It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katie Holmes was missing for 16 days before she publicly dated Tom Cruise

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by frogs453
they made a bet that no one could start a new religion that people would
follow, and he said that he could do it. I guess I will have to research that.

www.tafkac.org...

www.bible.ca...

I hadn't heard that before so I took a look around.
Interesting. The Church of Scientology sued and WON against
people who claimed L. Ron Hubbard said that. However, the
evidence does support that he did say it.

IF he did say it, he was right. Start a religion, get tax exempt
status, and sell a new 'better' religion to people. It will take
off ... especially in California.
Smart guy really.

[edit on 6/28/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
An friend of mine mentioned being "kidnapped" by Scientlogists for a few days. I didn't get details but I will ask her about it now. I also read that Scarlett Johansen was on the "potentials" list.

For the record though, Katie Holmes and Chris Klein broke up a couple of months before she even met Tom Cruise. Apparently she had been going on and on about how she wanted to meet Brad Pitt, then suddenly she's hooked up with Cruise.

There has been a lot of hubub about the marriage to Nicole. Their 2 kids were birthed with a surrogate. Then just before the split Nicole had a miscarriage. Rumor is it wasn't Tom's and he knew it (since he's GAY and all) and that was some sort of breach of contract. Thus the split.

I've spent way too much time on this- LOL

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It's hard to believe Nicole Kidman would be a party to such a deception. But, who knows? I always thought it was weird that no one ever knew why they adopted instead of having their own.

If Cruise is gay he should just come out and say it. This weird behavior is annoying - being that its thrown in our faces 24/7.

As far as scientology goes, L. Ron Hubbard can sit on a stick and spin for all I care.
He ain't gettin' my money! The Lord only asks for 10%!!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The best part, Scientologists are inhabited by space aliens. But where did these creatures come from? Not just a flying saucer, no better than that. An intergalactic DC8. Yes, a piece of crap plane, but yet, aliens thought it was sutable for intergalactic travel to earth. You wont see any first or second rate airlines flying DC8s, but those lights over Pheonix, simply explained.

HOnestly, some of the beliefs and sily ideas they have are hilarious. Mainstream media is watching this for the sheer entertainment value. Cruise is a homo, Scientology a fraud, and the cameras are watching!

I find it also interesting that while they say drugs and medications i so bad, thier GOD, Hubbard himself was seriously high on everything he could pop, snort, inject and analy insert. Kinda hippocritical. And they ignore that fact and hid behind how great he was. Yeah, he was great, and high as a friggin zepplin.

Scientologists are the ones who need serious mental help and medication. Someone should take some concern and blow-dart Cruise a nice sedative.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Do you have any links to document Hubbard's drug use? That would be very helpful.

It's nothing more than a money making thing.

I've even heard Hubbard has been involved with intelligence work (not sure exactly if he was on the up and up or just doing his own wack thing).

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yeah, I get blasted for reporting this site all the time, but its very good and well organized, and best yet, by a former Scientologist.

Xenu

This who Scientology thing has given me scary dreams and such lately. And I normally dont have unpleasant dreams. It cant be just a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I wouldnt have called Hubbard and Scientology in the buisness of intelligence gathering as we know it, but would liken it more to organized crime and a form of terrorism long before terrorism existed as we know it.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
This who Scientology thing has given me scary dreams and such lately. And I normally dont have unpleasant dreams. It cant be just a coincidence.

They have no power over you.

Sweet dreams.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I wouldnt have called Hubbard and Scientology in the buisness of intelligence gathering as we know it, but would liken it more to organized crime and a form of terrorism long before terrorism existed as we know it.

I would describe them as a criminal syndicate. They were just alleged to have been involved with US espionage.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I know they have no power over me. As I have stated, I see this whole Tom Cruise thing and renewed interest in Scientology as entertainment. However, its more of the stories and things I have read about Scientology that has caused me great concern.

Also, there are the apologists that say Im nuts, when in fact its the opposite. Its just a scary cult that is worse than the Mob.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

I would describe them as a criminal syndicate. They were just alleged to have been involved with US espionage.

Criminal Syndicate is good too. Involved in US espionage? Cooperation with the US? I sincerly hope not. Do you have a link for this, or a search critera to try?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Katy Holmes, Tom Cruise, L. Ron Hubbard....ok, here goes, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, i'm trying, ok, done trying, now let me check....

Nope, I still don't care....hmmmmmm

Wupy

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What I wanna know is are there any members of the Church of Scientology here at ATS? If so, it would nice to get their input.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

ECK, I can totally understand why a Scientologist on ATS would not want to get invlolved in this thread.

I'm not a Scientologist, but I believe I am the apologist
referred to earlier in thread. And for the record, I was not the one calling people nuts based on their personal beliefs.

Maybe this thread will help you understand why sometimes it's just not worth the effort.

Scientology a Cult?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

ECK, I can totally understand why a Scientologist on ATS would not want to get invlolved in this thread.

I can too. Thx for the link anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yeah, being in a cult isnt nuts or crazy. The fact that they drain thier members of every penny isnt bad either. Individual Scientologists might not be bad people, that still doesnt justify the leadership and thier methods.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have it on good "gossip" authority (a forum that my Mrs is involved in) that Tom Cruise was caught in bed with Rob Thomas (of MB20) by Rob's wife. (This was also heard on a radio station today). Tom Cruises's PR people went into damage control and recruited Katie to head off these rumours. She is being paid $8,000,000 to stay with him for five years.

Tom Cruise is gay - has been for years. He was caught with some Asian film crew boys. He can't divulge his sexual preferences because it would ruin his career. He has been typecast as an action type hero - if he were to "come out", the viewing public couldn't take him seriously in action type roles.

The Scientologists know he is gay - as part of their recruitment you have to confess stuff. The reason why he promotes them so vehemently is so that they don't divulge his sexual preferences, thus ruining his career. Kind of like blackmail.

John Travolta is BI - all is not rosy in his marriage either.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Maybe he doesn't want to be a gay bashing victim.. it still seems to be a popular past time for many.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yeah, being in a cult isnt nuts or crazy. The fact that they drain thier members of every penny isnt bad either. Individual Scientologists might not be bad people, that still doesnt justify the leadership and thier methods.

Yeah, being in a cult isnt nuts or crazy. The fact that they drain thier members of every penny isnt bad either. Individual Catholics might not be bad people, that still doesnt justify the leadership and thier methods.

Glass houses and all.. I can't see any difference.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Catholicism is not a cult. Im not a Catholic, but I would say that thier leadership could use adjustment. They honestly help people that need it, and dont make a big deal out of 'donations' as the Scientologists do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join