It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: The carve-up begins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Here we go. The oil giants are getting ready to divvy up their Iraqi war spoils. The problem is, the Iraqi people are not going to profit from this.

How stupid can these companies be?

Iraq: The carve-up begins
Tom Burgis
Thursday 23 June 2005

As the costs of the Iraq occupation spiral, British and American oil companies meet in secret next week to carve up the country's oil reserves for themselves. Tom Burgis reports

Executives from BP, Shell, Exxon Mobil and Halliburton, Dick Cheney's old firm, are expected to congregate at the Paddington Hilton for a two-day chinwag with top-level officials from Iraq's oil ministry. The gathering, sponsored by the British Government, is being described as the "premier event" for those with designs on Iraqi oil, and will go ahead despite opposition from Iraqi oil workers, who fear their livelihoods are being flogged to foreigners. The Met will be on hand to secure the venue ahead of the conference.
www.thelondonline.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I hope this didn't surprise you any. It certainly didn't surprise me when I read it.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I hope this didn't surprise you any. It certainly didn't surprise me when I read it.

Based on the security situation there right now and the general unrest, it actually does. How can anyone be so dumb? I wouldn't want to go work there. Not for all the denro in the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
You said it....deniro. It's all about that. The companies probably figure that if anyone is killed they can settle any lawsuits with the family, and still make huge profits from the oil sales.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
But wait...didn't we just read in another ECK post that Britain was on the verge of pulling out of Iraq and abandoning us? How can this be, if they are hosting a conference on the future of Iraq's oil production/disbursement?

if British Troops pull out that is gonna be a huge stress on us. We can't exactly pull out at this point. The mission waS to secure the oil. and it sure isn't secure. What to do.?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ECK, you have so many conflicting conspiracies rolling around in your head that you can't keep them straight.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
And all the brass in Washington exclaimed that this war was not for oil. This is yet another direct conflict that has been spewing from the mouths of those whom we elected and put a reasonable amount of confidence in. I hate to say it but it appears that the MIC or Military Industrial Complex, is chugging away and fuffilling the rumors that were denied all along among certain intrest groups around the world. I wonder just how many barrels of oil is worth risking the lives of our men and women in uniform along with the coalition's members? Bush and Cheney I feel, conspired with others to get this war off to a good start. Does anyone out there know just how much oil is beneath the ground in Iraq? This may sound weird but why cannot we develop our proven reserves here in the U.S.? Is our govt. trying to preserve ours while we deplete the rest of the worlds just to ensure that we have a comfortable stash?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
yea... they only went there for the oil they said that they wanted to help... yea... they helped a little but they will take all the oil
y is u.s.a always fighting other peoples wars and trying to help people that didnt ask for help???

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
But wait...didn't we just read in another ECK post that Britain was on the verge of pulling out of Iraq and abandoning us? How can this be, if they are hosting a conference on the future of Iraq's oil production/disbursement?

ECK, you have so many conflicting conspiracies rolling around in your head that you can't keep them straight.

I was discussing the British military possibly pulling out. Those companies hire private contractors for security anyway. I'm surprised you don't know that.

top topics

join