady's skirt is right.

For those that keep missing the sign on the door...

This is a Conspiracy Site!

When Wicca Democrats from Abu dhabi run the world, I expect this place to be crawling with Pro-American Christian Republicans.

Until then, you people are the problem.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
The monkey looking up the lady's skirt is right.

Just goes to show how overrated that whole "fully upright stature" mindset is.

For those that keep missing the sign on the door...
This is a Conspiracy Site!

Strange, some of the content here would seem to imply that the sign says "RESTROOM."

When Wicca Democrats from Abu dhabi run the world, I expect this place to be crawling with Pro-American Christian Republicans.

My concern centers around clipboard toting Democrats from North Carolina... But I digress...

Until then, you people are the problem.

Further endorsement of my "Planet Of The Apes" solution.

Genral Thade Monkeys, not just for human erradication anymore...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Winchester Ranger T

I think you are a littler bit confused about who is who in here.

Just because many members post against war, the administration dealings and our world and nations problems since Mr. Bush administration doesn't mean everybody is a "Democrat" or have liberal thoughts.

Is called been aware of our country and and the world and the people that make decisions in our names.

In my views we all concern Americans.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Republican here. And soon to work for the GOP, too!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Odd as it would seem, the party in power (at this particular time; the Republican party) usually receives the most scrutiny.

Other than that, like some have already pointed out; the ats-community seemes to be fairly balanced when it comes to political preference.

(And let's not forget the fact that not all ats-members are US citizens..)

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Durden]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Green Party member right here.................

Oh well............. so I am in the minority as usuall. Nuttin NEW at that

"BRING BACK ROSS PEROT!"........ TRG *shouts to an empty room*

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Like others in this thread have said, just because one is appalled by the current republican administration doesn't mean they are necessarily a democrat.

If only everyone in this country who bashed the Bush administration were a democrat...maybe we would start winning some elections.

BTW, there are tons of republican ATS members (too many if you ask me)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join