It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voluntary Amnesia in the Service of War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It's stunning that in the face of the Iraqi quagmire, this adminstration continues to push its insane agenda with regard to Iran.

We can't even get a hold on Iraq.

If Bush's poll numbers drop even further, I wouldn't doubt it one bit if another "terrorist attack happened." That'd get the sheep back in line. And quiet.

Voluntary Amnesia in the Service of War

by Norman Solomon

06/23/05 - - Forget it!

That seems to be an unstated motto for American media coverage of the Iranian presidential election. The axiom comes down to: “Don’t let history get in the way of spin.”

Evasion smoothes the way to the next war.

For maximum propaganda effect, the agenda-setting must be decoupled as much as possible from clear truths -- about the current president’s mendacity in connection with Iraq, and about the record of U.S. government actions toward Iran.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
sure, who cares what bushs approval numbers are!, what is he going to run again?
bush doesnt care about approval ratings anymore, no need to. All he's got to do now is finish out his term.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Look at the larger picture. No one in the GOP can be happy about this. We have elections soon approaching. Normally this spells disaster for the president's party. If things go further south, the Democrats could take both houses next time around, if in fact, the elections are not rigged. And on that, I won't hold my breath. The only thing that could keep the GOP from going dirty like that is massive public opinion against their candidates.

join