It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iapetus the ancient seed ship from the stars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
external image
Part 6 now on www.enterprisemission.com...
Make me wonder.. anyone got something on their mind to share?

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Cardu]

[edit on 6/26/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What exactly are we looking at in the second two photos?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Whether the theories are true or not, its fascinating nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is the first I've heard of a seed ship before. Not entirely impossible but they would have to be aeons more advanced then us.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So ancient humans were Star Wars fans?

Edit: Damn, hit "edit" instead of "quote".

[edit on 26-6-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Vilmur
So ancient humans were Star Wars fans?

No, I think it means you have to read the link.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh c'mon intrepid, even though he didn't follow the link they could still be Star Wars fans!

-wD

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The real question is ... where does Richard Hoagland get his information? He's really good at showing us how OTHER people, such as sci-fi authors, had "inside" information. But isn't it entirely possible that Richard Hoagland himself is a conduit for some secret society controllig the govenrment, that wants to disclose certain information (or disinformation) without NASA sanctioning it?

Anyway, I definitely would not classify him as a crack-pot. However, his finger-pointing in regard to secret societies involves three fingers pointing back at him.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I tried, it lost me about 2/3's of the way. I looked around through the site after that, there are an awful lot of references to sci-fi movies used to back up his points.
Like the following

Or, 2) that Iapetus was indeed a “Deathstar world” -- created as an instrument of war by that same civilization (which is still humans’ primary occupation, isn’t it?) – an “instrument” then used in some unimaginable conflict in this solar system a long, long time ago ….

I was trying (in my own left handed way) to make a comment about how the owner of enterprisemission.com references "Star Wars", "Star Trek", "2001: A Space Odyssey", and apparently "E.T." as the basis/comparison for his theories... But maybe it's just me.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Does it have a core that in some enginnering flaw was left accessible to a small fighter that can blow the whole thing up?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Distortion
Does it have a core that in some enginnering flaw was left accessible to a small fighter that can blow the whole thing up?

A small fighter piloted by Randy Quaid maybe!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i think the deathstar is just a coincidence, or mr. lucas thought iapetus looked cool, after all, star wars is from the 1970s, and iapetus is from the late 1600's. but something does make me wonder about the moon and the spheres.

[edit on 6/26/2005 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've confirmed that many of the photographs of Iapetus that Richard Hoagland is using are legitimate.

If Hoagland is correct, Iapetus could be a store-house of ancient, advanced, alien technology. Assuming the aliens have abandoned it, though, much of it may be damaged by corrosion and erosion of various sorts. It still would be a planet-sized archaeological artifact, though.

It would be really cool if Bill Gates or somebody would send a private mission there (manned or not), and publicly disclose what they learn.

Also, if the old life-support systems of the spaceship could be repaired and modified to support human life, we could put a permanent scientific outpost there.

BTW, just ignore Hoagland's silly references to popular culture. You'll get more real science out of it that way.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
More reading stuff about Iapetus from wikipedia.org en.wikipedia.org...(moon)

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holographic Monkey
I've confirmed that many of the photographs of Iapetus that Richard Hoagland is using are legitimate.

If Hoagland is correct, Iapetus could be a store-house of ancient, advanced, alien technology. Assuming the aliens have abandoned it, though, much of it may be damaged by corrosion and erosion of various sorts. It still would be a planet-sized archaeological artifact, though.

It would be really cool if Bill Gates or somebody would send a private mission there (manned or not), and publicly disclose what they learn.

Also, if the old life-support systems of the spaceship could be repaired and modified to support human life, we could put a permanent scientific outpost there.

BTW, just ignore Hoagland's silly references to popular culture. You'll get more real science out of it that way.

Yes indeed. But joust a quick question: Q: do you think its possible that aliens where sending out seed ships into the milkyway galaxy to spread life?

It would be abit hard to try to understand how the seed ship works because its probably beyond our knowledge. So because you/we dont understand how it works it doesnt mean its impossible.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Very interesting article, I quickly scanned most of it, will have to look at it in detail again..
here's some links anyway:

www.nasa.gov...

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

aoreport.com...

home.cwru.edu...

However it's actually Mimas that was famous for being like the death star previously:

www.newscientist.com...

www.universetoday.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'm sure the government would somehow sabatage it before we could ever learn anything. It would be mysteriously "lost" en route or wouldn't return any data... at least not to those who sent it. Gates would rather spend billions giving Windows-loaded computers to starving children in Africa who would prefer a sack of wheat over pop-up ads anyday.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this a whole lot, about the symbolism of the C60 geometry and the equaotial bulge - and I think the bulge may contain long carbon nanotube fibers, and/or a factory for producing them, with the intent that if intelligent Earth-life gets space-faring technology, they could retrieve this space-elevator and thus avoid expending unnecessary resources. It's like somebody's grandparents giving them a car after graduation.

On the other hand, Iapetus might also be booby-trapped and ready to destroy the home planet of any species that wages war in space. This could also explain why so many species have tried to covertly rather than overtly influence human beings. It could be that there are many such "Death-Stars" in the Galaxy monitoring inter-planetary wars, and ready to destroy any aggressors - leaving covert operations as the only viable method of conquest.

(Edited to correct a spelling typo.)

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Holographic Monkey]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cardu
Yes indeed. But joust a quick question: Q: do you think its possible that aliens where sending out seed ships into the milkyway galaxy to spread life?

It would be abit hard to try to understand how the seed ship works because its probably beyond our knowledge. So because you/we dont understand how it works it doesnt mean its impossible.

Currently NASA is trying to do multi-purpose missions. It is almost certain that alien life this advance would make anything on this scale multi-purpose, and a grand-scale. It could be not just a seed ship, but also a temple, a museum, a library, a technological store-house, a space-elevator, and an automated weapon (programmed or operated by the original creators most likely).

The one thing I don't understand is not how, but why? Why did they not terraform Earth and inhabit it themselves? Maybe it was built jointly by several species, or maybe it was built as part of some inter-species environmental impact rules - if they colonize a planet, they must also create life on another, in order to maintain a sort of conservation of indigenous life.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The one thing I don't understand is not how, but why? Why did they not terraform Earth and inhabit it themselves? Maybe it was built jointly by several species, or maybe it was built as part of some inter-species environmental impact rules - if they colonize a planet, they must also create life on another, in order to maintain a sort of conservation of indigenous life.

Assuming a species did have the technology to build this, then they obviously have the technology and ability to travel throughout the galaxy, and likely beyond that. That gives them access to BILLIONS of planets. I think it'd be pointless to terraform everyone and move right in. Maybe they already inhabit hundreds, thousands or millions of other planets. Maybe they haven't chosen Earth because they don't need it. Maybe they have a conscience, and don't wish to wipe out the entire human race just to add another planet to their address book. Maybe they are following "universal law" by not living on Earth. There's a trillion different possibilities... and that's all assuming that this isn't just a regular Saturn moon!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join