It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katie Holmes was missing for 16 days before she publicly dated Tom Cruise

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
last summer. i was staying with a friend in hollywood. they didnt find me, i asked about a job and it went on from there. dianetics is the belief that our mind holds tension fears and apprehensions based on past experiences. in caveman days it was need that way if fred flintstone was attacked by a wooly mammoth he would always have a fear of being around a live one. but in todays day and age it is not needed. lets say a contemporary man is hit by a pitch with a baseball while playing the game. 5 years later he may be playing catch with his son when his son throws a wild one. it goes out into the trees and misses him by 10 feet but the dad still feels threatened, scared, and angry because his mind is not extra sensitive to the thought of being hit. ............and interesting concept, from a scientific point of view.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hmmm dianetics kinda falls over if you are a soldier though doesn't it? "well, I just saw my buddy wander down a dirt road, step on a land-mine and get blown to smithereens....oh well, I can just ignore my fear & apprehension about walking down the same road, after all, it's just my inner caveman"

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
Hmmm dianetics kinda falls over if you are a soldier though doesn't it? "well, I just saw my buddy wander down a dirt road, step on a land-mine and get blown to smithereens....oh well, I can just ignore my fear & apprehension about walking down the same road, after all, it's just my inner caveman"

LOL!!!

theres some funny and weird stuff in this thread

i gotta tell all of you; while i was reading this i thought of a cool theory when they showed katies face w/no makeup

i thought 'maybe there is some kind of evil thing like body snatchers
and it leaves those marks because it crawls in thru the mouth LOL

it must have little legs or something...
anyways
they have been body snatched

thought u would like to hear that

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
scientology is a very weird and somewhat scary thing. if its not a cult then i dont know what is. maybe katie had a breakout. i think we might be over reacting about that picture.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
About him being gay, this song was in Top Gun:

Playing with the Boys

Even if you've never heard the song, deny that.

Sorry, I couldn't resist long enough to read all the posts, so if no one has yet, could someone explain scientology and why they'd set up a marriage like this?

I liked him, but after hearing that he went crazy and hearing that he's a scientologist, my respect for him kinda took a dive. But I'm still going to see War of the Worlds.

Next topic: Matt Damon and Brad Pitt are the same person.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I agree, if you look at katie, she looks scared. Its sad. Whan he told matt lauer he knew the history of psychology, I started looking into scientology. wacky stuff....

The origin of the cult's belief that their bodies are inhabited by the wandering souls of fried space aliens. Yes, Cruise and Travolta believe this.

Originally written by L. Ron Hubbard.

The head of the Galactic Confederation (76 planets founded 95 million years ago) solved overpopulation by mass implanting.

He caused people to be brought to Teegeeack (Earth) and put an H bomb on the principal volcanoes and then the Pacific area ones were taken in boxes to Hawaii and the Atlantic Area ones to Las Palmas and there 'packaged'.

His name was 'Xenu'. He used renegades. Various misleading data by means of circuits, etc. were placed in the implants. When through with his crime Loyal Officers (to the people) captured him after 6 years of battle and put him in an electronic mountain trap where he still is.

'They' are gone. The Confederation has since been a desert.
www.scientology-kills.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow look at this list. It shows the celebrity and who they reciuted. Includes Cruise, Travolta, LisaMarie and Prascilla Presnley, Nancy Cartwright (voice of Bart Simpson), Al Jarrue, Mario ANdretti, Sonnie Bono, Ann Archer...............

home.snafu.de...

[edit on 27-6-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

There were 16 days in April during which no one seems to know where she was.

My guess is 2 weeks of "dianetic therapy" to convince her that this "relationship" isn't kinda "sick"....

It's not the May/December thing....it's her own comments...

Something to the effect of "ever since I was a little girl I wanted to marry Tom Cruise!"....

Sorry, but that isn't creeping anybody else out???

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I'm not sure if Mel is a standard

Nope. He's Pope Piux X. SPPX Society. They are Pre-Vatican II.
I've been to their Masses a few times. Excellent Mass. Their
beliefs and habits are too extreme for me (like women have to
have their heads covered by a hat or veil during mass and SPPX
believes that those who aren't Catholic are going to hell).

There is serious question as to if the Vatican acknowledges the
SPPX Masses as valid. Many say they do not. Some say they do.
I have been researching this for about a year.... I can't come
up with ANYTHING that says absolutely that the Vatican
excommunicated SPPX folks ... even though most priests will
tell you that they have been.

So no. Not a standard Catholic.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Something to the effect of "ever since I was a little girl I wanted to marry Tom Cruise!".... that isn't creeping anybody else out???

YES. I'm officially creeped. Also - her body language tells me that she's
either very nervous or she's not in love. I doubt there will be a wedding
at all. Betchya' the programming hasn't 'taken' and she backs out.
Her face breaking so bad could be stress .. going from semi-practicing
Catholic to Scientology in one easy indoctrination camp ... selling out ..
signing a 5 year contract that deep down goes against what she knows
to be correct .... STRESS and zits follow.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Something to the effect of "ever since I was a little girl I wanted to marry Tom Cruise!"....

Sorry, but that isn't creeping anybody else out???

It is a little strange and you know what other relationship it reminds me of....John Travolta's. He's another scientology whackjob. Kelly Preston said the same thing about herself wanting to marry Travolta when she grew up.
*hears Twilight Zone theme*

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Based on what I've read about Dianetics and what I know of scientology......I totally think Cruise 'brained' Katie Holmes. I was suspicious the second I heard him talk about her......the word 'amazing' over and over again. The fact that there was a media blitz for like, a week and a half before marraige plans were announced is also suspicious - they both had huge movies coming out!

The circumstansial evidence is overwhelming.......Cruise is probably the biggest actor in the world and thusly represents a pretty big advertisement and authority(naive trust placed in hollywood figure) by association for scientology. He's also forty something and been there a while. This is where Dianetics and the prymid set-up of scientology come in to play......he's been there long enough and contributed enopugh money to be privy to some, if not most, of the high end secrets......mind influence and such......Has anyone ever seen TomCruise without the big smile? Not that he doesn't have every reason to have it ad nauseam, but presentation is where it's at and a smile goes a long way to producing a surface and initial trust, etc........

Katie is also pretty young and probably hasn't been exposed to alot more than acting......she would be a ripe candidate........the fact that she was displaced for two weeks is also highly suggestive.........

The way I see it is very clear and there's something going on that is definitely fishy..........I'm with Gazrok on the whole what she said thing.....creepy....

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
OMG !!!

I know where they were during those 16 days....

plastic surgery to look like one another... .

here's the proof... look at those mouths...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
. . . about that crack pipe. Maybe $cientology endorses "narcanon" et cetera, but they seem to be hypocritical about several other things as well. And crack could ease you free of your moorings for a de/re-programming session with the Ghost of Elrond Hubbard.

That website, again, for those of you playing along at home, is:

www.xenu.net...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
...look at those mouths...

Yeah, she's got a kind mouth.......but I digress!! I'd love to see someone try to do some serious investigating of the whole scientology thing. We have an investigative reporter down here in Houston named Wayne Dolcefino that wouldn't stop until he got some answer or got killed trying. He'd be my choice.

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Before makeup

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Scientology definitely creeps me out. Tom Cruise creeps me out. So does Travolta and their druggie freak guru L. Ron Hubbard. Do some research on that guy. He is a serious whackjob.

And I mean for real.

Those with the highest levels within the "church" are the ones who spend the most money on the "materials."

I believe Katie may have been kept from inner circle for those days b/c someone knew they would get through to her. Concerned friends and family would probably do everything in their power to make her see the err of her ways. What do you think her priest would say? I know that as a Christian, the God in my Bible doesn't share allegience with ANYONE.

Let's face it. Cruise ain't exactly as hot as he once was. He's desperate to get back to Brad Pitt status.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm in agreement with Rant on the cleats bit......her eyes even look a bit blackened!

Dianetics is also the name of the book written by Hubbard. It 'explains' the whole 'life changing' experience.....never could finish it myself. At one point he goes into 'engrams' (think that's the spelling- they're like post hypnotic suggestions) .....saying for instance, that you must be careful what you say in the presence of a pregnant woman, as saying something 'bad' will be heard by the fetus and influence the child's mind later on in life.....more.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The life changing experiences L. Ron Hubbard had were due to powerful drugs that he took. He then turned to a friend and said, I can start a religion, you watch.

Suckers.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
They do seem a little bit nutty! I was approached by them as a teenager, and took the IQ test thing, was locked in a room to watch a movie, and then pushed very hard to start my training immediately. I hightailed it outta there pretty quickly. I also thought I heard that L.Ron actually was sitting with a bunch of his friends, other Sci-Fi writers and they made a bet that no one could start a new religion that people would follow, and he said that he could do it. I guess I will have to research that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join