It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The best way to tell what's going on in Iraq is to listen to Bush administration pronouncements. Flip what they say and you'll find the truth. Cheney is under some bizarre belief that the insurgency is on its last legs. Of course. And I am actually a blue arangutang who is a part-time astronaut for NASA.

U.S. headed for disaster when efforts in Iraq collapse

Red flags flapping sharply in the wind signal our country is on the verge of a major political - and economic - setback.

We may now be only weeks away from a complete collapse of the Iraqi army and the withdrawal of British troops from Iraq in the face of overwhelming public pressure on Tony Blair.

That is a realistic projection based on the reports of two Washington Post reporters, whose dispatches from inside Iraqi Army units and U.S. units assigned to train and work with the Iraqi military have just been published.

What the Post reporters found was massive disenchantment on both sides: American forces bitterly disappointed with the Iraqi government forces, and Iraqi troops harboring similar feelings toward their American counterparts. Only a small percentage of all Iraqi troops are now estimated to be adequately trained to take over the defense of their country. Desertions are widespread.
www.herald-dispatch.com...

J_3

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
if British Troops pull out that is gonna be a huge stress on us. We can't exactly pull out at this point. The mission waS to secure the oil. and it sure isn't secure. What to do.?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by J_3
if British Troops pull out that is gonna be a huge stress on us. We can't exactly pull out at this point. The mission waS to secure the oil. and it sure isn't secure. What to do.?

Hold up. They said the mission was to disarm Saddam's WMD capability. Then it turned into bringing Democracy to the Iraqi people. As if they ever in a million years have been that.

I hope for their sake and ours they now do. I have my doubts, though.

[edit on 6/26/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
and you forgot the bit he said we are doing this for 9/11 or something to that effect.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yes. They would love for us to believe this had something to do with 9-11, which it clearly does not.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
There is another aspect you all arent seeing. If we bring back all the soldiers from overseas it will kill an already slumping economy. Unemployment rates will jump. Sure the collapse of american economy will happen but this will accelerate it.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Actually, another thing you're missing is that if we pull out now, there's going to be total chaos because there is no army to defend the country, and barely a police force to protect the civilians. It would be very easy for another country to step in with the excuse that they're trying to keep the peace and help keep the area from destabilizing.

Whatever you feel about the war, and whatver excuse you want to believe for why we're there, we're there and it's our responsibility to STAY there until they can protect themselves, and are strong enough to keep from being taken over by someone else.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Two unnamed reporters from the notoriously liberal biased Washington Post offer their opinions, and we're supposed to tremble and cry Woe is Me?

We all want this mess in Iraq to be over with, but please, ECK, enough with the anti-US hyperbole. There's no way the Brits are going to suddenly abandon us in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Two unnamed reporters from the notoriously liberal biased Washington Post

Please prove this statement. I have never ever heard the WP called liberal before. Always republican. Isn't it owned by that guy Sung Yun-Moon or something? The cultist?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Please prove this statement. I have never ever heard the WP called liberal before. Always republican. Isn't it owned by that guy Sung Yun-Moon or something? The cultist?

That would be the Washington Times, not the Post.

I must point out that the Washing Post, the allegedly liberal newspaper whom many conservatives allege are out to destroy the republic with their anti-american liberal stance, attacked the liberal congressmen who spoke up about the Downing Street Memo.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

You're thinking of the Washington Times. And yeah, the owner of that is a bigtime Republican supporter and fruitcake in the extreme.

Isn't it funny how when you post a link, if its an alternative site, you get attacked for it being out of the mainstream. When you post a mainstream link, its attacked for being liberal. It's ridiculous. The sources I use are solid. If folks don't like that, too bad.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Washington Post and New York Times were liberal papers, but they have effectively jumped on the neocon bandwagon in the years since 9/11, along with the bulk of the corporate news media period.

That there are a few reporters anywhere in the corporate media that are still willing to question the administration's policy of "make believe" WRT Iraq is actually something of a pleasant suprise.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
There is another aspect you all arent seeing. If we bring back all the soldiers from overseas it will kill an already slumping economy. Unemployment rates will jump. Sure the collapse of american economy will happen but this will accelerate it.

And you base this wild hypothesis on....?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I must point out that the Washing Post, the allegedly liberal newspaper whom many conservatives allege are out to destroy the republic with their anti-american liberal stance, attacked the liberal congressmen who spoke up about the Downing Street Memo.

..and was one of the main cheerleaders for the invasion, based on faulty intel. They weren't lied to. They avoided seeing the truth at all costs. It's pretty easy when your job's on the line.

top topics

join