It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iapetus the ancient seed ship from the stars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Richard Hoagland? Not him again. You people should read this thread a bit before you can trust that guy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With him aside, nevertheless that place is very weird. I thought I've seen weird space related places in the recent years (Io, Europa, Titan, Miranda) but Iapetus is the strangest. The thing that gets me is that wall, wraps around that whole moon along the equator. The strange shape of those craters, penta- and hexa-gons.

If you closely look athe the buckministerfullerine molecule (C60) you will notice that it has the same geometric face shapes but it does not really fit in well with the assumed structure of the moon. The C60 molecule idea to my recommendation should be put away for now until the internal structure is anlayzed further.

Im not saying that it's built by and intellegent extraterrestrial race or not, but not to jump to conclusions until more is studied about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
maybe it wasnt built but just used by aliens for storage or something. kinda like previously stated.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It sure as h-e-double-toothpicks looks like one. I don't mean Trek type starships, but the kind supercomputers spit out when you plug real-world parameters into them.

The bulge could be field coils for a magnetospheric plasma propulsion and shielding system- see M2P2.

That, or its one heck of a big tektite.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
has anyone mentioned this theory yet?

maybe its just a piece of rock thats been hit with some nasty meteors and maybe the mountain range around the equator could be explained as a unique and fascinating anomily in gravitation phyisics
im sure they could figure it out but it would still teach us many secrets

i could be wrong but its just a theory
rasputin u crack me up

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
i've posted in another thread about this, i to think there is a connection between those wierd stones found in South Africa (3th picture in first post) and Iapetus.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

maybe its just a piece of rock thats been hit with some nasty meteors and maybe the mountain range around the equator could be explained as a unique and fascinating anomily in gravitation phyisics

rasputin u crack me up

Don't be daft! Iapetus just a natural object? You'll be saying there aren't huge ruined alien cities on the Moon next

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

rasputin u crack me up

Don't be daft! Iapetus just a natural object? You'll be saying there aren't huge ruined alien cities on the Moon next

I notice your quick to say that it is and alien created body. Who are you getting your information from to come to this conclusion? The bulge in the center can be caused by gravitational forces which it under constantly. The odd shapes of the crater may be caused by a compound mirror in cassini's optical system (not sure that it has one like this but many do).

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle

Originally posted by Essan

rasputin u crack me up

I notice your quick to say that it is and alien created body. Who are you getting your information from to come to this conclusion? The bulge in the center can be caused by gravitational forces which it under constantly. The odd shapes of the crater may be caused by a compound mirror in cassini's optical system (not sure that it has one like this but many do).

Balloney.

(1) The bulge in the center could be caused by many things, but gravitational forces are not one of them. Gravitational forces are very smooth. Gravitational forces tend to pull objects into ellipsoid shapes. Albeit, I don't find the bulge any more unusual than the lopsidedness of Mars, but it is not caused by gravity.

(2) The odd shapes of the crater and of the planet in general (shaped like a C60 molecule) are not caused by faulty equipment, because if it were it would show-up with the same frequency and severity when looking at other moons.

(Edited to correct spelling typo.)

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Holographic Monkey]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Richard Hoagland? Not him again. You people should read this thread a bit before you can trust that guy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With him aside, nevertheless that place is very weird. I thought I've seen weird space related places in the recent years (Io, Europa, Titan, Miranda) but Iapetus is the strangest. The thing that gets me is that wall, wraps around that whole moon along the equator. The strange shape of those craters, penta- and hexa-gons.

If you closely look athe the buckministerfullerine molecule (C60) you will notice that it has the same geometric face shapes but it does not really fit in well with the assumed structure of the moon. The C60 molecule idea to my recommendation should be put away for now until the internal structure is anlayzed further.

Im not saying that it's built by and intellegent extraterrestrial race or not, but not to jump to conclusions until more is studied about it.

Yes, I'm quoting myself, you people don't get it. It vaugely looks like a C60 molecule! Sure it has it's resembelences, but if you look at the locations of the "shapes" it would not construct a buckministerfullerine shape. The shapes vary in sizes from very small to very large. They should all be a uniform size with slight deviation due to the spheroid shape. But no, just random sized and scatered around.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You see Richard C. Hogland's point to this whole thing is that whether or not some or all these ideas are true, we actually have the scientific components necessary to find out if this stuff is bogus or not. Saturn has so many moons, that it is very feasible to think of hiding something this manifest there. Nasa has the Cassini and some other Saturn orbiting device, yet no scientist I have heard about are willing to make comments. There was some huge conference probably about 2 or 3 months back now where leading scientists had something like 32 papers on Saturnian moons, yet not a single paper was coming about the Iapetus data. Something about the radar imaging data is important.

The other amazing thing about this moon is that the mystery dates back to the 1670's when someone realized that Iapetus has a 79 day orbit, yet it is only visible for half of its cycle. There is no telling how much time these nasa satellites will last, but if we don’t speak up, some great opportunity for rapid advancement with the insight along with it to change our world for the better will be lost. The fact that this data has remained hidden is because someone wants to halt the progress of human understanding. NASA is publicly funded, and our tax dollars are hard at work at Saturn right now, but I feel we are being taken for fools, paying for someone else’s research that they keep quite while gaining the insight for themselves. I wish something blows this whole story right onto the doorsteps of the whole world.

Another point is that there are great deal of people out there that believe that Saturnian energies have some secret behind then. Many secret societies have a strong relationship to Saturn, and it may be that Iapetus was our first home, or the home of a civilization that was sent here to this solar system to re-engineer a new form of intelligent life, US.

They could be our parents, and perhaps this new hybrid theory that’s running about has some truth behind it. Anyone with the links on Reptile humanoids, or hybrids I would be grateful for the post.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You people see things in black and white. No grey region in your logic. You can never understand anything until you viewed all the possiblities and follow what you want to belive. This moon is a facinating find but automaticaly assuming it's alien is a ignorant thing to do. I look at the alien side now the logical side. To my understanding the scientific side is more favorable to me.

You people trust Richard Hoagland, fine then, if he says it's blue, it's blue. But what if we thought the same way for what George W. Bush says?

To my opinion Hoagland is wrong without a doubt on this thing, like he is for so many things, if this thing was created by aliens, he rushed to create an explination in order to coin the idea of it, like he did with that Europa thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The shapes vary in sizes from very small to very large. They should all be a uniform size with slight deviation due to the spheroid shape. But no, just random sized and scatered around.

Errr, not really. If it was a manufactured object, it would most likely be a lattice of small hexagonals within larger hexagonals, within larger... and so on.

The size of the area damaged would depend on the force of the impact and how many sections of framework collapsed, but it would eventually be contained within a larger hexagonal framework section.

I think Hoagie might be onto something with those odd balls, but I doubt if they're meant to look like that moon since it probably didn't have that huge ding in it 3 billion years ago. It does look like a good way to seed a planet though, a little metallic ball that will make it through the atmosphere without burning up, an indentation around the center that would probably make it splilt open when it hit earth, fiber insulation? inside so the micro-organisms don't get cooked during entry, and that little pockmark could be where it was injected with the goodies.

It would be something else to open one up and find it full of ancient DNA or whatever. That would pretty much prove we were bio-engineered by another race. Awesome!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Okay, okay, whatever you guys wan't to belive. But is it really nessisary to comapare it to the Death Star? That just proves further that you people are motivated by science-FICTION! Not good science.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
``

Richard H. is sure a intricate story-weaver

~~~

the most glaring fact that sprang up during my review was the Mass & Density of the satellite/ moon, Iapetus

source: en.wikipedia.org...(moon)
[[ "The low density of Iapetus indicates that it is primarily composed
of ice, with only a small amount of rocky materials.

...the Cassini probe has not yet imaged its entire surface ]]

being that Iapetus' orbit, angular momentum, and whatever other
info has led scientists to conclude that this moon is 99.9% ice (perhaps methane ice? ammonia ice?)
kinda puts a damper on the theory that the interior is honeycombed with metal or other durable elements to make up the required walls & floors & ceilings for a 'starship'.
Unless, of course, the interior of this icy moon was
flooded with an avalanche of ice crystals,
and IF the interior structures were composed of ice also.....
otherwise there would be magnetic and gravitational anomalies galore if there was a metallic BuckministerFullerdome superstructure that has since decayed into the Iapetus we see today (& have been seeing since 1671)

about the statement that (we havn't imaged the whole surface yet)
that makes it pretty convienent to weave fantastic fabrications from
those sketchy and scarce pics which can be suggestive of geometric
lines & angles [read my signature, please]

btw, I bet ol Mr Hoagland is one of the few people who could outdo my 2 1/2 hour oration session, that's how long it took me to go thru that Roestchart Ink-Blot test
& recorded/analysed by Psychiatrists....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join