It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black eagle russias main tank???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
y would the russian think that its not worth to put them into battle??? its a new tank and needs to be battle proven so y not test it??? does it cost more then some other tanks that they have??? does it use some other ammo that costs more?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
May be it isnt yet fully operational, what this means that the tank still needs adjustments and improvements to it could take a while and top of that the tanks crew need to be trained also, by the looks of it, it doesnt look like a traditional russian tank it is quite stealth look may have some functions for it to, and there could be engine issues which concern the designer because choosing the right engine is very important, it may also have new sophisticated metal that can take thermal heat shocks from bullets and even shell attacks so that it is harder to puncher the armor of the tank, this was told to me by Ukrainian official who has been observing the tank.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
y would the russian think that its not worth to put them into battle??? its a new tank and needs to be battle proven so y not test it??? does it cost more then some other tanks that they have??? does it use some other ammo that costs more?

Russia is too poor to go into any war right now... unless... they sell it to other people, if i was in charge of the US military i would get my hands on that tank hehehe

[edit on 27-6-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i know their poor... thats y i was suprised to hear about the tank and some guns...
i really think that they are not in the situation to fight...
anybody wanna predict when the tank will be fully operational? or if it will be cancelled?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It won't be canceled... it is a exprienmental tank.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
It won't be canceled... it is a exprienmental tank.

No its not...its a export tank...
They designed it to be exported.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The Chiorny Oriol was developed as an export potential for south korea i believe. I am sure it will not enter service with the Russian army.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
No its not...its a export tank...
They designed it to be exported.

I don't see any other countries have the tank now... nope... so it's not a exported tank till they exported the tank...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I don't see any other countries have the tank now... nope... so it's not a exported tank till they exported the tank...

It was built for export not for service in the russian army, experimental or otherwise.
The SK's might buy it, they helped build it...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

It was built for export not for service in the russian army, experimental or otherwise.
The SK's might buy it, they helped build it...

The US should get their hands on couple of these tanks hehehe, they look really cool

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
export tank heh?? it would help with the money problem... i mean we all know that the north korean prez is a 8 year old kid and buys everything that looks cool

but i still think that russia needs to keep some of them

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The US should get their hands on couple of these tanks hehehe, they look really cool

You kidding me??
The US accountants would go nuts, they are already buying the most expensive tank on the planet in hundreds, imagine trying to buy MORE tanks and ship them from russia to the US!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
oh really??? and what are those tanks called? are they better then our Eagle??? maybe the Eagle is better for some other stuff???

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

oh really??? and what are those tanks called?

The american main battle tanks...
You might have seen them driveing past bagdad bob after his "no americans in bagadad speach".

are they better then our Eagle???

Depends on what you mean by better and for what job.
They are VERY expensive though.

maybe the Eagle is better for some other stuff???

Possibly, probably better for a smaller country than say the MA1 or the C2 or the leopard.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
... what features does it have??? cuz im starting to think that our Eagle has no place in this world

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

... what features does it have??? cuz im starting to think that our Eagle has no place in this world

Sry mate I am not really familiar with the tank, I just know its a quite good tank. I done some research on it an it was looked good.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Sry mate I am not really familiar with the tank, I just know its a quite good tank. I done some research on it an it was looked good.

looks good aint enough devilwasp, im surprise u would think of that.

i prefer to see the tests as well as battle experience before i agree or not that this tank is a blast.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
how about we research some test results for the Eagle

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
looks good aint enough devilwasp, im surprise u would think of that.

I meant its stats , etc.
It does look nice but frankly I prefer to judge aircrafts looks than land vehicles.

i prefer to see the tests as well as battle experience before i agree or not that this tank is a blast.

Look up the stats, they look quite good.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Its just another modern MBT. If you look at the basic designs, they all look the same. This is simply Russia's first attempt to break from the old, "round and low" turret design and create something that mimics western MBTs.

BTW, it seems to have very sloped armor compared to modern tanks. The russians have always been crazy about making their tanks either incredibly short and small targets or giving them very sloped forward glacis plates to improve deflection. If you look at the Leopard, it has a box of a turret, which is undoubtibly using composite armor, but still lacks the shape to bounce rounds off the armor.

Then again, when your using ATGW's that can burn through 800mms of steel armor, composite is good to have, as is sloped sides......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join