It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public isn't buying Bush's 'fake reality show'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Originally posted by nukunuku
in Yugoslavia, there was this rock in the Adriatic sea called "the naked island". If you went against the political system, you ended up there, and lots of times, you didnt make it back.

Wouldnt it be nice to pack all corrupt politicians on a boat, tell them you are taking them on a cruise and drop them of there

well a person can dream....

If we did that then we would only have Libertarians and Democrats in powr and all the racists/south/KKK/GOP/CCC/Neo-Nazis/Haliburton would never allow that.

I disagree James. If we could do as nukunuku suggest, I believe that there would be very few of any political party left in power.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That's what the Bush administration is doing with people. They are shipping them off to a (probly) never-ending hell.

Personally, since it could happen to me as easily as the next guy, I think that is dead wrong and should be stopped. If you pick up some terrorists, then charge them with a bloody crime and try them. Don't throw people into a pit of never-ending hell. That is simply not right.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Innocent till proven guilty" not the other-way around.

Sorry to inform people of that; however if you wish to play it as "guilty till proven innocent" well, have fun with the way the Prison State you would begin to live in.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
A big part of the problem is that people don't understand that things can always flip. They can become the abused minority. Then its just too late.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Originally posted by nukunuku
in Yugoslavia, there was this rock in the Adriatic sea called "the naked island". If you went against the political system, you ended up there, and lots of times, you didnt make it back.

Wouldnt it be nice to pack all corrupt politicians on a boat, tell them you are taking them on a cruise and drop them of there

well a person can dream....

If we did that then we would only have Libertarians and Democrats in powr and all the racists/south/KKK/GOP/CCC/Neo-Nazis/Haliburton would never allow that.

Neither would the hard working, educated, christians, and I allow that as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Neither would the hard working, educated, christians, and I allow that as well.

Now Frosty.......

You wouldnt be implying that Christians are the only educated, hard working people in America would you? Cause if so, that would really be a logical falicy. And I know you are'nt using faulty logic are you?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
These days I wouldn't consider many Christians to be either educated or particularly God-like (in their behavior). They, by and large, support Bush and Bush's fraudulent war. Abuse at Gitmo, Bagram, Iraq and God-knows-where else. They want to remake America into a Christian theocracy. Literally. They want to tear down the wall between church and state, completely ignoring why our founders fled to America (church/state tyranny), and rule the land in a wholesome Old Testament way. I don't know about y'all, but that scares me. And I'm a Christian. Just as much as they are, anyway. I think the difference is they don't study the scriptures. They're content with spending a couple hours at church each week, buying whatever their priest or preacher is telling them, without question. (I learned early on that even preachers can be wrong at times and they commit crimes and transgressions, too. So I tend to take them with a grain of salt until I've heard them at length.)

I digress...

The bottom line is, if the Christians can wrest control over state, than so could the Moslems (someday), or the Catholics.. any group. If that doesn't send a shock wave of fear through you, I don't know what would.

Keep the wall between church and state!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join