It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Behind Missile Smuggling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

If the government would set up something like this, it really makes the BUSH behind 9/11 theory seem alot more realistic

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
You're forgetting the fact that they set it up as a sting operation to CATCH the guy trying to buy missiles.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Again somyhing real fishy about this,their really tryin to push in the media how dangerous these things are and how many of then are in circulation, I read on FTW about AF1 being a target, today in the paper a big peice about AF1. We know theres loads of these things about supplied by the US to Afganistan why make such a fuss over one...... look out for a TW800 near you SOON!

CBS>Aug. 13� Administration officials are leaving out key facts and exaggerating the significance of the alleged plot to smuggle a shoulder-launched missile into the United States, law enforcement officials told ABCNEWS. They say there's a lot less than meets the eye.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I read on FTW about AF1 being a target, today in the paper a big peice about AF1. We know theres loads of these things about supplied by the US to Afganistan why make such a fuss over one...... look out for a TW800 near you SOON!

Unlike Air Force One though...civil airliners don't have countermeasures...

They're making such a fuss, so it shows the public that their war on terrorism is "working" of course....
As to how effectively.....???

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This runs along the same lines as the police setting up female officers as prostitutes who proposition would be Johns. If a hot chick walks up to a guy and says "for a hundred bucks, you can have your way with me" whether he;s in the market for it or not, his instinct will make him consider it so you've created a crime that might have otherwise not happened. I oft wonder how many murders are taking place while our vice squads spend a fortune on making sure someone is sexually gratified. I think to myself, why aren't you guys setting up these operations to catch terrorist rather than hasseling people who's only hope of sex might be a prostitute. I know a bunch of you are torn up about this but I, frankly am damn glad to see them turn their attention toward the enemies of the people and off the people themselves. Priorities..people..priorities.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
How hard is it to buy one of these missiles in the US? I know you can buy side arms in the US but what about this kind of hardware?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
This runs along the same lines as the police setting up female officers as prostitutes who proposition would be Johns. If a hot chick walks up to a guy and says "for a hundred bucks, you can have your way with me" whether he;s in the market for it or not, his instinct will make him consider it so you've created a crime that might have otherwise not happened. I oft wonder how many murders are taking place while our vice squads spend a fortune on making sure someone is sexually gratified. I think to myself, why aren't you guys setting up these operations to catch terrorist rather than hasseling people who's only hope of sex might be a prostitute. I know a bunch of you are torn up about this but I, frankly am damn glad to see them turn their attention toward the enemies of the people and off the people themselves. Priorities..people..priorities.

You mean like the 1000 Agents Ken Starr had diverted from checking why people from hostile nations are taking flying lesson...all except the landing part? Or when the Attorney general submitted his budget increase request, it included zero spending increases for counter terrorism, that he actualy proposed CUTS in that category?
No, it's the fact that they are trying to pass off interdiction readiness and effectiveness as a steady state - when all it was .....was a staged event.
You want a more accurate analogy? Think of a canned hunt, where you go to a preserve and some African herd animal is caged in an half acre compound - would you consider yourself a great hunter for harvesting that animal?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
You mean like the 1000 Agents Ken Starr had diverted from checking why people from hostile nations are taking flying lesson...all except the landing part? Or when the Attorney general submitted his budget increase request, it included zero spending increases for counter terrorism, that he actualy proposed CUTS in that category?

Thats exact;ly what I mean. Right on target BoutTime.

No, it's the fact that they are trying to pass off interdiction readiness and effectiveness as a steady state - when all it was .....was a staged event.
You want a more accurate analogy? Think of a canned hunt, where you go to a preserve and some African herd animal is caged in an half acre compound - would you consider yourself a great hunter for harvesting that animal?

No, I'll stick to harvesting from my veggie garden thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"How hard is it to buy one of these missiles in the US? I know you can buy side arms in the US but what about this kind of hardware?"
======================================

To put bluntly, damnnear bloody impossible!!

But the real question here is "how much money do you have?".

As we say in America "Money talks, BS walks"!!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So it would have been feasable to buy one of these things in the US without the need to import it?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good Flick!

I do hunt ( bow ), and harvest is what responsible hunters call a kill. I abhor the canned hunts; they violate the spirit of the animal, and the "hunters" as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Now we have ABC news doubting the official story.

And then you have Bush say this:

In Texas, President Bush said Lakhani's arrest undercuts criticism by Democrats that his administration was not doing enough to fight terrorism. "The fact that we're able to sting this guy is a pretty good example of what we're doing in order to protect the American people," Bush said.

www.foxnews.com...

Unsaid message: I'm going to be re-elected because it is for your own good, look at all of these evildoers that we are stinging.

Check this out: Gallup poll of G.W. Bush approval rating.

www.gallup.com...

On Sept 7-10 (2001) 51% approved. On Sept 21-22 (2001), 90% approved of Bush. As of Aug 4-6 (2003), 60% approve of Bush.

The war on terrorism continues to garner support for Bush. Once his approval rating starts to drop some more, I suspect we'll have another domestic terrorist incident. We are already seeing rumblings. The month of August is not over yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So it would have been feasable to buy one of these things in the US without the need to import it?

Actually, there is little need to. Theres alot of Stinger and Red eye missles unaccounted for in the national inventory. If you got the cash, theres some scuz bucket somewhere who will sell it to you. And really, stingers and red eyes are more reliable than the somewhat arhcaic designs of the russians, which have been sitting dusty and nelglected in warehouses all over the former soviet union. Getting these missiles through cutoms, or figuring out a way to smuggle them into the country is damn neigh impossible, with the Coast Guard on super Alert since 9/11, and even drugs having a hard time getting into this country. (Herion prices have gone up in Seattle, because its like 1o times harder to get the # in from southeast asia than it was before 9/11)

Thus, if I was a terrorist, why import missiles to shoot down planes, when i can, through the right people, go buy one within the black market? No cutoms, no security check points, ect.

I have been looking, coincidentally enough, into flight 800 for the past year because I have felt somehow, it was connected to 9/11 even though it was years before. The two just seemed somehow linked.

Was TWA 800 an early test run for future projects? its interesting, the authorities that arrested that dude in the Philipines for the 93 WTC bombing, and they discovered plans and sketches on his hard drive for the feasability of using commercial aircraft as weapons. They found this in 95. In 96, TWA flight 800. That same year, a couple of guys were caught doing a dry run of hijacking a flight out of Tokyo with the intent on crashing it. Even though it was just a test run, more or less hijackers going through the motions, it still freakened the Japanese out.

Im seeing more and more links.........

top topics

join