It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question, no debate please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I feel that America has changed and we as citizens have lost rights. I do think we are headed for some type of new goverment in this country. So my question is : Where would you go to seek refuge from this new goverment? What country would you choose and Why?

I am not here to Question the NWO thing , but those who feel we are headed towards a NWO. what is your response to my question?

Thank You

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well, you can rule out all Western nations, as they are already under control of the elite. The only one might be New Zealand, I figure.

Next, you wouldn't want to go to one that they want to control. Unfortunately, that leaves very few.

A friend figures on moving to Venesuala in a few years. Seems to be a bad choice, considering they have oil, and are already on the radar.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
America, still. Unless some of the apocalyptic scenarios(US faking or allowing an attack that dwarfs 9/11, thus creating all out martial law and inciting world war 3 stuff) happens, I like the freedom America still has. It's one thing to acknowlege the bad things America is doing, or read too much into conspiracy/paranoid logic, but the fact remains for the most part the US is a pretty good place to live. I mena, would ya rather live in the war torn middle east or central Africa?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitagent
America, still.

America is STILL a GREAT place to live, and will be for a long time to come. Too many people are interested in keeping and protecting our civil liberties. Not everyone has forgotten how important they are. People need to stop reading too much into conspiracy theory, take it for what it is: THEORY. All these conspiracy types don't seem to realize how good we really have it.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jasestrong
I feel that America has changed and we as citizens have lost rights.

Could you maybe give an example? I just wanna see what directions you're looking into this at.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Again i was just asking from those who feel the same way i do. I am glad some of you, sebatwerk Think that this is the best country. this is not what i was asking. So thank you for your insight. I don't need speeches about rights and being a patriot, i have served this country my entire adult life and i have suffered.

Those that feel like i do where would you go? I was thinking Like iceland, Norway, Finland, Sweden, maybe south America or Central America.

I am looking for Quality of life, we work 40 to 60 hours a week and this is the norm, and there is no consideration for the employee or their family. Other countrys have a better work week, better pay, free health care, better family programs which in turn makes a better family. I am tired of being the cursed middle class, and carrying the load for everyone else. I would like free health care and not spend almost $600 a month on health insurance. I would love food stamps that would save me so much money. I WANT TO LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE THE FAMILY IS HELD IN HIGHER REGUARD.

Jason

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Again i was just asking from those who feel the same way i do.

Why only from those that agree?

This is an open site and everything is open for debate. Sorry, you just can't single people out.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I am looking for Quality of life, we work 40 to 60 hours a week and this is the norm, and there is no consideration for the employee or their family. Other countrys have a better work week, better pay, free health care, better family programs which in turn makes a better family. I am tired of being the cursed middle class, and carrying the load for everyone else. I would like free health care and not spend almost $600 a month on health insurance. I would love food stamps that would save me so much money. I WANT TO LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE THE FAMILY IS HELD IN HIGHER REGUARD.

Sounds like you have a crappy job, (please tell me you aren't basing the US on walmart or something) I don't know many people in person who are having so extreme a problem... is there a possibility for you to work for Gordon Food Service? They have incredible benefits and are a great employer.

Every other time I've seen questions like this the general agreement seems to be New Zeeland is the best place. It's beautiful too, but the one person I've known from New Zeeland was amazed at how people lived in the US.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Australia/NZ used the be "the place" but now I think Belize is becoming more popular. I've heard Americn Samoa is nice.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i believe its all biblical. a prophecy that is being fulfilled. it's all in God's hands. i put not trust in any one nation or group but i put my full trust in God.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If you want a place that is out of the way, try some of the south pacific
island/nations like Toga, Fiji or Samoa (not to be confused with American
Samoa). If you want to live somewhere that values family, look at some of the out of the way asian nations. Singapor (very low crime rate), Cambodia
(Kampuchea) or even Vietnam (they are still communist but are very welcoming to westerners - the dollar goes a long ways there).
There are some countries in the "west" that may be what your looking for:
Costa Rica (very beautiful and very stable - low crime) or Belieze (same as
Costa Rica). Both are located in central america.

Do a google search on these and judge for yourself

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Hah! you think you can go somewhere where the quality of life is better than the US??? Worker's rights? Better pay? You think you can beat the US in ANY of these categories???

The only thing about the US is really health care. Canada is your best choice in that case, or some of the bigger European or Southern American countries. But even so, worker's rights are non-existant in most of those places, and the economies are so bad that you probably wouldnt even be able to find a job anyways.

I am originally from Argentina (was born there, brought to the US when I was 3) and, while that used to be considered "the place to be" for Europeans, it never was and will never be anything compared to the US. You have liberties and protection here that are unheard of in other countries. That will not change, regardless of what conspiracy theorists tell you. Get over it dude, you're exaggerating JUST A BIT.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have been to Costa Rica and i loved it, i just think i would need more money to get set up. NZ sounds great but the immigration laws are real tough, they seem to favor common wealth countrys.

Thanks for the advice

Jason

top topics

join