It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public School House Number 4

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If anyone needs some more people to go to school four with get at my myspace and we will get a group together.

myspace.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i went last year and we took pictures and videos of it. in one of the videos you can hear something that sounds like a man breathing really hard. and in some of the pictures we took it looked like there were more people in the hallways and rooms than us. i was terrified. we did make a sandcastle and put matchbox cars and army men on it though. i wish i could find those pictures to put them on here.
-kim

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yikes, I hate haunted places o.0

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If/ when you guys/ gals make it up there again... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a camera... I live across the country, so will not be able to help, but am intrigued greatly by what I have read about it. Best of luck, be cautious and by all means this is a perfect excuse for a "Kodak Moment"

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Flat out it's awesome. Go there and make sure to try and split from some of your friends to scare the # out of them. So many rooms to hide in. The basement is sick as hell. It was to wet to go on the roof though

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
That school is amazing.
some rooms have a creepy feeling
it is very dark
when you first walk in its scary
one room is very dark and very cold
it has a ghostly feeling it is also very quiet

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I just went so school four last night. it's really eerie. i didn't get to explore much as we were taking band photos. but i saw most of the first and second floor. the auditorium is the best part. but there's and really strange smell around this area. I plan on going back durning the day to take some photos. as for it being haunted or not. it felt like someone was messing with us the whole time we there.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I'm making a movie about school four. I myself have been there,we had cell phones,lighters,and ciggerates. I went in the basement but not the boiler room. I went through I think the entire first and second floor. I will be going back sometime soon. I've been trying to find some people that did indeed go to the school,and I want to hear what it was like for other people who went there,and maybe find some of the people who performed"satenist" rituals there.if you want to find me somewhere other than here, *personal information removed* ,srry,didn't come up with the url. Thnx for the information posted here! oh and by the way,the entire time I was there,I felt normal. A little bit on edge,but I was fine.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CloudlessKnight

It's a good thing that you didn't go any further in....the floors have a nasty habit of collapsing (I've fallen through one before). The story I was told, and I've never been able to find out if it's true or false, was that there was a fire and a bunch of kids got trapped inside and burned to death which is why they closed the school. The same story also says that shortly after that a satanic cult started using the basement and tried to open a "hellgate". Like I said, I've never been able to find anything on either part of the story, so as far as I know it's not true, but who knows. I live in Jacksonville and before they put that nasty electric/chain link fence up I used to go exploring on a monthly basis. I never found the entrance to the basement, but there are some interesting bits of satanic graffiti inside. Probablly left by someone who heard the same story as I did and wanted to keep it going.

i did, however, have a few strange experiances there over the last 10 years. One time I felt hands on my shoulders as I tried to climb in the window shove me back out. i fell into the courtyard and was very lucky that i didn't get hurt on all the rebar and broken glass. That was the last time I went inside. I've felt something breathing down my neck, seen things out of the corner of my eye, heard strange sounds and voices. Once I could have sworn i saw someone hanging from the auditorum ceiling through the window but when I got there it was gone.

Just thought i'd share.
Oona

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
well actually i was there today it seems like now all kids do there is drink alcohol but theres and open window now you can get into the i guess one of the rooms as soon as you get it in the school its the worst feeling in the world. But the school is so beautiful. i just wish people would respect it more.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thefallensoul

UGH it makes me SO MAD that they're tearing it down!! when i was spending the night at my friends house, her sister told us about the school. She said the reason it closed down was because a girl got murdered there but I dont knoe if that's true. But I'm like, 13 and I want to go into the school, but of course I have no way too. It'll probably be gone by the time i get my license
I live in Orange Park and Im going to go to the library and look through their newspapers from 1959 and 1960 and try to find out why it REALLY closed. I remember I was cloming back from somewhere a week or two after Anna told me about the school and we where on the I-10 overpass right next to it and I saw the name and was like "OH MY GOSH! THATDS THE SCHOOL ANNA WAS TALKING ABOUT!!" It sounds like a gerat place to explore.. it just makes me so mad that they're tearing it down and building a stupid duplex. I'm going to try to find the current owner and talk to him about it. And maybe, one of my friends can find us a ride there and we can go inside.. but i doubt that =[[

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I just wanna let you know that I'm going to School Four with a few friends this Friday (Halloween). We plan on bringing the Ouija Board to try to talk to spirits..if they're there. But I'll let you know what happens!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Its not haunted. It caught fire in 1916 and was condemned thats it. Speaking of exploring the Stupid Crew runs it and its impossible to explore the entire thing without getting caught by them.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
"I was told that one of the Janitor's at the school went psycho and killed a few of the students there. After the incident many parents withdrew their children and the school was eventually shut down and the building was condemned. The school is said to be haunted, but of course that is nothing more than an urban legend. Many kids have since tagged the place and further destroyed what is left of the building. I do not recommend that you tour the place because it's very and unstable and of course you'll probably be arrested for trespassing.
"

Although the above speculation is interesting and intriguing, I'm afraid that I have some boring and far less sexy information than the mass murder legends - among other things - that are circulating about Public School #4 (aka the Annie Lytle School) on the cusp of downtown in the Riverside area of Jacksonville.

The school was decommissioned over a land use dispute circa 1960 after being a secondary school since 1916. It was sold into private ownership about 1974 when it was slated to be converted into condos, or artist colony housing, or a senior community, or .....the list goes on. The further destroyed and vandalized it became, the more expensive it got for developers to refurbish it, so backburnered it was and there it remains. It's a cool, spooky looking building, but the bottom line is that the basement is cold because its underground, not because its haunted. You can't find documented evidence of a mass murder because it didn't happen. Sure would be nice to see the old eyesore made more pretty and useful and interesting - much nicer than seeing some goofy kids' "taggggzzzz". Word up to ya momma, or whoever raized ya sorry butt! Everybody knows peops tagz cuz they need a cheap high anyway. Har har...........

Heres some credible scoop to let you know whats going on with the Lytle Building (Public School #4):

I read about the stuff above. And decided to copy it to put it on here, But seriously, i live here and theres nothing haunted about it.

The roof is still in tact. Yea the structure isnt very safe to go in, but you can def go into it.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

me and couple of buddies are planing to explore the school some time this week and we were wondering if you would want to come. if so write to us at [email protected]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
As I'm Writing This A Group Of My Friends Are Walking Through The Halls Of P.S. Four. I've Been There A Few Times Myself. The Place Is Not "Haunted" And The Legends Behind The School Are Completely False. I Have A Family Member Who Attended The School. The Building Just Lost It's Use Over Time. A Lot Of People Say It's A Historic Place, But Really It's Not. It Was Just A School. Nothing Great Ever Became Of It. It's Actually Scheduled For Demolition. They Have Already Begun To Move In Equipment To Take The Place Down. I'm Going In The Next Week To Get A Last Good Look At The Place Before They Tear It Down. It's A Really Beautiful Place. I Think They Should Just Remodel And Find a Use For It. But Sadly They Won't.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join