It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spinning object in sky videod by me

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
if it was a UFO i wonder why the heck it was just piddling along? Trent do you think that they wanted to get filmed thus why they just spun around. Could be a mylar with a black front. I've seen ones that say class of blahh on it. plus if it was losing some of the helium it would be able to make weird shapes. when it got hit with a jetstream it takes off and flies around erratically. other then that it could be a ballon floating on thewarm eddys which makes it spins around like a top. I doubt it though. Nice taping anyways

-Aza

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Did someone say all black? Like this?

or this

It was way too small to be this

or this

These are all examples of solar powered balloons, the sun heats the air inside the balloon and it takes off into the atmosphere.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Way to GO TR!
Applause to you my quick camera ready ATS pal!
I once did a FAKE UFO vid of a mylar balloon.....it just blew away in the wind. It was OBVIOUSLY not a controled craft.....
This thing you have here, SPINS in place.....if it was a balloon in the wind the wind would take it IMO. This is....differant than just mylar in the wind....
This is definately some 'interesting' footage.......

[edit on 26-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

I've seen balloons hang in place high in the sky before, appearing to go nowhere.
I've seen helium balloons move from one room to another, around a bed, down the stairs, and back up again, on their own...freaked me out when I first saw it, thought it was a little creature moving around my bed...just imagine waking up and seeing something just under bed height bobble along around two 90° angles of the bed...freeeaky.

I've seen plastic shopping bags rise up off the ground, hang fourty feet in the air, do several spins in a single spot,then move off.

In the past 48 hours I've seen three graduation ballons, one floating above the river, stuck in some branches and mud, and two stuck in the tree outside.

Balloons do come in all shapes and sizes.
Here's even more
My first guess was something along this shape

But it seems more longish, almost tear drop shaped.
Which would be basically your normal balloon shape.
Probably not this one

Hahah Run for the hills its a flying saucer

Well here in the USA that actually does symbolise "Alien invasion"

you know your not the only one...thats why im so freaked out with balloon, i think the reason why my balloon moved though was because my house was haunted...hey it was built in 1902...alot can happen, anyways...i believed ghosts would posess the balloon, and play dirty trick, like stalk me or scare me when i was little...but it stopped...cuz i got irritated one time...and took the haunted balloon and threw it outside...and it flew to the sky...and the balloon had not helium or whatever in it...

anyways... i believe this is the best UFO footage i've seen...SEND it to like UFOlogist...or something...do it..and be on TV....and then get killed by the men in black or something...but that wont happen

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Did someone say all black?

These are all examples of solar powered balloons, the sun heats the air inside the balloon and it takes off into the atmosphere.

Yeah kind of like those photos, but obviously appearing a lot smaller in the sky. As I said the shape was very akin to one of those disc-shaped balloons kids have. It is very hard to say how high up in the sky it was… At first glance it looked reasonably low down, but the thing itself appeared space-black – no reflections whatsoever. This lack of detail makes me question how high in the sky it could have been. It’s been a few days since I saw it and I’ve had a lot of beer over the weekend.
I’ll try my best to remember things in more detail for tomorrow as its quite late now where I am.

Tomorrow I might ask my dad to recall what he saw, then show him the video.

A question though: how much sunlight would it take for one of these solar balloons to work?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Could it possibly have been one of those remote-controlled aircraft that hobbiests fly?

Not all of them are basic aircraft or helicopter models. My uncle was a RC aircraft enthusiast for years and I went to several hobby stores with him. I can definitely remember seeing RC flying vehicles that were shaped like futuristic aircraft. I even remember seeing one type at a hobby store in Houston that was actually named the 'UFO'. It was saucer-shaped with short, stubby wings and a pretty large tail assembly and prop in the back. How it flew I have no idea. But the store manager had video of his hobby club flying it...

Anyway, just a thought, thats all.

Great video, by the way.

dez

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hmm, the shape of it is what I noticed most, it almost looks like a brain shape. I was thinking about it and as much as I want it to be a ufo I think its a baloon that's lost a bit of helium and so the helium is floating in the top of the balloon which leaves that little bit kinda of sagging/dangling of the main circular bit giving it that 'brainstem' made up of the lose balloon fabric. What I'm looking for the most is a string. Good luck focusing in a string at that hight though. If we can get a good shot with a string we can close the case. Good stuff though, genuine mystery. We just need to figure out the answer.

On a side note, is it just me or does the video game playing in the background make for an exciting sound track to the video

[edit on 26-6-2005 by dez]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grunt_of_the_Covenant
Could it possibly have been one of those remote-controlled aircraft that hobbiests fly?

Yeah, that's what I wondered earlier, too. It could be a wierd shaped one that just hovered and span in the air.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
to anyone who is going to mention the "balloon theorys" agian

Heres your challange::

You have to prove how "easy this video is to make" with your "balloon trick"
I challenge you to recreate the video , being that its so easy and stuff to just get a balloon and do this

after you have recreated this "odd effect" then we will agree with your theory being Plausable
Until you can recreate it to DEMONSTRATE EVIDENCE; we are stuck with the "its a wild UFO" explanation

do not come posting pics of sumbreros and nice little hearts unless your posting a VIDEO of them doing Exactly what this other one did

Heres my opinion:: When you go try to recreate this particular effect your going to be surprised how incredibly hard and rare it will be to pull it off

Yes I WANT you to prove this fake so we can get on with our lives LOL
but i cannot find a good explanation and the baloon explanation seems very rediculous

i keep watching the video over and over....ive watched this thing 30 times now at least and ive watched the last minute at least 100 times
seriously
ive put many hours into this already *its taking away my good gaming time* lol

I cannot fathom this being a Balloon...

And yes there is a spot on the window but um guys ....SPots dont move back and forth like that
you can clearly view the 'thing' in front of both clouds
the spot(on the window) during focus only lasts a second or two so it still cannot discount the "wild events" at the end

Trent i need to ask you this to clarify whats going on

--- Near the end of the video when the "teleporting" and "fast movements" or "whatever it is" is happening... Did this thing really pull of any of the 5 or 6 separate teleports? *or fast movements*
Was this thing really moving around like that?
*note- if two or three are optical illusions ie:spit , or spot on window
than are there still 2 or 3 "tricks" that remain unexplained?

its a big Q but its very important becuase if you actually saw this thing move that way; IT CANNOT be a balloon!!! Unless they invented Teleport mechanisms on mylar balloons LOOL

also Q 2
-------
There is a part where it looks like it is in 2 places at once; and it even appears in each of those places separately to kind of 'show' it was able to be in 2 places at once
Is this an optical effect of the focus or was this visable with Your own eyes?
Did it really happen or not???'

Thanks Trent
sorry to badger ya with those Qs lol
but with your answers we can understand it better
thanks agian mate

and skeptics get us some evidence im serious i am way too poor to get a balloon and id have to borrow his video camera *and it really sucks it was made in like 1996 or something*
anyones camera will be better than what i can get my hands on *im 2poor

so someone go do some "Expierments" and lets see the data

Lets try to be a little 'scientific' here about this

thanks for the help everyone

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroG
A question though: how much sunlight would it take for one of these solar balloons to work?

I'm not sure, enough to raise the temperature inside the balloon to a greater temperature than the outside air temperature. So you probably get better results in winter, on snow or sand. I guess.
I always wanted to get one when I was a kid, but you know the "Kite eating tree" from Charlie Brown? Well the trees around here eat anything that gets off the ground, balls, kites, frisbees, kittens.

If you google "solar balloon' it will take you to sites that describe and sell those, more info to be had.
I read a review earlier today from some amateurs who had no luck at all with theirs, they probably just didn't have the patience to let it warm up. Maybe I'll try it with a garbage bag.
Lets hope I don't disturb any of the endless air traffic over head.

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I challenge you to recreate the video , being that its so easy and stuff to just get a balloon and do this

after you have recreated this "odd effect" then we will agree with your theory being Plausable
Until you can recreate it to DEMONSTRATE EVIDENCE; we are stuck with the "its a wild UFO" explanation

Who is WE. Apparently at least half a dozen people already get the balloon vibe.

do not come posting pics of sumbreros and nice little hearts unless your posting a VIDEO of them doing Exactly what this other one did

Heres my opinion:: When you go try to recreate this particular effect your going to be surprised how incredibly hard and rare it will be to pull it off

Such a futile experiment will not prove or disprove anything at all.
1. Weather needs to be the same, it won't be
2. Balloon needs to be the same, it won't be
3. amount of helium/oxygen mix needs to be the same, it won't be
4. being able to release the balloon and then actually track it once it hits cloud
height will be impossible, this balloon did not originate from trents house, it traveled
on the wind at various elevations over who knows how much land before being spotted

I think you are the only one who needs to get on with their life, the rest of us are amazed and amused, its good entertainment and something fun to investigate for all of five or ten minutes.

but i cannot find a good explanation and the baloon explanation seems very rediculous

Well two spelling mistakes in a single sentence speaks volumes about your ability to comprehend,
if I count all of them this far...well you ..seriously, do you know now ridiculous
you seem with such errors so abundantly dancing about your ramblings?

i keep watching the video over and over....ive watched this thing 30 times now at least and ive watched the last minute at least 100 times
seriously

My point about getting on with your life is hilighted in that statement.
Get a life man, then get on with it.
This balloon video is not the beginning, middle, or end of the world.

Now you post some proof, post video stills of this supposed "teleportation".
Don't tell me you don't have the time, because we know from the statement above
that you would be lying, like a dirty lying liar who lies.
Give me some of this teleportation stuff, without any video interlacing evident.

I have a rational explanation, with pictures and everything, even a good sombreror/ufo joke!
You have...delusions and fantasy expectations.

Logic will set you free!

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Who is WE. Apparently at least half a dozen people already get the balloon vibe.

Such a futile experiment will not prove or disprove anything at all.
4. being able to release the balloon and then actually track it once it hits cloud
height will be impossible, this balloon did not originate from trents house, it traveled
on the wind at various elevations over who knows how much land before being spotted

I think you are the only one who needs to get on with their life, the rest of us are amazed and amused, its good entertainment and something fun to investigate for all of five or ten minutes.

Well two spelling mistakes in a single sentence speaks volumes about your ability to comprehend,
if I count all of them this far...well you ..seriously, do you know now ridiculous
you seem with such errors so abundantly dancing about your ramblings?

seriously

My point about getting on with your life is hilighted in that statement.

Give me some of this teleportation stuff, without any video interlacing evident.

I have a rational explanation, with pictures and everything, even a good sombreror/ufo joke!
You have...delusions and fantasy expectations.

Logic will set you free!

lol

lets not take this personal now or Make it personal
to reply to your replys -

'Who is WE. Apparently at least half a dozen people already get the balloon vibe.'

- getting a vibe isnt demonstrating How something could be possible
i could counter and say i got a vibe it was a giant space onion from mars but that dont mean anything does it??

'Such a futile experiment will not prove or disprove anything at all.
on the wind at various elevations over who knows how much land before being spotted'

- No expierment done to figure any concept out is ever "Futile" , all expierments are nessasary to understand the universe better and have clear concrete evidence to base our conclusions from
creating full blown conclusions before doing expierments; and then claiming no expierments need to be done; is More Futile, in my opinion

'Well two spelling mistakes in a single sentence speaks volumes about your ability to comprehend,
you seem with such errors so abundantly dancing about your ramblings?'

- That has nothing to do with Trents video at all dude

your breaking one of the biggest rules of Civilized Debate by turning this into a mudslinging contest and i wont play that game my friend
You cant Win an arguement by changing the Subject

Nice Try tho hehe
and everyone knows people dont care to follow english rules to the extreme on an online forum or chatroom for crying out loud lol plus no one is perfect and no one has spelt everything correctly either

I will focus on the subject and this will be my Only comment addressing this !

'My point about getting on with your life is hilighted in that statement.

Give me some of this teleportation stuff, without any video interlacing evident.'

- i will post video clips of trents video with his permission BUT i need links on tutorials and links to free programs to do this with
i personally think it would be easier if you would just watch the whole 5minute video he Already posted , but if your too impatient to click "skip ahead" and fast foward to the sections mentioned in this thread multiple times; I WILL post clips of the moments from 4:15 area towards the very end of the video
i have no problem with that at all
i would love to learn how to do that; and i would love to know what programs i can do it with
i am a willing student all i need is afew links to tutorials etc

i am also not a video expert so i do not know what video interlacing is; could you please explain this ? or at least link me to an explanation?

the reason i asked trent his first hand expierance is because i wanted to see if the events from 4:15 to the end of video; were camera illusions or if he could see them with his own eyes
i thought we should make sure

and dude i am Poor i cannot afford a new camera; my friend has one but it is over 10yrs old and the quality is propably extremely poor
i can however; afford to buy a few balloons as they are very inexpensive

and for the sake of being reasonable i Will go buy some of these and release them just for my own personal expierment; i can use my Digital Camera to make still shots with

you said walmart sells them for 4 $? alrite ill check it out

but dont get upset legalizer i actually think your cool and i totally respect your ideas *especially about legalizing *
lol
i dont want this to be a fight; but instead a friendly debate where we can discover the real truth behind Trents Wild Video

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

THIS is EXACTLY the point I was trying to make........I personally HAVE done the mylar balloon as a UFO video....more than once
I have aslo tossed hubcaps and they look WAY better than mylar balloons.....YES I have let some of the helium out of the Baloons to TRY and get them to look better.....NO DICE........ They dont look like this video.

NEVER EVER did it look like this.......sure it CAN spin around a couple of times, seem to hover a bit, but then it meanders off in the wind.....THIS video we have just seen is a hellofalot MORE stable than a balloon...and does some dang WACKY manouvers near the end of the vid that balloons DO NOT DO.....they just dont DO that...or the airwaves would BE flooded with is this balloon as a UFO kinda videos.........I even have a silver mylar remote control UFO toy.....and playing with it outside.....it has VERY limited range....maybe 35 feet above me at the very best with ZERO wind. At 35 feet above me it does NOT respond well to left/right/ commands, and when the wind gets it I am on the chase of my life to retreive this dumb thing. Once the wind has it it does NOT respond to remote commands at all......
Seriously, coming from a person who has DONE balloon videos...they DONT look like this....I to, can NOT fathom that THIS was a balloon.
Sorry.....NEXT idea????

I would be more inclined to think this was some sort of Military craft....maybe a remote vehicle with cameras to SPY on unknowing subjects...but IF it was such...WHY on Earth would it spin around so crazily???? Would'nt a camera mounted device require stability???

[edit on 27-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

No need to state my opinion for me, I can do it myself cheers! This is one of those ones that you can talk about till you're blue in the face, however, my instincts tell me it's not a balloon in this case.

To me the behaviour of it also looks a bit too crazy to be any form of aircraft, so I think my vote would go for UFO, not alien or government spacecraft.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nova

To me the behaviour of it also looks a bit too crazy to be any form of aircraft,

Only from our perspective of aviation.

Should this truely be a UFO, we have nothing to compare what a UFO would or would not do in the skies. If this is a UFO, it may be doing exactly as it should.

Just an observation.

Misfit

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Good point I suppose, but if it was staying in one place, evening if it was waggling (is that a word?) about surely it would be doing the same waggling over and over, not random waggling.

Maybe it was waggling for another reason.

Can you believe I managed to say waggling five times in this post?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
cool video (hehe i love BF2 aswel) it made me think of yahwe's vids right away, and altho i'm still not sur ethat's just balloons, it's intriguing to say the least.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Trent> Awesome video. Good work. I actually think it's too big to be a baloon, but really you had to be there to get a perception of the size. What would you say the size was? Thx in advance.

Lanotom> I'm about to file you in the same cabinet as warthog911, damn, get that stick out of your ass.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I find this post to be intriging to say the least! I have been playing with the footage and have posted a animation of a part that I find very weird!

I have added the line at a (fairly) fixed point to make it easier to gauge the movement of the object. It does some pretty weird stuff in a matter of 2 seconds or so...

Here is a slowed down version:

Funny how it can disapear as well...

-KiwiDave

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
hey, I'd like to thank everyone here for looking at the video, thoes who voted for me, and the warm responces I've had.

Yeah, that's what I wondered earlier, too. It could be a wierd shaped one that just hovered and span in the air.

this thing was so far away, too far for radio controled.

There is a part where it looks like it is in 2 places at once; and it even appears in each of those places separately to kind of 'show' it was able to be in 2 places at once

Hmm, I'm not shure which part you mean, could you give me a time?

solar baloon

no, The fact that It had a large amount of reflective parts
would reflect the suns/heat making the solar baloon Usless.
also if you wach closley the reflection apears on the right hand side of object multiple times, note the sun was quite low down comleatly west!!!
couldit be some weird light emmitting from it? I don't know

I would be more inclined to think this was some sort of Military craft....maybe a remote vehicle

Intresting point you bring up,

However Anybody here who knows the area I'm in would tell you that It isn't the place for that sort of thing, Its just a big urbun area nowhere near any "sites" or even weather station/labs ect.

but really you had to be there to get a perception of the size. What would you say the size was?

Well I'd say grater that 3 yards across but no more that 15 yards roughly speaking

whenI saw it first (downstairs) It was very big
I'd say half the size of your little fingernail at arms lenth(try it)

yet for how big it looked, It looked kinda blury to the naked eye

firt glance I thought baloon then it looked like a helicopter spinning around
(like they do in stunts) but it looked quite elaborate yet I couldent define any edges as such.

also it was way to my left of vision and when i got upstairs wich took about 10 seconds it was very far away and to my right of vision. almost a speck to the naked eye.

judging by the rate in the video of it getting smaller and it does if you look .
I would say it was moving away from me (forward very fast).

Hey kiwi dave! ,
I was going to post a similar shot of it moving like that
but as I've been at work allday You beat me to it, exelent work.

yeah also near the end of the video just before it focuses on "dirt" the object does disapier for 4 seconds, its not the auto-focus because the clouds stak in focus, but after that because the object disapiers the camera them auto-focuses on the spec on window naturally.
and if you look the object fashes again near the bottom right of the screen.

on the day there was no breeze at all and it was a really humid day.
I would expect a baloon even with waightes attached, to wobble from side to side iregually. not spin almost perfectly constant,

also evedent is the fact that it was receding away from me very fast (noted by the speed at which it got smaller and harder to zoom in on throuought the video, traviling at that speed would not allow an object as light as a baloon to spin cosistantly horizontal, the air resistance would make it extreamly erratic. with or without weights.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by TrentReznor]

[edit on 27-6-2005 by TrentReznor]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Trent-
Your object does have a fairly constant speed of revolution, judging by the repetition of a particular angle that seems to show itself thru the spin.

I dunno, if ya wanna send me a direct dub lemme know, send me a U2U. I'll be glad to look it over and give ya more.

~Jeff

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow. So it was a pretty large object when you saw it downstairs? Compare it to some objects please though. I live in Europe, we have the metric system.
Maybe as large as a 2 story house? A small aircraft? But not as small as baloon?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join