It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

camden boys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
I live in NJ so every channel has the story . But when i seen footage of them collecting money on the streets of camden it tore my heart out.

It isn't the parents themselves out there collecting money. Its family, friends, neighbors, volunteers, etc. You live in NJ like I do, so you should know how poor the community of Camden is. I dare you to drive through their neighborhood someday... it looks like Beiruit! This family has THREE children to bury. The average funeral is around $10,000 these days. Between the two families I sincerely doubt they have $30,000 to spend on funeral arrangements. Not to mention the counseling the surviving family members are going to need for years to come.

I think it was good of the community to step up and begin raising money right away. The funeral services will be in a matter of days, and these families will desperately need funds. You're acting as though the parents, after discovering the bodies of their children, immediately picked up a couple jars and went out in the intersection asking for money. It's not them! It's volunteers collecting on their behalf!

Tisk, tisk Timoothy. You better make a donation now!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Obviously these people aren't in contention for "Parent of the Year" awards. The car was some 30 yards from the house, near the woods, surrounded by tall grass. If you've ever been in that neighborhood, you'll know that you hear nothing but children screaming and playing and loud music (the occasional gunshot as well). I can see how hard it would be to hear these kids kicking and screaming from the trunk of a car that far away in a neighborhood filled with kids playing and screaming at the same time.

This is a horrible story. A parent should never have to outlive their child. Whatever lapse in good parenting occured here, I think they've MORE than paid the price. I don't see what good can come from ragging on them at this point. They've already lost 3 boys between the two families. What a nightmare.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Police dogs did not trace the children to the vehicle, instead it traced them to the edge of a river.
Useless animals..and they get bullet proof vests.

Im sure the police did all they can to find the children, ofcourse you can always feel like you should have done more after the fact....and now, after finding out where they were..they're probably feeling pretty damn bad...
and are thinking "what if"...what if I checked the trunk...what If I did this or that.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
yes it is a terrible thing ,BUT now the parents are talking about sueing the NJ state police. Blame someone else or sign the rights to a movie deal that seems to be the easy way to wash away there sorrows.Poor little kids...

I don't like talking like this about an accident ,but it really bothers me that the children were not supervised.I have children as well and i always know where they are and what they are doing. RIP

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

BUT now the parents are talking about sueing the NJ state police

How do you know this?

Link please? source...gimme something here

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
fox tv news said it last night that the parents were considering a lawsuit against them,and the grandfather blames the police.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I followed the story all three days on the news. In this day and age I don't care if you live in Friggin Kansas Dorothy...
No Where Is SAFE..

And yes I think there is something hokey about the children being in the trunk of one of the families car. Right in there own back yard non the less.

I live in Philadelphia, and let me say that I am always going outside to sit with my child or he stays in. In an age where your children can be taken from their own beds.....the world is a very different place than the one I grew up in.
Scary

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhiannon1968
In an age where your children can be taken from their own beds.....the world is a very different place than the one I grew up in.
Scary

Oh yeah? What planet to you grow up on? Ever heard of the Charles Lindbergh case?
Lets look it up shall we?

From wikipedia

Marriage, children, kidnapping

Their son Charles Augustus, 20 months old, was abducted on March 1, 1932 from their home.
The boy was found dead on May 12 in Hopewell, New Jersey just a few miles from the Lindbergh's home, after a nation-wide ten week search and ransom negotiations with the kidnappers. More than three years later, a media circus ensued when the man accused of the murder, Bruno Hauptmann, went on trial. Tired of being in the spotlight and still mourning the loss of their son, the Lindberghs moved to Europe in December 1935. Hauptman, who maintained his innocence until the end, was found guilty and was executed on April 3, 1936.

Wikipedia's list of famous kidnappings Its pretty long and goes way back in time.

The world as far as children go, hasn't really changed much, and kids
have always done stupid things that have cost them their lives and they always will.
Here's an example I read on Morbid Fact Du Jour: Halloween some years ago a nine year old boy goes home, dresses up as Dracula, in order to spice up his custume he decides he needs the "Stabbed through the heart look", he proceeds to put a wood board under his shirt, then hammers a large kitchen knife in..right through the board, into his chest, killing himself, only living long enough to walk out of the bathroom and say "I really did it." thud

watch your children like hawks, they are a menace to society and themselves!!!
I know, I'm a father.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Although Camden is the Murder and Crack capital of New Jersey, this neighborhood is in a relatively safe part of town, its a big town.

I'm sorry, that just isn't true. They live in the area of Camden where heroin is sold every 10 feet. I'm friends with quite a few unsavory characters, so I know what I'm talking about. I even drove by there today, because of the Puerto Rican festival they were having. I've never seen so many cars and people covered with the Puerto Rican flag. Of course we drove by for laughs, and of course we were approached constantly by people thinking we were looking for dope.

This stuff is bought and sold in plain sight, right in front of kids anf families. It's as though they accept it and don't think they can do anything about it. This part of Camden is raided every so often.. I'm talking hundreds of police, squad cars, wagons, and even helicopters circling over head and instructing the police who to arrest for dealing. They just converge on the neighborhood in the wink of an eye. It's crazy.

But again, sorry for saying you're wrong, but you are. This isn't Mayberry that they're living in, or dying in for that matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Oh yeah? What planet to you grow up on? Ever heard of the Charles Lindbergh case?

Yes really, it is a different world. I am very aware of the obscure Lindberg case, Thank you.

As far as your other story, my first point was that childrren are not to be left alone. Not because they are a menace to society and themselves. I am also a parent. I love my children more than anything on this crappy earth.

By the way, stupidity begets stupidity.
And Children Learn What They Live.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I blame the parents. I have a friend who works at the state aquarium here in New Jersey (Camden actually) and when I go visit her now and then I drive through Camden. I see unsupervised kids as young as 5 years old running all over the place out there. If you can't take care of your kids and supervise them then don't have them or forfeit them to somebody who will care.

BTW for you posters who live here in Jersey like me, have you noticed alot of Big Brother commercials on TV lately or adopt a child commercials? Seems to be a big campaign going on.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

BTW for you posters who live here in Jersey like me, have you noticed alot of Big Brother commercials on TV lately or adopt a child commercials? Seems to be a big campaign going on.

Actually, I didn't realize that until you mentioned it. Now that I think about it, there has been a lot of advertising for Big Brother-type programs lately. I guess they're seeing what we see when we drive through Camden. It's such a disgrace. Kids running through the street, unattended, while crack is being dealt 15 feet away. Sometimes when I drive through Camden, I think to myself "they should just carpet bomb this whole place and start over."

I will never understand why so many people don't realize the significance and the responsibility of bringing a child into this world. You see a person who shouldn't even be allowed to have one child, walking down the street with 6 of them. Then you see a pregnant woman smoking on the corner. It's just disgusting. Sometimes I wish God would grant me the power to neuter people with the wave of a wand.

It's a shame, because the majority of New Jersey is great communities. Just a few miles from Camden, in places like Haddonfield and Cherry Hill, is high society. Mansions galore. It just makes you wonder why people take certain paths in life, and what leads them to Camden, New Jersey. I give the city credit for trying to clean up and bring in new business. They've done a good job redoing the waterfront. But I think anything beyond what's been done already will be a lost cause. They'll just end up pushing the drugs and the trash closer to the good communities in South Jersey. I hate to sound like a snob, but that's just the way it is.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I believe alot of what is in Camden today was driven there from S. Philly when they started condemning areas years back.

Fortunately for me I'm all the way on the east side of NJ but still have S Toms River (Kinda like a small Camden) not too far away.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In an urban environment, especially such as a crime-ridden Camden, New Jersey, abandoned vehicles must be commonplace.
How many hundreds of people must have walked past that very auto.

As to the lack of audible calls for help. I can recall spending nights at my grandmother's when a child finding it difficult to sleep due to the constant din of traffic and street noise. There must have been much similar distraction in Camden.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i feel so bad for the boys.

and i will say it the mother did it.

no way would you not look in the trunk. no way, when you cannot find your babies you look everywhere- everywhere even in places they couldn't even physically fit (just in case)

and since the first invented car, kids have been attracted to them climbing into them, pretending to drive, getting into every area of the car, what stumps me is the cop, why he didnt open the trunk that one is wierd. (and i feel sorry for him, he will probably carry quilt about that for a long time)

just a tragic event all around.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tana
i feel so bad for the boys.

and i will say it the mother did it.

no way would you not look in the trunk. no way, when you cannot find your babies you look everywhere- everywhere even in places they couldn't even physically fit (just in case)

and since the first invented car, kids have been attracted to them climbing into them, pretending to drive, getting into every area of the car, what stumps me is the cop, why he didnt open the trunk that one is wierd. (and i feel sorry for him, he will probably carry quilt about that for a long time)

just a tragic event all around.

Assuming you're right, and the mother did do it, wouldn't it require the involvement or at least knowledge by her family members who ALSO didn't search the trunk for days? Why choose the mother as the murderer over the father? Shouldn't he have had the same responsibility as the mother for looking in the trunk?

I just think this was a childish act gone horribly wrong. The parents obviously are either bad parents or just had a temporary lapse in good parenting and a lot of horrible, horrible luck. I think the parents have paid the ultimate price for anything they may have done involuntarily. Living longer than your child is not natural, and it's not right. That being said, if anything was done intentionally by them (even though the preliminary autopsies say otherwise) then they should die a slow, extremely painful death far worse than anything their children endured.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I agree that the parents are the bad variety and they should have kept an eye and an ear open for them at all times, especially at those ages.

I can remember about 30 years ago when I was a kid and they found a young boy locked inside a refrigerator in my area.

They were looking for him for three days and he was in the box at the curb of the parents house. They never thought of searching the box. The garbage men found him the day of pick up.

Nowadays if you see a fridge curbside it more then likely has the door detached.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
They actually have The Refrigerator Safety Act which was enacted August 2, 1956.

www.cpsc.gov...

They should also have the same for automobiles.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This does reek of foul play.

Say what you will, but the car should have been searched BEFORE police are called, I mean, if the car was not in the yard, SURELY it would have been searched, or tracked down, or family members questioned.

But this to me is just like the two brothers and a friend that 'accidentally' drowned on May 26, 2005. Police didn't search during the night, found them the next day. Foul play I say.

The kind that can't be proven, the kind you would have to be sick to suggest, the kind that isn't going to be taken seriously.

It is an occult case, designed to draw sympathy and cause outrage.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by akilles]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Again I'm finding it hard to understand why the parents are immediately "guilty" of committing this particular kind of heinous crime - if such a crime has in fact occurred.

And are we talking "occult as in "hidden", or "occult" as in "more associated with supernatural/magical etc"?

The irony to me is that this is a community encouraged to make no such sweeping judgements until we have more knowledge; yet we're so very, very quick to act as judge and jury before we know what's happened.

Anyone able to point out exactly what makes this a murder vs. tragic accident/misadventure?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join